• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Drag and ZF, you have to select Gen6 custom game, not just custom game. Otherwise it won't have xy mechanics

Oops, my bad :x maybe I like them gen 5 mechanics? XD Does PS have a mega evolution animation yet?

It is. My Pokemon range from 43-49 and they would be higher but I went and caught a Skrelp and started training a Adamant Gible I found and I just beat the 6th gym.. I think in most games by the 6th gym youre like at 42ish...?

Well, most of the time I'm 10-15 levels below what I should be so that might be my issue... maybe I shouldn't avoid every avoidable battle

Desert_Fox

Legendary Outlaw
The music on Route 15 and 16 is just tooooooooo good. I love it.

Edit:
Well, most of the time I'm 10-15 levels below what I should be so that might be my issue... maybe I shouldn't avoid every avoidable battle

Lol well yeah you shouldnt. I battle everyone!

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Wartortle sounds like a good rapid spinning partner as it resists Charizards Water weakness. Aqua Ring is kind of unusual though. I think Protect or Haze (maybe Foresight) would be better. I haven't played much NU so I don't know if SpecsZard as MCBarrett suggested or ScarfZard would be more useful.

Aqua ring is his only healing move so I figured wynaut. And Zard is out speed by other scarfers or some pokemanz without scarf.

Last edited:

epicdrill

Same. I'm equal level and I'm usually even further behind then you until I get to "Oh **** I can't beat this!" and then I overtrain. Seriously, though, the megacario you get is OP. Hasty with a speed IV, according to Serebii IV calculator, of 30 or 31.

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Is stealth rock still in OU or are they nerfing that too?

Desert_Fox

Legendary Outlaw
Is stealth rock still in OU or are they nerfing that too?

No nerfs that I heard of. I know trapping move got bumped up to 1/8 now. WoW got an accuracy buff as well.

Ive always fought every trainer but in no game hav I been 10+ levels over the trainers in the route and no I think its route 14?

AnnoyingRedHead

No nerfs that I heard of. I know trapping move got bumped up to 1/8 now. WoW got an accuracy buff as well.

Ive always fought every trainer but in no game hav I been 10+ levels over the trainers in the route and no I think its route 14?

Same here. usually when I train all my team equally the gym leaders have their main pokemon 3-4 levels higher than me but not on this game about 2 of my pokemon were always higher level than them. managed to beat all the elite four without using a single potion or revive.

Desert_Fox

Legendary Outlaw
Same here. usually when I train all my team equally the gym leaders have their main pokemon 3-4 levels higher than me but not on this game about 2 of my pokemon were always higher level than them. managed to beat all the elite four without using a single potion or revive.

Thats insane. All I know is I cant wait to play people online though.

AnnoyingRedHead

Thats insane. All I know is I cant wait to play people online though.

you know what is really insane is the super training. I have a level 1 tyrunt who is fully ev trained and I am about to start raising his levels. To think if you spent the time you could perfectly ev train your starter and have him competitive worthy within an hour of starting the game :) Any one else have an opinion on the new super training?

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Aqua ring is his only healing move so I figured wynaut. And Zard is out speed by other scarfers or some pokemanz without scarf.

Edit: Ignored again.

How are you being ignored...? I'm probably just missing something here

Same. I'm equal level and I'm usually even further behind then you until I get to "Oh **** I can't beat this!" and then I overtrain. Seriously, though, the megacario you get is OP. Hasty with a speed IV, according to Serebii IV calculator, of 30 or 31.

Psh, Nuzlocking this game woulda been fun. Also, that Lucario ain't too shabby. Does it have a set atk iv?

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
I was actually lower than the E4 when I challenged them, but I still won my first time. I wish they were harder though.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Am i the only one who feels as if activety is slow in the guild?
Let the DS catch a snooze now and then!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
6.png

Charizard @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]/Focus Blast

Since both seem like very dangerous sets, i've decided to slash them both and have us decide at the end which might be better after we make up the team. mc and cool seem to have a bunch of experience on the matter so these sets are probably the ones that will see useage!

8.png

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Aqua Ring/Yawn/Haze/Foresight

Standard Wartortle I would imagine! Standard moveset with Aqua Ring thrown in for "recovery" xD Yawn/Haze are also very viable for the forcing out of things or the stopping of boosting. Foresight could be cool too for the guaranteed spin which might be crucial for Charizards lifespan.

Thanks coolool for the suggested sets but having half of them done seems like a lil too much, but Wartortle did seem accepted all around by everyone so that's why it's here. I didnt ignore you, bud. -w-

Does this look good so far? Sorry about the time it's taking, there's stuff going on and my eyes are feeling way heavier then usual. :/

What else would we need? I mean, i'd say for the sake of balance something that can TAKE a strong physical Rock move. Uuuunnless it's not too common? or Wartortle can do that? Or deff an Electric type move. gud ground types any1

Last edited:

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
6.png

Charizard @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]/Focus Blast

Since both seem like very dangerous sets, i've decided to slash them both and have us decide at the end which might be better after we make up the team. mc and cool seem to have a bunch of experience on the matter so these sets are probably the ones that will see useage!

8.png

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Aqua Ring/Yawn/Haze/Foresight

Standard Wartortle I would imagine! Standard moveset with Aqua Ring thrown in for "recovery" xD Yawn/Haze are also very viable for the forcing out of things or the stopping of boosting. Foresight could be cool too for the guaranteed spin which might be crucial for Charizards lifespan.

Thanks coolool for the suggested sets but having half of them done seems like a lil too much, but Wartortle did seem accepted all around by everyone so that's why it's here. I didnt ignore you, bud. -w-

Does this look good so far? Sorry about the time it's taking, there's stuff going on and my eyes are feeling way heavier then usual. :/

What else would we need? I mean, i'd say for the sake of balance something that can TAKE a strong physical Rock move. Uuuunnless it's not too common? or Wartortle can do that? Or deff an Electric type move. gud ground types any1

The ignored thing was just a joke.

Wartortle is really good, and the grass type, I believe sawsbuck, was just an idead for a Fire, Water Grass core.

MCBarrett

MCBarrett
Ok couple of things for the ccat. First, lets hear some more suggestions/ opinions so we can generate some discussion! That's how we're all going to learn from this, and even if you aren't interested in NU basic team building can be similarly applied to pretty much every standard tier.

Anywho, onto the sets. First of all, on Zard Dragon Pulse hits nothing but Altaria and that mini Haxorus dude (forget his name) and neither of those see much usage so having Flamethrower's accuracy is generally a better option. Also I think Protect is the best option for Wartortle since it can Toxic Stall a bit and scout for moves but it isn't as big of a deal as Dragon Pulse on Charizard. Now for the rest of the team we will want something to take multiple strong Normal/ Fighting Type attacks that are so common in the tier (Wartortle can't because no recovery) as well as something to take Electric Type attacks like Metal said. At some point a Pursuit Trapper would also be nice to get rid of Ghost types so Wartortle can spin more easily. So that's basically what we're looking at right now, but I'm not gonna make a submission this early though so I can hear some of your guys' suggestions :]

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Ok couple of things for the ccat. First, lets hear some more suggestions/ opinions so we can generate some discussion! That's how we're all going to learn from this, and even if you aren't interested in NU basic team building can be similarly applied to pretty much every standard tier.

Anywho, onto the sets. First of all, on Zard Dragon Pulse hits nothing but Altaria and that mini Haxorus dude (forget his name) and neither of those see much usage so having Flamethrower's accuracy is generally a better option. Also I think Protect is the best option for Wartortle since it can Toxic Stall a bit and scout for moves but it isn't as big of a deal as Dragon Pulse on Charizard. Now for the rest of the team we will want something to take multiple strong Normal/ Fighting Type attacks that are so common in the tier (Wartortle can't because no recovery) as well as something to take Electric Type attacks like Metal said. At some point a Pursuit Trapper would also be nice to get rid of Ghost types so Wartortle can spin more easily. So that's basically what we're looking at right now, but I'm not gonna make a submission this early though so I can hear some of your guys' suggestions :]

Aqua ring on wartortle gives him heal. and I dunno about zard set.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

Hmm, im thinking Skuntank? That might've been a lil obvious though. GABITE might even be a neat idea since kinda bulky, sets up rocks, and rough skin stuff.

Aqua ring on wartortle gives him heal. and I dunno about zard set.

Either Specs or Scarf. Dragon Pulse doesn't have to be there to make way for better accuracy STAB since mc gave some solid reasoning! I could see why Aqua Ring would be pretty cool. -w-

Status
Not open for further replies.