• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aspects of yourself you dislike

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
So as the title says, what are some things about your personality or looks, etc that you dislike or wish you could change?

For me, I dislike that I have a tendency to say, (or type), things that offend other people because they're rude or annoying or uncalled for. The worst part is is that I always feel super guilty about it afterwards, even if I'm anonymous. Let me give you an example: There's a pretty popular Pokétuber, who I won't name specifically, who I ask questions of anonymously on Tumblr occasionally-they even answer back sometimes. Today I asked a question that I presumed might be taken rudely, but expressed at the end of my question that I meant no rudeness about it. Said person was offended by my question and called me a very rude person. Now, I won't say what my question is either, but do you know how awful it feels to offend people all of the time and then to offend someone you truly appreciate and respect while not meaning to? Ugh, I hate myself sometimes.

Anyways, everyone else should share!

Carcara

I find it difficult to start conersations. It's not that i don't like to talk, I just can't get it going or join one that has already started since it and the topic always change until I don't know what people are talking about anymore. That's why i like about internet forums: i can choose the thread i want to participate and i can look at the previous posts so i'm not lost (i am easily distracted).

Young_Simba

I tend to procrastinate too much, it makes it hard to sleep at night or do homework. It's something I would really change.

Last edited:

Ketaru

I get jealous very easily and occasionally need to remind myself to stop comparing what I have to other people. I also used to be very emotionally needy and only recently made the conscious decision to stop depending on the affirmation of others.

SilverFlame7

Wandering Trainer
I tend to view myself inferior to a lot of people due to lack of life experience/skills. I'm envious of people and it inhibits my ability to socialize normally sometimes because I wish I had more to talk about for myself/be proud of

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
I dislike that I have horrible luck. Something really, really good will happen to me and then something just as equally bad (if not worse) will turn around and happen to me.

Good: Landed a new job.
Bad: New job has forced me to abandon college altogether despite a signed agreement saying that they'll work with me.

Another example: I try to post an opinion about something in a humorous manner to try to fit in with everyone and it only goes horribly wrong. Always happens. Always.

Really hate bad luck. Sometimes I think that I stepped on a black cat while breaking a mirror under a ladder everyday FOR seven years in a past life. :(

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I dislike that I have horrible luck. Something really, really good will happen to me and then something just as equally bad (if not worse) will turn around and happen to me.

Good: Landed a new job.
Bad: New job has forced me to abandon college altogether despite a signed agreement saying that they'll work with me.

Another example: I try to post an opinion about something in a humorous manner to try to fit in with everyone and it only goes horribly wrong. Always happens. Always.

Really hate bad luck. Sometimes I think that I stepped on a black cat while breaking a mirror under a ladder everyday FOR seven years in a past life. :(

I know that feel man.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I tend to have a very polarizing personality. I tend to rub people the completely wrong way, or they absolutely love me. I think part of it has to do with my sense of humor, which is self deprecating, yet I also kind of deprecate on others, some people can take it, others can't. I'm also a very nervous cerebral person.

Also, I tend to contradict myself, but I say it's because I grow up and my opinion changes on things. I might be passionate about something one minute, but then completely change my opinion on it the next. I also hate having the desire to start things, but never getting the little push from myself to do it, I need someone else to help me start something. I wish I can be more take charge in a sense.

But with all these negatives I think I should also state the positive parts of my personality.

I'm very intuitive and pick up on people's emotions easily. Even though my sense of humor is caustic, I'm very capable of helping people feel better that I care for.

I just love that I'm able to see things through that I'm passionate about. I will not take no for an answer and will be resilient until I get the result I desire, usually without stepping on anyone's toes.

I'm ridiculously sensitive, unfortunately. My feelings get hurt pretty easily and if someone that's close to me is mad at me, it's pretty much the end of the world. I feel like I should have note attached to my forehead that says "Caution: Handle with care."

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I wouldn't say I'm shy, I'm very good at socializing. I just don't like that I can run short of things to say easily, and can't talk in groups. I can only talk to one person at a time; I can shift my attention from one person to the other, but have always found it annoying that I can't talk to more than one person at a given moment.

I tend to take things very personally, another thing I don't like. I hate letting the other person have the last laugh, when I can just move along. I can dismiss it, but it's usually when so much damage has already been done. I wish I could just cunningly deflect and move along, but it's not something I can do.

I'm critical on myself, mainly when I draw. We all get better at thing we love to do, but I tend to think that maybe a particular drawing didn't look too good or that it'll get too many negative responses. If only I could just shrug it off when it's necessary...

And I'm also very disorganized. Desk clutter doesn't bother me for some reason, and I can never give myself an opportunity to organize my things and my time. I tend to work better when I'm in a hurry, strangely. At the same time, it takes up my time and makes me lose patience and focus. I can never find solid ground when it comes to this...Just, ugh.

Minor things I hate: my poor vision, carefree approach to life, insomnia, and crippling ADD.

Positives I like about myself: Being too kind for my own good, my girly tendencies, being emotionally strong enough to get back up after countless falls, and being able to go out of my way to help those I care about in whatever way I can.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I hate that I'm a procrastinator and I easily lose motivation even on my own personal projects. I have to really be in the zone for hours in order to finish something.

I have a love-hate thing for my height. I'm just below 5'0, and yet I still get mistaken for a middle-schooler despite being 22. I probably could get rich off of that assumption if I were to ever have gotten a dollar for every time I was mistaken to be younger than I am. (Yes, even as a kid, people thought I was of a younger age.) I'm actually kinda wondering if that would still continue even after I get married/have kids. It'd be hilariously sad.

I'm also shy around people. I will keep to myself regardless of who's in the same place because I don't like to approach to start a conversation. I've done it a few times before and made friends that way, but that was only after I noticed they shared a similar hobby of mine. It was pretty bad when I went to institute in that I kept to myself and would draw. Only two people I think actually commented on my drawing, but nothing happened past that--and I had drawn examples on the board a few times, and still no one approached me just to comment on it. So I don't know. I never felt like I fit in with the others anyway, and I guess that could be another aspect of mine I hate: I just don't feel like I fit in. Not like I was born in the wrong century or something, though I sometimes think that maybe I'm a paradox in that there would've been no century that would've been perfect for me.

Yeah, I like myself, but I'm prone to being negative toward myself when it comes to being social. So... yeah. There you go.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I sometimes procrastinate, so I find it difficult to start projects etc sometimes. And then I feel guilty about it. :/

I have a fear of failure and can find it difficult to cope when I do so. I can sometimes overreact a bit, either by panicking or sometimes by snapping at people. I also worry a lot about if things go wrong in some instances, and also what people think about me (which is why I have said fear of failure). As such, I sometimes take things a bit too personally.

I also have a tendency sometimes to compare myself to other people, particuarly in the case of drawing, and as a result end up really disheartened about it. I wish I could just feel proud of myself without worrying, but I feel like it only counts if someone who doesn't know me and so has no biases likes it.

Also, I have a tendency to overthink things, leading to occasional existentialism and a fear of the future. It's kind of upsetting, and I wish I could get rid of those thoughts and just be carefree.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
I can come off as arrogant, when it wasn't my intent to do so. Still have temperamental issues, especially when someone interrupts me while I'm having a lot of fun with whatever it is I may be doing. I tend too be incredibly lazy, I've been trying to fix that since it's nothing more than detrimental.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I'm really shy,so I can't really speak to get the ball in soccer,and I'm hopeless at starting a conversation.I'm really arrogant and lazy.My biggest thing I hate is being a girl gamer.I don't like shopping for clothes or shoes or care about my looks that much.I just wear what goes and leave.I've gotten to caring for my hair a little bit,but otherwise,I'm more of a guy then a girl.