• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Could i get a DW chespin?

Also, i was thinking of taking out lucario of my team.dunno, just cant find any good chances to setup swords dance.any ideas?

What's your full team?

Matoro

Toa of Ice
W-were at the voting process

Yeah I know just thought I'd throw in a couple NU mons for discussion since that seemed to be the topic.

Speaking of NU what's the best set on Jynx? I'm running Lovely Kiss/Ice Beam/Psychic even though I'm scarfed [size=-12]mostly cause smogon copypasta[/size] but I don't usually get a chance to pull off Lovely Kiss and when I do it always misses. Any suggestions?

matgonor

Too cool for SSB4
My team:
Rotom-W, choice scarf
timid 252spatk 252spe i guess, cant remember
hydro pump, trick, volt switch, thunderbolt

Gastrodon
leftovers- storm drain
bold 252hp 252 def i guess
toxic, scald, earthquake, recover

Ferrothorn
lefties
Relaxed 252 hp 252 sp.def i guess
leech seed, protect, thunder wave, gyro ball

Dragonite
lefties
adamant 252 hp 152 atk 100 spe i guess again ._.
d.dance, d. claw, earthquake, roost

Gengar
timid 252 spe and sp.atk
life orb
substitute, shadow ball, focus blast, sludge bomb(or ball, dunno)

Lucario
adamant lucarionite 252 atk and spe
s. dance, close combat, extremespeed, crunch

Guess that´s it.Rotom for scouting and screwing up some stalling pokes( i laugh at you, scarfed blissey).Gastrodon cuz he´s a monster, stalls almost everything, ferrothorn pretty much the same, gengar because someone has to hit hard right off the bat and i need special attackers, dragonite cuz its the easyest thing ever to setup, and lucario...i dunno.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Yeah I know just thought I'd throw in a couple NU mons for discussion since that seemed to be the topic.

Speaking of NU what's the best set on Jynx? I'm running Lovely Kiss/Ice Beam/Psychic even though I'm scarfed [size=-12]mostly cause smogon copypasta[/size] but I don't usually get a chance to pull off Lovely Kiss and when I do it always misses. Any suggestions?

In my opinion Smogon should get rid of whoever suggested Lovely Kiss at all, let alone on a Scarf set.

My favourite Jynx is Nasty Plot Jynx.

124.gif

Jynx @ Life Orb
Timid - Dry Skin
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Psyshock
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Grass)
-Nasty Plot

There's my set. You can tweak it a little to fit on your team obviously. I see most people usually run Focus Blast on him somewhere, but my team appreciated Hidden Power (Grass) to nail Alomomola more than Focus Blast to hit nothing important. Just watch out for Mach Punch users, that base 35 Defence won't be letting you take any physical hits any time soon.​

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
D-doesnt anyone else wanna vote ;-;

Oh and WOW I GOTTA SHINY DRILBUR WHILE BREEDING I DIDNT EVEN WANT THIS BUT OKAY

Adamant Sand Force with 3 perfect IV's, I cant remember what they were but I know i was satisfied with it at the time.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
D-doesnt anyone else wanna vote ;-;

Oh and WOW I GOTTA SHINY DRILBUR WHILE BREEDING I DIDNT EVEN WANT THIS BUT OKAY

Adamant Sand Force with 3 perfect IV's, I cant remember what they were but I know i was satisfied with it at the time.

Sent you my vote, and congratulations.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry

Why not a hidden power? Fighting would be good for the obscene amount of normal types in the tier...

My team:
Rotom-W, choice scarf
timid 252spatk 252spe i guess, cant remember
hydro pump, trick, volt switch, thunderbolt

Gastrodon
leftovers- storm drain
bold 252hp 252 def i guess
toxic, scald, earthquake, recover

Ferrothorn
lefties
Relaxed 252 hp 252 sp.def i guess
leech seed, protect, thunder wave, gyro ball

Dragonite
lefties
adamant 252 hp 152 atk 100 spe i guess again ._.
d.dance, d. claw, earthquake, roost

Gengar
timid 252 spe and sp.atk
life orb
substitute, shadow ball, focus blast, sludge bomb(or ball, dunno)

Lucario
adamant lucarionite 252 atk and spe
s. dance, close combat, extremespeed, crunch

Guess that´s it.Rotom for scouting and screwing up some stalling pokes( i laugh at you, scarfed blissey).Gastrodon cuz he´s a monster, stalls almost everything, ferrothorn pretty much the same, gengar because someone has to hit hard right off the bat and i need special attackers, dragonite cuz its the easyest thing ever to setup, and lucario...i dunno.

Why not...:

Terrakion @ Salac Berry/ leftovers
Justified
Jolly
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd
Sub
Close Combat
Stone edge
Swords Dance/ x-scissor

Excellent Sub Salac abuser and late game cleaner

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

matgonor

Too cool for SSB4
Why not a hidden power? Fighting would be good for the obscene amount of normal types in the tier...

Why not...:

Terrakion @ Salac Berry/ leftovers
Justified
Jolly
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd
Sub
Close Combat
Stone edge
Swords Dance/ x-scissor

Excellent Sub Salac abuser and late game cleaner
When its released, sure.But i dont play pokebank OU.i play normal OU.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Ugh showdown is being a jerk :(
Anyone else having probs with it?

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry

I am, just had 2 nu matches simultaneously, somehow forced both opponents to forfeit both matches, and I didn't get any laddering points for either. Not to mention I can't get the replays due to server overload. Both matches were fairly solid too :/

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
For those of you that havent voted pls vote that'd be cool.

Also, the Conk set has a bit of speed to outpace Hippo. It's on the site now you gotta check it!

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 208-247 (49.52 - 58.8%) -- 69.53% chance to 2HKO
(208, 211, 213, 216, 218, 221, 224, 226, 229, 231, 234, 237, 239, 242, 244, 247)

Factoring in Leftovers you're not even 2HKOing. Granted there's not a hell of a lot Hippowdon can do in return other than Whirlwind you away and Slack Off the damage, but outspeeding Hippowdon doesn't exactly seem like a reasonable goal to me.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 208-247 (49.52 - 58.8%) -- 69.53% chance to 2HKO
(208, 211, 213, 216, 218, 221, 224, 226, 229, 231, 234, 237, 239, 242, 244, 247)

Factoring in Leftovers you're not even 2HKOing. Granted there's not a hell of a lot Hippowdon can do in return other than Whirlwind you away and Slack Off the damage, but outspeeding Hippowdon doesn't exactly seem like a reasonable goal to me.

It's only about 20 EV's, besides, getting damage off first on a weakened Hippo could be difference between a dead/incredibly weakened hippo or a sand stalling hippo. ;-;

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It's only about 20 EV's, besides, getting damage off first on a weakened Hippo could be difference between a dead/incredibly weakened hippo or a sand stalling hippo. ;-;

Hmm, I thought Conkeldurr was slower than that to be honest. I guess a 20 EV investment wouldn't be a bad idea.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer

For some reason, the site wasn't loading for me yesterday. Seems fine today though, although not being able to upload/view replays is really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.