• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
but ya somethin else to set em up sounds good tho I think we should really try for a nice, balanced team. -w-

**** balance, HYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR OOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

This is not a spam post.

Last edited:

Skarm™

Light It Up
Nah, bulky/balanced offense is what I prefer, but anyways who wants sash+endeavor who wants banded as who wants rocks Mamo?

Master Aqua

Master of the Void
why don't we pick the 6 pokemon first then make the sets, that to me makes more sense.

Edit:unless these sets are not set in stone afterwards. ;392;

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I honestly would prefer a Jolly rocks Mamo with max speed and stuff. STAB Earthquake + priority/STAB Ice Shard paired with a strong coverage move such as Stone Edge can really get the ball rolling against anything that doesn't outspeed and OHKO it after it manages to set up rocks (which is almost nothing, because it usually carries a Sash and is in a lead position.)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'ma nominate Castform as one of the candidates, just cause I can. Or maybe I can't, I don't know.

On a slightly related note, I'm pretty certain I'm the most useless person here. ^.^

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
@witch king: whyd you put an infernape after your post?...

also, just mamoswine, we're voting on teammates right now, until 7 dragon's time. iirc, the choices are:

celebi
breloom
jellicent
vaporeon
parashuffler dragonite
and i think thats it...

Voting Castform

Master Aqua

Master of the Void
mamoswine is a pokemon you fit into a team, when required not one you build it around.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I would personally go with either Vaporeon or Breloom. The typing alone covers for most of the critical weaknesses that Mamo is going to have. Either one will work excellently on a rain team, where Mamo's fire weakness will be mitigated at the very least, if he can't outspeed the opponent.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I'ma nominate Castform as one of the candidates, just cause I can. Or maybe I can't, I don't know.

On a slightly related note, I'm pretty certain I'm the most useless person here. ^.^

Naahhh you're just you, man -w-

mamoswine is a pokemon you fit into a team, when required not one you build it around.

Any Pokemon in OU at least, can be built well enough around. Since Mamoswine obviously has a couple of checks and counters here and there, there should be other Pokemon that can deal with said anti-Mamo Pokemon and would thus, help it reach it's fullest potential. As there are with any Pokemon. If you mean that Mamoswine tends to be a very slap-on-able Poke then yeah most deff. :0

AND I HATE BRELOOM ITS STUPID NO ONE SHOULD USE IT EVER IT SHOULD BE BANNED TO A TIER CALLED....SSSSTUPID TIER

Narin

The Forest Sage
Naahhh you're just you, man -w-

Any Pokemon in OU at least, can be built well enough around. Since Mamoswine obviously has a couple of checks and counters here and there, there should be other Pokemon that can deal with said anti-Mamo Pokemon and would thus, help it reach it's fullest potential. As there are with any Pokemon. If you mean that Mamoswine tends to be a very slap-on-able Poke then yeah most deff. :0

AND I HATE BRELOOM ITS STUPID NO ONE SHOULD USE IT EVER IT SHOULD BE BANNED TO A TIER CALLED....SSSSTUPID TIER

Any sleep inducing pokemon should be sent to this tier also!

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry

CCAT Round Two Winner!

The winner by an absolute landslide is Jellicent. So a majority of the clan seems to want to decide on sets for Mamoswine and Jellicent (it appears only the Witchking and myself do that last). So feel free to post sets you think we should use for either of the two Pokemon. I think we can handle 2 votes for this. Feel free to submit sets for both Pokemon now. After this I suppose we should vote on Pokemon then vote on a set.

Master Aqua

Master of the Void
ye i am gonna sugget we rethink things here

instead of the jellfish i suggest we make a sun team as mamoswine is rather good on sun teams in my experience and replace the fish with venasaur

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

CCAT Round Two Winner!

The winner by an absolute landslide is Jellicent. So a majority of the clan seems to want to decide on sets for Mamoswine and Jellicent (it appears only the Witchking and myself do that last). So feel free to post sets you think we should use for either of the two Pokemon. I think we can handle 2 votes for this. Feel free to submit sets for both Pokemon now. After this I suppose we should vote on Pokemon then vote on a set.

Mamoswine @ Toxic Orb
Modest - Oblivious
252 Sp. Atk, 252 HP, 4 Def
-Ice Beam
-Dig
-Peck
-Tackle

Nobody will EVER expect it!

EDIT:

Actually, I was just trolling, but come to think of it, what about an Icy Wind set? It would be a bit like Flame Charge Heatran in reverse. Fire off an Icy Wind on a predicted switch on something like Infernape, then destroy it since you now outspeed it.

I'm gonna experiment with this a little.

Last edited:

Skarm™

Light It Up
ye i am gonna sugget we rethink things here

instead of the jellfish i suggest we make a sun team as mamoswine is rather good on sun teams in my experience and replace the fish with venasaur

Well, we've already picked Jellicent so were just gonna have to go with it. Maybe we can try a sun team next time :s sorry

So Mamo:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Ice Shard
-Endeavor
-Earthquake
-Icicle Crash/Stealth Rock

If we have a spinner enter the team, this Mamo becomes a monster. At full HP, just Endeavor+Ice Shard to dispose of any Pokemon that you may have let set up on the opposing team, or if you just know you don't have a counter or check to the opposing mon.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
196 HP / 252 Def / 60 SpA
-Will O Wisp
-Scald
-Recover
-Taunt/Shadow Ball

Alright, so this jelly set is for what jelly was really meant for. Why do you think WoW was put on jelly's move pool? Physical stuff. That's why this set is physically defensive, with the ability to take many more physical hits than it's special def set and Willowisp them to their doom.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Gengar's going to rape both of those, we need a Gengar coounter, like Choice Band Weavile or something. Focus Sash Weavile always beats Gengar as long as Rocks aren't up, but 2 sashers on one team with the same weaknesses seems like a bad idea to me. Maybe Chople Tyranitar? Idk.

Skarm™

Light It Up
A variety of things beat Gengar such as Alakazam, Scarf Keldeo, Scarfrachi, and practically anything that's scarfed anyways. Volc seems to be a bit of a problem if SR isn't up, so maybe a scarf Keldeo or Subsalac Terrakion can help the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.