• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaus™

Banned
I didnt think it wouldnt be offensive. though, it would to know what set to run. for example, if we arent running sash+SR(LO/choice band), we need an SR setter. If we are, either make it a lead, or run a bouncer/spinner.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I kind of think we should have done Weavile or Zangoose or something more assassin-y. I mean, not bashing Mamoswine, but I always thought the thing looked more like a pork roast than a fearsome mammoth beast.

Master Aqua

Master of the Void
mamoswine is definately a forced to be reckoned with for dealing with dragons and other top threats

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Well after SR he can OHKO most dragons so he's pretty badass :)
He doesn't even need stealth rock if he uses Icicle Crash. That will KO most anything 4x weak (I'm not sure about multiscale dragonite though, if at full hp).

Also, I've been really busy lately (new kitten irl), sorry I haven't been as active.

Skarm™

Light It Up
I say Sash+Endeavor Mamo, cuz take a hit to 1 HP, endeavor, then Ice shard for the KO. But it needs a support spinner so jut saying. And voting jellicent

Skarm™

Light It Up
Mamo can't OHKO Dragonite with anything except Icicle Spear, while Dragonite can 2HKO with +1 Extremespeed, or OHKO with +1 Outrage.

That's why jello can partner with Mamo to Willowisp dnite, or my Mamo could endeavor and ice shard so that's what makes my set special <3

Master Aqua

Master of the Void
the is a revenge killer of most dragons, they come in the outrage get a little weakened and mamo finnishes the job off. Thins like mamoswine are the reason why dragonite is no longer a premier sweeper of ou, he is more of a cb user these days . Also i would not expect him to use icicle spear so why mention it?

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Mamo can't OHKO Dragonite with anything except Icicle Spear, while Dragonite can 2HKO with +1 Extremespeed, or OHKO with +1 Outrage.

So you let Dragonite get to +1 without it taking any damage? I know I don't, no matter what. Break it's scale and Mamo cleans house

Also: I use icicle spear for breaking sashes, scales, and subs. Plus it won't miss. Though if most people want to use Icicle crash instead I'm game for that

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
That's why jello can partner with Mamo to Willowisp dnite, or my Mamo could endeavor and ice shard so that's what makes my set special <3

I have no idea why, but after reading this post, I can't get this out of my head.

[video=youtube;fnWk2Wt1aJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnWk2Wt1aJA[/video]

And seconding Icicle Spear somewhere on the set, cuz **** society. And actually lots of people use Icicle Spear, and like 80% of all Dragonite are Dragon Dance these days. If it Dances while you switch to Mamo, then it's GG N00b! Or you can stay in and let it dance twice, at which point Extremespeed can OHKO after rocks.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
56.683% of all Dragonite run Dragon Dance during the April month. While that is still a LOT of them, it isn't quite 80%. Just saying before we have a war between wether it is most commonly found as Dancer or Bander

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
56.683% of all Dragonite run Dragon Dance during the April month. While that is still a LOT of them, it isn't quite 80%. Just saying before we have a war between wether it is most commonly found as Dancer or Bander

80% was just a number I spat out there, haha. XD

And come to think of it, I normally kill them before I even get a chance to see whether or not they're banded or DD.

Klaus™

Banned
IIRC, banded icicle crash ohkoes dragonite.

though we seriously need to think of a set. do we want him as a revenge killer/ dragon killer? if so, band would be our best bet, but we need a rocks setter. or go sash endeavor, which i dont like at all?

It only works once(YOLO....o wait....)
not guaranteed to always work.
Very poor rocks setter. requires the need to eliminate their spinner beforehand, and get rid of hazards so mamo can set rocks again if need be.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

though we seriously need to think of a set. do we want him as a revenge killer/ dragon killer? if so, band would be our best bet, but we need a rocks setter. or go sash endeavor, which i dont like at all?

Very poor rocks setter. requires the need to eliminate their spinner beforehand, and get rid of hazards so mamo can set rocks again if need be.

I thought suicide kills were condoned by the communist manifesto?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

Heeey, while I dont agree with it being a poor rock setter, I do believe that that particular Mamo set, the lead one, is better suited towards really offensely inclined teams based on how successfully and frequently ive seen it be used within that sort of playstyle. Of course this is all IMO. ^^

oh and all hazard setters have the problem of hazard spinners, and like, all hazards are never "guaranteed" to stay up so long as the appropriate anti-hazard Poke remains healthy enough. Mamoswine is also very potent at forcing switches meaning opprotunities to set up at least once more should the first batch be denied presence should always have a chance.

but ya somethin else to set em up sounds good tho I think we should really try for a nice, balanced team. -w-

Skarm™

Light It Up
Slow speed is made up for with STAB Ice Shard. Plus, sonic is right when she says that Mamo is good at forcing switches, which is a great opportunity to set up rocks. Personally, I disagree with banding it because that takes away it's ability to cover all sets of mons and from being a real revenge killer b/c of that slow speed. That why I think we should have Sash+Endeavor as our revenge killer with a seperate rocks setter and spinner.

PS- Round one of the tourney matchups are up. They are to be completed by next Thursday!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.