• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aspects of yourself you dislike

L. Lawliet

Black Ice Trainer
This is a lot like my situation... For the most part I love everything about myself (although that's probably a weakness of mine, as it means I'm unwilling to change who I am to adapt to a person or situation, and being really quirky as it is doesn't help), but the one thing I don't like is being unable to really relate to other people and read social cues. Especially since I'm at the stage in my life where I'm just about to start out a major career, which will mean a lot of applying for jobs in the near future, which typically means a lot of networking, it's been putting a lot of pressure on me. Being introverted as it is doesn't help either. I wouldn't say it hurts for me to love, though; it's more like I don't quite know how to love; sometimes I'll say I love someone (and even that's rare), but I never really feel that love.
this like... almost exactly describes me m8

Theodamas

Collector
I find it hard to talk in a large group of people. I really love having a brilliant conversation but if I don't know them well, I don't talk much.

This might just be some messed up coincidence but I tend to get a crush/fall in love with people living in another cities inconveniently far away from mine.

And finally I have a motion sickness so bad I can barely use a car at all and buses are absolutely out of the question. And I can't read on trains, so there's not much I can do while traveling. I can just stare out of the window and listen music.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Anxiety. I am a big ball of anxiety. A friend isn't online one day, and I start to fear they were hit by a car or something. It's really bad.

Carcara

I don't think anyone else said this, but being an introvert isn't bad just because talking to other people is hard, but also because the way everyone tells you to deal with it. Like, that "It's okay to be an introvert, as long as you try not being an introvert" talk is very annoying. But i like being shy, during those alone times i get to think about stuff: who I am, what I should do about my life and my feeling. I think i should read some books about philosophy(is that how it's spelled?).

Meowth City

Staff member
Definitely my height. I'm only five feet tall, which isn't so bad when you're an Asian girl, but it's a real hassle to reach things on higher shelves.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I tend to use sarcasm as a defense mechanism and in turn people get their feelings hurt because of it.
I'm very shy and extremely introverted.
The fact that I suffer from OCD, Dyslexia and depression doesn't help.
I always feel like I am a burden or can get in the way , be annoying/an annoyance.
I am quite indecisive.
And my grey hairs.

Tangeh

I don't like that I'm an introvert with a massive friend group of extroverts. They exhaust me, lol. We have totally different interests too - I like playing Pokémon and hanging with a smaller group, and they like partying and watching a billion TV shows and hiking like jeez lol. They say I ground them which is probably true... >_> Wish all of my introverted friends weren't online friends. :/ I need somebody to play games with and relate to. </3 Oh but despite this I don't do well in a one-on-one setting which in turn means I'm bad at relationships. I'm not comfortable unless I'm in a group of 3-5 people.

I'm also awful at explaining things. I have the grades and knowledge to be a TA or tutor, but I literally can't because I'm a horrible teacher. I tend to answer questions online with like a paragraph or two of text (example: this) because I can't condense my thoughts. IRL I tend to gesture vaguely to a problem and use words like "thing" and "stuff".

I also wish my hair would decide to be either straight or curly as opposed to a poofy mess that I can't go in public with until attacking with a straightener for at least half an hour.

And I procrastinate literally everything. Like, homework is one thing but taking food out of an oven is another. Because I've done that lol.

Last edited:

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
I don't like that I'm shy. So many of us have said this, but I am sooooo shy. I can't even ask a girl out because I get flustered and embarrassed of making a fool of myself! I also don't like that I'm 21 and have never kissed a girl. Never had a girlfriend. Don't even have real friends!

I also don't like that Misty leaving Pokemon made me ball my eyes out like a little girl... I just watched the show for the first time this year and the emotions that hit me when Misty left came out if nowhere! The first time anything ever upset me so much.

Boy, I wonder if this thread is going to be doing more harm than good!

Teebu

As most on an Internet forum, shy/social awkwardness is the main one, I'm far more adept at this than I was in school, I can actually talk to people (women in particular) now without coming across as the strangest person that just blushes and can talk for about 10 secs before awkward silence kicks in.

Procrastination, I'm so laid back sometimes I have to force myself to do something or it just won't happen, it annoys me when I think about it.

Anxiety. Goes hand in hand with being shy, I get anxious over the most stupid things with no real reason for it.

Like someone else said, genetics. A couple of long term health conditions make life a little more frustrating, which they say is probably genetically linked so yeah, that's annoying.

I find it difficult to start conersations. It's not that i don't like to talk, I just can't get it going or join one that has already started since it and the topic always change until I don't know what people are talking about anymore.
I'm almost the same way, especially when I'm around a large group of people whom I don't know, which bothers me because it makes me feel like I'm a downer sometimes. :p If someone tries to start a conversation with me though, I will appreciate it and be friendly while trying to keep it going.

I tend to procrastinate too much, it makes it hard to sleep at night or do homework. It's something I would really change.
This is another quality of myself that I would like to improve, as I find it way too easy to get distracted when browsing entertaining sites on the internet.

Other than that, I stress out and worry too much about what others think of me, so I'm constantly doing self-reflection to see where I can change for the better. I'm glad I am able to look at myself in the mirror and see myself for who I really am, I just hope it helps out in the long run haha.

Last edited:

Register

Banned
I easily get addicted to stuff. Such as if I like a game very much I can't stop playing it and I end up not studying which I regret A LOT later since I want to excel in school.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Being naive and too emotional.

FieryLucario

Just a Person
I am such a hot head. I get upset about dumb little things and then blow it way out of proportion while getting mad for no real reason.

I dislike the fact I cant tell people what I really think of them. For example, if i dont like someone, i would not have the courage to say it to their face, but in their abscence, I would moan about how i despise them.

Quazacoatl

Delta Stream!
I procrastinate too much and get upset way too easily. Also, anxiety. D:

Kurry

Superficially speaking, probably my skin. :( 23 and I still struggle with acne. It's got to the point now where the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is too check to see if my face has any signs of breaking out. The smallest bump pretty much throws me into a downer mood all day.

Bard_

Faith & Honor
I lack trust in myself and fear others way too much, although it's changing. What I don't really like is the fact I can't seem to get along with any girls. Actually, I hate relationships... Oddly. So people pick on me because of that.