• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
And for ubers, is Foretress, Jirachi, or Deoxys-S the best start?

I personally like Custap Berry Forretress, since it can beat Deoxys-S with Gyro Ball + Rapid Spin. Forretress gets Toxic Spikes too, which is really helpful in Ubers. Deoxys-S is probably the most reliable Stealth Rocks/Spikes setter though. Also, due to team preview, you don't need a dedicated lead for most teams since your opponent can just choose send out a Pokemon that beats your lead Pokemon. However, having a dedicated lead to lay down Spikes and Stealth is really useful on a hyper-offensive team, where using your sweepers to set-up hazards would lost momentum.

Also, how do you guys think the new Defog mechanics are going to change the metagame?

NewBarkTownLegend

FantasticFalconForce
Username: Newbark for short
Battling Rate (1-10): 6.5
PO/PS Name: idr lol
WiFi Name/FC: Nathan 34111629 7175
Referred by:

AnnoyingRedHead

I personally like Custap Berry Forretress, since it can beat Deoxys-S with Gyro Ball + Rapid Spin. Forretress gets Toxic Spikes too, which is really helpful in Ubers. Deoxys-S is probably the most reliable Stealth Rocks/Spikes setter though. Also, due to team preview, you don't need a dedicated lead for most teams since your opponent can just choose send out a Pokemon that beats your lead Pokemon. However, having a dedicated lead to lay down Spikes and Stealth is really useful on a hyper-offensive team, where using your sweepers to set-up hazards would lost momentum.

Also, how do you guys think the new Defog mechanics are going to change the metagame?

I personally think I am going to love the new defog mechanics as I can go without hazards and really prefer to avoid them from hampering me. and I imagine we will see a lot less hazards on the table now with a lot more people able to get rid of them :)

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Referred by:

A Gastrodon lover?? Awww yea -w-

Accepted.

Any questions just ask me or drago or skarm or somethin i dunno

I personally think I am going to love the new defog mechanics as I can go without hazards and really prefer to avoid them from hampering me. and I imagine we will see a lot less hazards on the table now with a lot more people able to get rid of them :)

The prime "defoggers" would be Scizor, Latias and....??

MCBarrett

MCBarrett
i think defog is really going to hurt hyper offense since it needs that hazards damage to keep stall teams at bay. On the other hand, stall really appreciates it since you can get rid of hazards until you take out the opposing hazard setter and proceed to setup your own. I don't think it will stop people from utilizing hazards though, they are just too useful. I think people are just going to try to make it more difficult for defog users to come in for free, but thats definitely going to be difficult to do.

Referred by:

Your wifi name is Nathan? Hey! Mine is too :p

NewBarkTownLegend

FantasticFalconForce
Awesome thanks for the accept
also if anyone needs a 5 iv dratini with marvel scale adamant or jolly I can breed one for you!
also anyone up for a 6th gen battle?

Awesome thanks for the accept
also if anyone needs a 5 iv dratini with marvel scale adamant or jolly I can breed one for you!
also anyone up for a 6th gen battle?
Ubers or OU?

i can do some ou or uber on ps right now.

JolteonZGreat

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
bored out of my mind was looking through serebii and came across this...
weakness policy-An item to be held by a Pokémon. Attack and Sp. Atk sharply increase if the holder is hit with a move it's weak to.
trying to think of a pokemon with agility/automitize that can take a super effective hit and sweep. preferably something nobody sees coming. was thinking something like metagross or zapdos. any suggestions?
or possibly something to receive a baton pass from ninjask or scolipede

Ummm, shedinja is obviously the best abuser ;)

i think defog is really going to hurt hyper offense since it needs that hazards damage to keep stall teams at bay. On the other hand, stall really appreciates it since you can get rid of hazards until you take out the opposing hazard setter and proceed to setup your own. I don't think it will stop people from utilizing hazards though, they are just too useful. I think people are just going to try to make it more difficult for defog users to come in for free, but thats definitely going to be difficult to do.

I personally find defog hampering especially against teams lacking a spinner.I see how it could be useful but I'm not sold on it yet. Especially after watching your match

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

Desert_Fox

Legendary Outlaw
Guys Im breeding Jolly Chamanders with DD and Outrage. The IVs Should be REALLY good seeing as both parents are from the FS and have good Ivs in attack and speed. If anyone wants one let me know. Also if anyone has an extra Charizard X or isnt using theirs please let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.