• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Gourgeist can check Aegislash and Hawlucha, I'll throw some replays in here later for proof :)

I've been looking for a reasonable Aegislash check for my Rain team, I'll have to try that.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
So is it just me or are all of the more wallish mons of this gen really oriented to one side? Like, one of them has base 140 def and 30 sp def -_-

Skarm™

Light It Up
Getting X tomorrow I think so you guys can spoil it afterwards .-.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone could help me or give some tips on teambuilding? I have been playing a lot and I ususally win in the ladders but when I'm up against some of you guys, I usually lose. So yeah.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/team-building.70138/

Helpful enough

DragMag Wars. Slowly relearning the trade, I've battled a ton today. Any tips for the current meta guys?

Run

ALSO

449.png

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Roar

+Extra Rough Skin Damage
+Fantastic Typing
+Bulkier
+Phazing Capabilities

653.png

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard/Iron Fist
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- DynamicPunch/Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

+Good STAB and much more powerful
+Spinblocks
+100% Confuse chance if first variant/MORE punching power if second
+Lefties Recovery

These are the sets that usually see use. ^^ Which one looks better so far for our NU team of Choice Charizard and Spe.Def Wartortle? Please do keep in mind i've NEVER played NU so im just going off what I hear/common knowledge.

Last edited:

Desert_Fox

Legendary Outlaw
Last edited:

epicdrill

LMAO wow. That guy was sad.

I just found out you can pet your pokemon after it kicks someones ***. I love it.

Edit: I love wonder trade. I got a Finnikin for a Foongus.

IK. He was like, "Oh, I think I'll just spam Dragon and Poison moves at this Steel/Fairy type. Also, I'd better use a Fighting move on a part-Ghost type."

Jirachi, Jirachi, Jirachi, Jirachi, and Jirachi have all been rising quite a bit in usage recently. Other than that the threats are mostly the same as they have been for a while.

Jirachi is at like 40% smogon tournament usage or something insane like that. Also, it is sitting at #2 usage on the OU ladder around 22%.

Does anyone else think that DragMag will be really good in Gen 6?

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone could help me or give some tips on teambuilding? I have been playing a lot and I ususally win in the ladders but when I'm up against some of you guys, I usually lose. So yeah.

Here's a pretty good overall to competitive battling, with a good section on teambuilding: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon.3489281/

Last edited:

Desert_Fox

Legendary Outlaw
IK. He was like, "Oh, I think I'll just spam Dragon and Poison moves at this Steel/Fairy type. Also, I'd better use a Fighting move on a part-Ghost type."

Its just tooooooooo great lmao. I wonder how he felt after the battle.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/team-building.70138/

Helpful enough

Run

ALSO

449.png

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Roar

+Extra Rough Skin Damage
+Fantastic Typing
+Bulkier
+Phazing Capabilities

653.png

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard/Iron Fist
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- DynamicPunch/Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

+Good STAB and much more powerful
+Spinblocks
+100% Confuse chance if first variant/MORE punching power if second
+Lefties Recovery

These are the sets that usually see use. ^^ Which one looks better so far for our NU team of Choice Charizard and Spe.Def Wartortle? Please do keep in mind i've NEVER played NU so im just going off what I hear/common knowledge.

I like Golurk more, but I'd run more defensive Evs. My opinion, means nothing.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
About the CCAT, just a thing I'm going to throw out there. If we go Gabite we should run spikes, rocks, and a spin blocker. Also, it'd be cool if Gabite ran D Tail and Roar imo, cuz there are times where one is useful and the other isn't.... I kinda want to run defensive chomp now. Thanks Metal :p

Those days you really have no idea why you won

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I like Golurk more, but I'd run more defensive Evs. My opinion, means nothing.

That's what I was thinking, actually. But what? What would he be happy outspeeding while allowing us for more bulk? I know naught about NU.

About the CCAT, just a thing I'm going to throw out there. If we go Gabite we should run spikes, rocks, and a spin blocker. Also, it'd be cool if Gabite ran D Tail and Roar imo, cuz there are times where one is useful and the other isn't.... I kinda want to run defensive chomp now. Thanks Metal :p

Didn't I give you a defensive Garchomp w/Dragon Tail over Dragon Claw???

epicdrill

Okay, I just faced 2 people in a row using Doublade. One of them used Sacred Sword on Ttar. It survived, then proceeded to KO with crunch the next turn.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
That's what I was thinking, actually. But what? What would he be happy outspeeding while allowing us for more bulk? I know naught about NU.

Didn't I give you a defensive Garchomp w/Dragon Tail over Dragon Claw???

Yeah you did :x running a lot of stallish teams on the uber ladder. I can't quite get the team I want though :/

Okay, I just faced 2 people in a row using Doublade. One of them used Sacred Sword on Ttar. It survived, then proceeded to KO with crunch the next turn.

They probably didn't see the new form yet

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Well guys I just took the PSAT yesterday, wish for me t become a national merit finalist :p
And so the mods won't castrate me-

I rape everything with Xerneas.

Matoro

Toa of Ice
Well guys I just took the PSAT yesterday, wish for me t become a national merit finalist :p
And so the mods won't castrate me-

I rape everything with Xerneas.

Ah good luck dude, I made NMF last year and it's really helped. You won't get results for more than a year though.

On-topic though, I've been running over my NU team, and I was wondering what you guys though of it.

=== [nu] New NU Team ===

Yraivarb (Braviary) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Return

Krulog (Golurk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 Spd / 80 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Punch

Edepilocs (Scolipede) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 56 Def / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail

Xnyj (Jynx) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Trick

Laokrot (Torkoal) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

Esoognaz (Zangoose) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance

So far the most important on my team has been Scolipede actually, I've netted a lot of KOs with the Toxic Spikes that I wouldn't have otherwise. The least important has been Torkoal, mainly because even with those EVs he can't take a hit and he can't switch into Stealth Rocks without dying. So yeah, thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.