• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aspects of the games you wish were included in the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySadler

Simple question really;

I want to know which game features you wish had been included in the main anime series, or at least were featured somewhat differently?

For me, the first two that spring to mind from Gen 1 are Rock Tunnel, and Mr. Fuji/ Marowak Spirit/ Orphaned Cubone.

I think Rock Tunnel could've made for a decent short story/ mini-arc. Possibly 1-3 episodes of something. If you didn't know where to get HM05 (Flash), like I didn't when I originally played through, Rock Tunnel was a long and frustrating part of the game. I could see Ash and co having trouble in there. Maybe needing to find the Flash HM, or a Pokemon who knew Flash. Brock's Zubat could've helped them navigate, etc.

It has always annoyed me that Mr. Fuji was never featured in the main anime, or the Marowak Ghost and her orphaned Cubone child. I guess it might be a bit too "dark" for the anime, but I think it would've made a great storyline, and that Cubone was perfect to be taken on by a main cast member (basically Ash).

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I wouldn't mind seeing TMs, HMs, and Move Tutors appear in the animé. It could allow characters to teach their Pokémon certain moves that they would not ordinarily learn and have the Pokémon being trained in the use of the new move, learning its strengths, weaknesses, and utility inside and outside of battle.

raichu27

I wouldn't mind seeing TMs, HMs, and Move Tutors appear in the animé. It could allow characters to teach their Pokémon certain moves that they would not ordinarily learn and have the Pokémon being trained in the use of the new move, learning its strengths, weaknesses, and utility inside and outside of battle.
I've been kinda thinking about that myself, especially when Ash defeats a gym leader.

I think it would've also been cool if Ash got to battle Giovanni when he was a leader of the Viridian City Gym. It would've been more cool if Ash got to have a badge by actually defeating some of the Kanto Gym Leaders, like Erica and Sabrina as well.

GreyPoliwhirl

I would have liked a PWT arc in Unova... Ash doesn't have to have entered, but it would have been cool to see some old gym leaders from other regions, even just a couple, battle each other for the prestigious title. Maybe even just bumping into one or two of them in the Decolore Islands, and they could have said they were training whilst on their way to the tournament as Ash heads back to Kanto. We even saw Claire there in the islands; she could have easily been heading towards the tournament.

Red and Blue

I wish they would include pokemon graveyards such as Pokemon Tower and Mt. Pyre. We've had death in the anime before, so I'm not sure why any graveyards have not appeared in the anime. Episodes featuring them have great potential for a strong emotional impact

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The Lavender Cubone story is something that I'd love to have seen, especially if that Cubone had then decided to travel with Ash..

Gary becoming the Viridian gym replacement after his loss at the Johto League would've been a cool idea, following in his game counterparts footsteps..

Oh and it would've been great to see Koga's upgrade to E4 status, with Janine taking over the Fuschia City gym..

MattySadler

Yeah I've always wanted TMs and HMs to be featured!

The Lavender Cubone story is something that I'd love to have seen, especially if that Cubone had then decided to travel with Ash..

Gary becoming the Viridian gym replacement after his loss at the Johto League would've been a cool idea, following in his game counterparts footsteps..

Oh and it would've been great to see Koga's upgrade to E4 status, with Janine taking over the Fuschia City gym..

Fan of all three of those ideas!

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Iris as Unova Champion, the Silph Co. invasion by Team Rocket. Alas.

Silph Co could've turned out pretty well, with Ash receiving his Lapras then, as a permanent fixture, rather than the temporary one he received later on..

Respawnzer

Toaru NT 13 hype
I just want more specialty balls to appear. I mean c'mon what happened to Ash's Fast ball. That and TMs and HMs.

ShadowForce720

I just want more specialty balls to appear. I mean c'mon what happened to Ash's Fast ball. That and TMs and HMs.

Yeah that would be nice although I doubt TMs and HMs will ever appear in the main anime but I don't see anything wrong with having specialty balls appear and in regards to the Fast ball Ash has he probably still has it and just hasn't used it yet and considering that it is the only specialty ball he has unless he pulls it out I wouldn't be surprised if he just forgot about it not just because he hasn't found a reason to use it yet or maybe he's saving it for if he finds a pokemon that is extremely fast maybe he would plan on using it on that pokemon and that why he hasn't used it yet.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I'd like to see main characters use some Poke Balls different from the regular ones,such as Net Balls and Dusk Balls.I'd also love to see Wooper use Ice Punch,Doduo/Dodrio use Steel Wing,and Togekiss use Drain Punch/Focus Punch.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I've always just wished that they would better integrate the game's plot with its resident evil team into the anime's story. This was barely done at all in Kanto, sort of but not really in Johto, they were on the right track in Hoenn, Sinnoh did the best, but still not perfect, and Unova just messed it up. Kalos seems to be on the same track as Unova. I just odn't get it. Thy have a whole story all ready written for the teams, why not fully utilize them and give the anime a better story?

I'd like to see main characters use some Poke Balls different from the regular ones,such as Net Balls and Dusk Balls.

I have to agree with this.
The only times I remember there being other kinds of Pokeballs used in the show were in Johto, when Ash, Brock and Misty(?) received those special Pokeballs from Kurt, also, that one AG episode where that one CotD threw his Master Ball at that Whiscash, only for it to end up getting eaten and lost forever.

There's probably more instances than this, I'm definitely just not recalling them at the moment.

I would personally like to see Quick and Ultra Balls in the anime.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The male playable characters would be the stars of their respected regions alongside the girls. Ethan for Johto, Brendan for Hoenn, Lucas for Sinnoh, you know the drill. I can dream.

TM's and HM's would be kinda cool to see. Main characters nicknaming their Pokemon would also be kinda cool for me. Instead of just calling them by their species name. I'm shocked nobody has ever named their Pokemon before.

I was kinda surprised they never did a TR final confrontation with Giovanni in Kanto and then the radio tower storyline in Johto. Or a storyline with Ho-oh. Ho-oh being this godlike Pokemon has really cheated it out of storylines and appearances. I wanted a Rainbow Wing storyline in Johto.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
TM's and HM's would be kinda cool to see. Main characters nicknaming their Pokemon would also be kinda cool for me. Instead of just calling them by their species name. I'm shocked nobody has ever named their Pokemon before.

I feel like TMs and HMs would be a little pointless, since Pokemon already learn moves from them, such as Pikachu's Iron Tail. Is seeing the physical disk itself really make that much of a difference?

There are actually plenty of people in the anime who nickname their Pokemon, the most prominent being Richie. Personally, nicknaming Pokemon is a pet peeve of mine, and I would be annoyed if more people did it.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
a change in the main protagonist every new generation

LizardonX

Banned
IV and EV training.

They touched on EV training somewhat with paul, though its a shame they didn't go all the way and make the pokedex do IV scans as well as moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.