• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
The 5 standards are Uber, OU, UU, RU and NU (possibly 6, is Little Cup standard?) And you can play stuff up but not down. Smogon's site has a list of their standard tiers.

The clauses you'd probably see:
Sleep: Only 1 Pokemon per team can be asleep
Evasion: Evasion boosting moves/abilities are banned, except (I believe) Acupressure. Never actually used Acupressure myself, I find it's a pretty poor move...
Moody: Moody is banned.
OHKO: OHKO moves always miss
Selfdestruct/Explosion: If one of these moves KOs both people's last mon, the Exploder loses. Applies to Destiny Bond too.

Drizzle and Swift Swim can't be on the same OU team either, but you can get around that with Rain Dance instead of Drizzle (tougher to pull off but rewarding if you do).

Did I miss anything there?

Oh, and my own question: PO tiers are slightly different from Smogon standard, so Showdown and PO have slightly different OUs... If on PO, do we still follow Smogon, or do we follow PO? (Don't much care either way, I hate Genesect in OU and don't use it even on PO outside Ubers, just curious)

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
As far as I know, the insect was banned on both counts, but even so, it's up to the battlers on what they use to do a battle. As for PO or PS, it doesn't matter at all as long as both battlers agree to use one or the other. Same goes for tiers.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Hm, it was? I haven't played on PO in a long time XD.

Thanks for the info!

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
No probs. If people need to be tested for the war team, I'll leave it up to Skam and Metal to get that done, until we get an official tester hired.

Jazz hands wants to be one, but I've yet to battle him and see if he's suited for the job. :)

JCKane

Meow!!
As far as I know, the insect was banned on both counts, but even so, it's up to the battlers on what they use to do a battle. As for PO or PS, it doesn't matter at all as long as both battlers agree to use one or the other. Same goes for tiers.

Allright. Sounds good to me.

The Pwner

Like a Boss
Ok... Does anybody want to join my OU tournament? The thread will be up on Sunday, VM if u want to.

JCKane, looking at you lol

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Dude, don't double post.
I'm a co-leader, But I'm posting this for admin purposes.

Username:Jazz Hands
Battling Rate (1-10):6/7
PO/PS Name:[P4L]Jazz Hands
WiFi Name/FC:I'll add it later.
Referred by:MEEEEEEE

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
HTML Code:
Username: Dragonicwari
Battling Rate (1-10): I have battled or shown replays to each one of the main leaders, decide for yourselves how good I am :p
PO/PS Name: Varies a lot lol
WiFi Name/FC: In my sig
Referred by: Skamory 7

I can give discounts to people in here with my trade shop and I can do banners if anyone needs them. I did the one in my sig and every user bar in my shop as well except the one done by drizzle (unless we get priority at Daedric Design again?)

Skarm™

Light It Up
Dude, don't double post.
I'm a co-leader, But I'm posting this for admin purposes.

Username:Jazz Hands
Battling Rate (1-10):6/7
PO/PS Name:[P4L]Jazz Hands
WiFi Name/FC:I'll add it later.
Referred by:MEEEEEEE
Accepted, come to the Xat sometime or admin.

HTML Code:
Username: Dragonicwari
Battling Rate (1-10): I have battled or shown replays to each one of the main leaders, decide for yourselves how good I am :p
PO/PS Name: Varies a lot lol
WiFi Name/FC: In my sig
Referred by: Skamory 7

I can give discounts to people in here with my trade shop and I can do banners if anyone needs them. I did the one in my sig and every user bar in my shop as well except the one done by drizzle (unless we get priority at Daedric Design again?)
Thanks for the discounts, and yes, I forgot to mention. All AA members get priority at SM's part of the shop at Daedric Design, only SM's part though.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Pwner, do you often set up and run tournaments? If so, do they normally have a good turnout?

As for everyone else, welcome!

I also remember the message that Jazz Hands sent me. Rest assured, I've not forgotten about it. What sort of jobs do you intend to hold for the clan?

Skarm™

Light It Up
Pwner, do you often set up and run tournaments? If so, do they normally have a good turnout?

As for everyone else, welcome!

I also remember the message that Jazz Hands sent me. Rest assured, I've not forgotten about it. What sort of jobs do you intend to hold for the clan?

I'll make this quick since I'm at school:

For wifi, we can have breeders, EV trainers, RNGers and stuff like that. We can also have tutors and all of that stuff, and I'd be happy to be tutored

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
I'll make this quick since I'm at school:

For wifi, we can have breeders, EV trainers, RNGers and stuff like that. We can also have tutors and all of that stuff, and I'd be happy to be tutored
I can be an EV trainer!

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I'm pretty well rounded, other than RNG I can do anything you guys need me to lol. I wouldn't mind being a sub for the war team (thinks about how first war with the last clan I was in with skam)

Edit; I could also be a tutor for uu, it's my favorite tier and probably the tier I'm the most consistent in while doing well

Master Aqua

Master of the Void
Username:
Battling Rate (1-10):Unknown atm not been battling much since december
PO/PS Name:malo
WiFi Name/FC:none
Referred by:Skamory7

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
So, what's everyone's favorite play style and tier currently?

I was just running a lot of volt switch in OU but I plan on shaking it up a bit and using a much less used playstyle

Master Aqua

Master of the Void
i tried out smash pass but it's hard to pull off when your rustyn or when noobs spring somthing unexpected on you. It's all about know whens the right time to pass and when to smash Naturually kyurem-b is on the team

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
I'm currently going back to OU for a while to play around with Toed-less rain. It's been awesome, completely sweeps unprepared teams.

so we still have that partnership with SM huh? Awesome, I love his art.

Showdown has been.... Interesting lately... I ran into Kadabra in OU and physical Politoed yesterday XD

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I was having a match and this nearly swept my team. That thing with a scarf is so much faster than I expected. I honestly expected him to be using it as death fodder but it turns out to be a really good late game sweeper, if he gets every single one of your mons down to around 3%

I think I looked at that team a while ago Loco. Didn't see anything huge to point out (or I was being lazy lol) but it did look pretty solid. Though every time I see tornadus as a lead I expect either tailwind or rain dance and try to Ohko it anyways (are you still running tornadus?)

JCKane

Meow!!
Ok... Does anybody want to join my OU tournament? The thread will be up on Sunday, VM if u want to.

JCKane, looking at you lol

I don't have a team ready yet. Still working on a team for the International Doubles tournament. So it depends if it's singles or doubles and if I have my team prepared by then.

As for jobs i could possibly be an EV trainer. Well, you'd have to provide me with what EVs you'd want. Otherwise, I'd have to assume either max Sp Atk/Atk, and max speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.