• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundofMadness

Speed Kills
Yes, I'm using that Clawitzer set...it's quite nice...

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Alright guys can some of ya'll give me your thoughts on these sets?

Noivern@Life Orb
Infiltrator
Timid
252 Spe/ 252 Sp.Atk/4 sp.def
Air Slash
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Roost

Absol@Absolite
Super Luck
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 def
Sucker Punch
Super Power
Night Slash
Psycho Cut

Sylveon@leftovers
Pixilate
Calm
252 Sp.def/186 Hp/ 72 Sp.Atk
Wish
Heal Bell
Moon Blast
Psyshock

SoundofMadness

Speed Kills

Noivern@Life Orb
Infiltrator
Timid
Air Slash
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Roost
I'm running a similiar set, except I'm running Flamethrower in place of Dragon Pulse...Flamethrower being primarily to deal with all of the Aegislash...

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry

Noivern@Life Orb
Infiltrator
Timid
Air Slash
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Roost

Absol@Absolite
Super Luck
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 def
Sucker Punch
Super Power
Night Slash
Psycho Cut

Sylveon@leftovers
Cute Charm
Calm
252 Sp.def/186 Hp/ 72 Sp.Atk
Wish
Heal Bell
Moon Blast
Psyshock

Pixelate is good if you run a normal type move. Otherwise you may as well take advantage of the possible hax that cute charm can cause. Also, protect>psyshock possibly?

Who thought it was a good idea to drop Blaziken to ou?

Sticky Web=new entry hazard?

Last edited:

SoundofMadness

Speed Kills
Last edited:

MCBarrett

MCBarrett
sticky web reduces your speed by one stage upon switching in for grounded pokemon. It cost me a match when I was over 2000 cause i didn't prepare for it :/

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
I'm running a similiar set, except I'm running Flamethrower in place of Dragon Pulse...Flamethrower being primarily to deal with all of the Aegislash...

That sounds like a good idea, thanks. The Aegislash and that King's Shield are annoying me lol

Pixelate is good if you run a normal type move. Otherwise you may as well take advantage of the possible hax that cute charm can cause. Also, protect>psyshock possibly?

Who thought it was a good idea to drop Blaziken to ou?

Sticky Web=new entry hazard?

Yeah, I was planning on maybe giving it trump card or hyper beam for the heck of it, but then I changed my mind. Protect sounds good since I'm running wish, I just wanted to give it a move so it could defend itself against poison types like Gengar, just in case Absol or Gardevoir get taken out. Yeah speed boost Blaziken in OU again, wonder how this will go >.>

Sticky web sounds like a lot of Ariados and such are coming.

MCBarrett

MCBarrett
EQ doesn't get affected by King's Shield so it's a really good coverage move right now for physical attackers. I've been running EQ coverage on my Forretress as well since to make it pretty much a full stop to Aegislash.

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
EQ doesn't get affected by King's Shield so it's a really good coverage move right now for physical attackers. I've been running EQ coverage on my Forretress as well since to make it pretty much a full stop to Aegislash.

That's weird. I taught my Garchomp EQ and used it and King's shield had stopped it and the effect worked.

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter

Desert_Fox

Legendary Outlaw
Itd be interesting to see how they tier the Megas because we already know... SOME ARE BROKE AF! Assuming they ban certain mons from being able to mega I will say this...

Pre-Tiering predictions:
Blaziken will be banned again. I dont know if they will just ban Speed boost off of regular Blaziken because Blaze Blaziken isnt bad although this may not happen and Mega-Blaziken will be banned no doubt. I shouldnt have to explain why.

Mega Gengar... Lets be honest.

Talonflame will hit no lower than UU even with the SR weakness. It may be OU simply because SR is scarce right now with limited Pokemon getting it until Box and Transporter come out. Even then I see Gale Wings giving it some high usage.

Aegislash is possibly the best Steel out right now. Spinblocking as well as hitting hard with Stab and Sacred Sword along with King's Shield halts most physical Mons in their tracks.

I see Venusaur going back down as well as maybe Politoed and Ninetales simply because of the weather nerf. They latter dont merit much when out there but the former can still function decently as a bulky grass. If youve watched my Red themed team battles youd know this but it could still be a bulky tank.

ASSUMING they allow certain Megas in certain tiers Id like to believe that Mega Charixard X and Y would be at least UU depending on the power and defensive capabilities in the lower tiers. They are powerful and in X's case Fire/Dragon is only resisted by Heatran that I know of and it has decent defenses. Would take lower tiers by storm!

Clawitzer will be OU. Im calling it. 120 base Sp Atk and Shell Smash along with Mega Launcher to boost Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse and Water Pulse? Wake me up from this dream.

As far as the Starters from Kalos are concerned Id like to believe that: Delphox may... Be UU. I dont see it going any higher than that. I think Greninja would be OU with Spikes and its speed. The offensive typing is great in OU and Chesnaught maybe UU or RU. Depends on how the meta shapes up in the long run for them to find a spot.

I think Electric Pokemon and Grass Pokemon will see mad usage to avoid status.

Sylveon will be OU. Clefable will be UU I just see it going up now being Fairy with a decent Special move to bank off of and resistance to Fighting and immune to Dragons? May hit OU for a bit. Gardevoir will go up. Azumarill will be OU. Klefki will be hinging on UU and OU because its an amazing Spike setter.

Thats all for now. I got practice and if youre using Noivern and wanna use a Flying move you should more often than not run Hurricane if you dont plan on using Spikes. The power drop is to significant. Id say Hurricane, Pulse and Flamethrower with Roost. DPulse can be that fall back Stab when you dont wanna miss and Hurricane could ravage Fairies unlike Air Slash where it may 3hko at best. Im theorizing though but thats how I see it. Most Fairies have good Sp. Atk so the power increase in moves is probably needed.

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Itd be interesting to see how they tier the Megas because we already know... SOME ARE BROKE AF! Assuming they ban certain mons from being able to mega I will say this...

Pre-Tiering predictions:
Blaziken will be banned again. I dont know if they will just ban Speed boost off of regular Blaziken because Blaze Blaziken isnt bad although this may not happen and Mega-Blaziken will be banned no doubt. I shouldnt have to explain why.

Mega Gengar... Lets be honest.

Talonflame will hit no lower than UU even with the SR weakness. It may be OU simply because SR is scarce right now with limited Pokemon getting it until Box and Transporter come out. Even then I see Gale Wings giving it some high usage.

Aegislash is possibly the best Steel out right now. Spinblocking as well as hitting hard with Stab and Sacred Sword along with King's Shield halts most physical Mons in their tracks.

I see Venusaur going back down as well as maybe Politoed and Ninetales simply because of the weather nerf. They latter dont merit much when out there but the former can still function decently as a bulky grass. If youve watched my Red themed team battles youd know this but it could still be a bulky tank.

ASSUMING they allow certain Megas in certain tiers Id like to believe that Mega Charixard X and Y would be at least UU depending on the power and defensive capabilities in the lower tiers. They are powerful and in X's case Fire/Dragon is only resisted by Heatran that I know of and it has decent defenses. Would take lower tiers by storm!

Clawitzer will be OU. Im calling it. 120 base Sp Atk and Shell Smash along with Mega Launcher to boost Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse and Water Pulse? Wake me up from this dream.

As far as the Starters from Kalos are concerned Id like to believe that: Delphox may... Be UU. I dont see it going any higher than that. I think Greninja would be OU with Spikes and its speed. The offensive typing is great in OU and Chesnaught maybe UU or RU. Depends on how the meta shapes up in the long run for them to find a spot.

I think Electric Pokemon and Grass Pokemon will see mad usage to avoid status.

Sylveon will be OU. Clefable will be UU I just see it going up now being Fairy with a decent Special move to bank off of and resistance to Fighting and immune to Dragons? May hit OU for a bit. Gardevoir will go up. Azumarill will be OU. Klefki will be hinging on UU and OU because its an amazing Spike setter.

Thats all for now. I got practice and if youre using Noivern and wanna use a Flying move you should more often than not run Hurricane if you dont plan on using Spikes. The power drop is to significant. Id say Hurricane, Pulse and Flamethrower with Roost. DPulse can be that fall back Stab when you dont wanna miss and Hurricane could ravage Fairies unlike Air Slash where it may 3hko at best. Im theorizing though but thats how I see it. Most Fairies have good Sp. Atk so the power increase in moves is probably needed.

I'll most likely be playing UU the most this Gen since most Pokemon I like will probably be there lol. I see what you mean on Noivern, but that 70 accuracy scares me.

Last edited:

AnnoyingRedHead

alright, What does sticky web do?

And has anyone else noticed that moves with 100% accuracy are missing on occasion?

(edit)

Replay of what I've been messing with

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-58259051

(edit2)

And here's the replay of me missing Sableye both with Brave Bird and Night Slash
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-58257347

To my knowledge Sableye doesn't have anything that gives it evasion...

If I had to guess about the evasion I would say it was an item that I currently forget the name of as I didn't see lefties.

with the nerf of weather what do you guys have to say about carrying two weather starters such as a team with hippo and t-tar or ninetales and charizard y?

and if anyone has any good extra breeding dittos I would love some. my friend code is 1779-0137-5767 feel free to add me for safari as well :)

Last edited:

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Calm Mind Sylveon is freaking awesome! I love it

epicdrill

Other developments: Fire blast will inflict more damage than flamethrower, every other 110 power move with a 90 power counterpart will inflict less damage than the 90 power counterpart.

Last edited:

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Other developments: Fire blast will inflict more damage than flamethrower, every other 110 power move with a 90 power counterpart will inflict less damage than the 90 power counterpart.
So Ice Beam is stronger than Blizzard now and stuff?

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
So Pokebank OU appears to be Gen 6, but I've noticed the Mega Evolutions' Abilities cause problems. Anyone else having that issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.