• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^ My Showdown wont load the main server

LMAO @ my two line nomination explanation compared to the huge paragraphs for Skuntank and Tangela.

But seriously we need some offensive presence that isn't named Charizard.

Also Pokemon Showdown literally won't let me nickname my Arceus-Ghost to Arceus-Poison. It just resets it every time I try.

Well you did say yourself it didnt need much explanation. :0

and aww man

Last edited:

NewBarkTownLegend

FantasticFalconForce
also sorry for inactivity due to the flu! so much breeding going on in my x right now jeez boring

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Righto thats 3 nominees. I'll write em up in detail right after im done takin care of other stuff and then i'll start up the votin process or somethin

think thats how it goes

Oh and pwner im in 6th grade!

EDIT:

NU CCAT VOTING PROCESS THINGY

I'll just be takin your dudes' stuff straight up but i'll just fix it up a bit ^^

114.png

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 8 Sp.Def
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Ice
- Giga Drain / Stun Powder/ Synthesis

So here is Offensive Tangela, I know a youtuber who has used this on more than one occassion and it has always looked like a lot of fun to me. The lack of lefties recovery is helped by regenerator while eviolite gives Tangela some great bulk, enabling it to be one of the best tanks in the tier. Sleep powder essentially equals a ko in 5th gen as long as it hits. This can help against various counters. Leaf Storm is a very hard hitting stab that works excellently with regenerator since you will be switching often. Hidden power ice gives you coverage against things like Altaria, Swellow, and opposing Tangela. The last moveslot is fairly open here, giga drain can allow Tangela to stay in on weakened foes and get some recovery going. It also enables Tangela to use a stab if it is the last mon standing on your team. Synthesis is the more defensive version of recovery for Tangela. Lastly stun spore tends to work well with sleep powder as after they fodder something to sleep you can then paralyze the incoming mon.​

440.png

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Taunt/Crunch

Skuntank is a great pokemon for our team because it helps eliminate the many psychic-type threats in the tier while still providing an offensive presence. The EVs maximize its attack and special bulk while allowing it to outspeed 24 Spe EV Misdreavus. Pursuit and Sucker Punch hit Jynx, Exegguttor, Musharna, and Misdreavus for a lot of damage. In addition, Sucker Punch gives our team a form of strong priority, which helps against weakened sweepers. Poison Jab is for a secondary STAB move. Taunt helps against slow support Pokemon that might try to Will-o-wisp/Thunder wave while Crunch gives Skuntank a more reliable dark-type move. Lum Berry allows Skuntank to switch into a Will-o-wisp from Misdreavus and heavily damage it with Pursuit/Crunch. Finally, Skuntank can absorb Toxic Spikes and its ability, Aftermath, gives us an emergency check to weakened physical sweepers.
641.png

Fraxure @ Lum Berry/Eviolite
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Sword's Dance
-Superpower
-Dragon Claw / Outrage

I think we've all used Double Dancer Haxorus in 5th Gen OU, so I hardly need to explain this set really. The only difference is that Fraxure doesn't get Earthquake, so he's got to use Superpower to hit them Steels, but fortunately Steels aren't very common in NU anyways.

All pretty reasonable nominees and each does their own thing. Tangela to help bolster our defensive backbone and provide a F/W/G core and status alongside great hit and run offensiveness, Skuntank to rid ourselves of savvy spinblockers that just might stop our Wartortle from getting its spin off and helping out Charizard, the key member, and is also providing us with priority STAB or Fraxure to finally give us a nice set up sweeper and help the team out along the way by destroying everything with its Outrageous STAB, power, and speed. Not to mention kinda bulky if we're down for Eviolite. -w-

Team so far = http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...s-Alliance&p=16627765&highlight=#post16627765

SO YEAH, GO AHEAD AND VOTE FOR ONE.

GOTTA VOTE BE VIA PM SOOOOOOOO YEA

Not to be anal or anything, but I'm pretty sure its stun spore not powder :D
And all three of those look like they're good for the team though I'm no NU expert, so I'll pass on voting

Matoro

Toa of Ice
Yo, sorry for inactivity, getting more involved in mainstream PC games. Here's a couple I use:

Esoognaz (Zangoose) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance

Edepilocs (Scolipede) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 56 Def / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail

Zangoose is team MVP, always scores at least one KO. If he gets up he sweeps till that toxic orb timer runs out.

Toxic spikes I find to be much more valuable in NU, so they're always a priority even over scoring a KO on Scolipede.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
She's kidding.

uhmmm no im not lol

Not to be anal or anything, but I'm pretty sure its stun spore not powder :D
And all three of those look like they're good for the team though I'm no NU expert, so I'll pass on voting

Pffft didnt even notice that but I just copy and pasted from the person who wrote it. <<

Yo, sorry for inactivity, getting more involved in mainstream PC games. Here's a couple I use:

Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance

Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail

Zangoose is team MVP, always scores at least one KO. If he gets up he sweeps till that toxic orb timer runs out.

Toxic spikes I find to be much more valuable in NU, so they're always a priority even over scoring a KO on Scolipede.

W-were at the voting process

epicdrill

Some people are idiots. I just got a Huge Power Adamant Japanese Marill in Wonder Trade for a Furfou. Now to go back to spamming trade pickup Bunnelby.

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Some people are idiots. I just got a Huge Power Adamant Japanese Marill in Wonder Trade for a Furfou. Now to go back to spamming trade pickup Bunnelby.

I actually do that lol. When I'm breeding and I have a bunch of Pokemon I just wonder trade them. I did that with my DW Chespins and some Eevees.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance

Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail

Problem is we've done Zangoose before (you guys remember that? What happened to that team?).

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-61665758 <---- Not sure what to make of this. The guy starts out by giving the battle room link out in the lobby telling people to come watch him, then starts raging because I carry Taunt, then ends by complimenting me.

That missclick on Xerneas though. And the Arceus-Poison thing worked, he tried Extremespeeding me. +2 Shadow Claw wouldn't have OHKO'd anyways. Also I missplayed with Palkia, expecting a Kyurem-B switch-in but it didn't matter in the end.

Last edited:
I got a freaking Perfect bagon on wonder trade!!
31/31/31/31/0/31

I traded a ditto for a mewtwo on wonder trade
oh my god

SoundofMadness

Speed Kills
Did some testing with Mega-Kanga...all damaging moves now hit twice, including Special Attacks (not that anyone would use it, but it's still nice to know)

matgonor

Too cool for SSB4
I actually do that lol. When I'm breeding and I have a bunch of Pokemon I just wonder trade them. I did that with my DW Chespins and some Eevees.
Could i get a DW chespin?

Also, i was thinking of taking out lucario of my team.dunno, just cant find any good chances to setup swords dance.any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.