• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
That Skuntank looks pretty interesting, especially since can lure and heavily damage Pokemon like Regirock and Alomamola, that would greatly help Charizard sweeping the opposing team with a powerful Fire Blast.

EDIT: We could also consider an Articuno with a HP Grass as a lure that would help remove Charizard's counters. Articuno's STAB combination beckons rock and water-type Pokemon to switch in, expecting a Hurricane/Ice Beam, but instead mowed down with a HP [Grass]. In addition, Articuno has higher special attack, higher speed, better bulk, and access to Roost for recovery. The downside however, is its bad typing which gives it a huge Stealth Rock weakness (Wartortle should help with this though). Another problem is that Articuno lacks recover, and doesn't a have a dark-type STAB to hit psychic/ghost-types with.

Articuno @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Roost

The EVs can be changed to give Articuno some bulk if necessary.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Hm. I can see the merits of using skunt and and tangela. Sure skuntank is more powerful but tangela has a sleep inducing move and higher defense compared to skuntanks decent bulk and utility. However its typing leads me to like the pure grass type. Though it doesn't get dual stab.

On another note. I wrecked another team with a sub swords dancing liechi berry talonflame.8 6-0's with it since yesterday. Lol

I'm TALON you, that birds a real threat!!

Eh?

eh

That Skuntank looks pretty interesting, especially since can lure and heavily damage Pokemon like Regirock and Alomamola, that would greatly help Charizard sweeping the opposing team with a powerful Fire Blast.

EDIT: We could also consider an Articuno with a HP Grass as a lure that would help remove Charizard's counters. Articuno's STAB combination beckons rock and water-type Pokemon to switch in, expecting a Hurricane/Ice Beam, but instead mowed down with a HP [Grass]. In addition, Articuno has higher special attack, higher speed, better bulk, and access to Roost for recovery. The downside however, is its bad typing which gives it a huge Stealth Rock weakness (Wartortle should help with this though). Another problem is that Articuno lacks recover, and doesn't a have a dark-type STAB to hit psychic/ghost-types with.

Articuno @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Roost

The EVs can be changed to give Articuno some bulk if necessary.

Like it, but right now were decidin on a Skuntank set. I also think this one works better with the Standard Skuntank as two x4 rock weaknesses requires us something can consistently take out Spinblock taunters and 3 Dark STAB Skuntank w/Lum Berry could do that best. Misdreavus is just such a pain. I hope it's not common that mixed set looks neato but its not as reliable a ghost trapper. ;m;

I challenge everyone in the clan to make an inverse battle team on PS.

whaa thats a thing?

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Tournament

Pokebank ubers won the vote, I'll make the thread this weeked.

War?

Was just wondering if anyone wanted to war sometime in the near future and who (that isn't in the war team) would like to participate in the war.

Movie Night

Will be on 11-20-13 at 9 pm GMT -4 (aka 6 days after this post at this time) on the AA XAT (link is in my sig)

Misc.

It was brought to my attention that some people thought I was being serious about McBarrett replacing me, that was a joke guys. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon

Also, what is the inverse battle thingy?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
whaa thats a thing?

Yup, all weaknesses are instead resistances and all resistances and immunities are instead weaknesses. Like for instance a Rock Pokemon would resist Water, Grass, Fighting, Steel, and Ground, but would take super-effective damage from Normal, Poison, Fire, and Flying.

Basically it makes Normal types gods and Steel types crap.

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
Nice Dragonic. In inverse battles, would stealth rock damage also be inverted? If so, Yanmega would make a huge comeback :)

mudkips

Awwwww Yeah!
Username: Masterbob55 (mudkips)
Opponent's Username: Epicdrill
W/L/T: W 1-0
Notes: GG it was close

epicdrill

Opponent: SoundOfMadness
Username: epicdrill
W/L/T: W 1-0
Notes: gg. It was close.
whatihadleft_zpsc146ca72.jpg~original

EDIT: Damn, I forgot the health bar in the screenshot. Noivern was at 3%.

EDIT: Less than 1 hour later, one of the pokemon I used goes uber.

Last edited:
Sonic: indeed. Sometimes it is a pain to use but it has its moments. I think it will be UU passable OU. A base 110 priority is nothing to laugh at.

Clawz: Charizard and articuno on the same team doesn't sound like such a good idea unless the team is packing a solid spinner... Or two. I think this team would appreciate stealth rocks support as well as the synergy seismitoad brings. Toads one weakness is covered by both pokes and inversely it eats fire type attacks for tangela and both electric and water for charizard and has a favorable match up against rock types.

Seismitoad /water absorb/ leftovers
Modest 232 hp /252 sp. attack/ 24 speed

Stealth rock
Scald
Earth power
Sludge wave/grass knot (i prefer sludge waves reliable power)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Sonic: indeed. Sometimes it is a pain to use but it has its moments. I think it will be UU passable OU. A base 110 priority is nothing to laugh at.

Clawz: Charizard and articuno on the same team doesn't sound like such a good idea unless the team is packing a solid spinner... Or two. I think this team would appreciate stealth rocks support as well as the synergy seismitoad brings. Toads one weakness is covered by both pokes and inversely it eats fire type attacks for tangela and both electric and water for charizard and has a favorable match up against rock types.

Seismitoad /water absorb/ leftovers
Modest 232 hp /252 sp. attack/ 24 speed

Stealth rock
Scald
Earth power
Sludge wave/grass knot (i prefer sludge waves reliable power)

We already have Stealth Rock on Golurk (I think).

epicdrill

Deoxys-N and A.

Deo-A was already uber. Blaziken and Deo-N were the two that went uber. Not surprised at all. Deo-N has ridiculous power and speed combined with a +2 priority. I was using Deo-N, but I played it very poorly, so all it did was kill Talonflame. I E-Speed Talonflame, I may be able to deal some damage to the rest of your team with it. But I hit Psycho Boost for some reason.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Apparently, showdown won't let us get replays...
I had a good one too :c

And why do I always have to get on the xat when everyone's gone? >.-

epicdrill

How should I respond to someone on another forum who posted this: "I never said I trained it just in attack. Herp a derp. It actually helps a bit, but only a bit. Why do you have to keep insisting I'm an idiot?" BTW, "it" refers to Braixen.

I never said they trained it in just attack. If anyone wants to respond themselves, I can PM you a link.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
How should I respond to someone on another forum who posted this: "I never said I trained it just in attack. Herp a derp. It actually helps a bit, but only a bit. Why do you have to keep insisting I'm an idiot?" BTW, "it" refers to Braixen.

I never said they trained it in just attack. If anyone wants to respond themselves, I can PM you a link.

Smogon by any chance?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Heads up dudes, I wont be here tomorrow, but I wasnt here much today, but at least im telling you, but we still gotta hold the votin thingy so yeeee

Soon as I get back i'll prolly start workin on it so sit tight till then, yeah? -w-

epicdrill

Smogon by any chance?

No, a thread about pokemon in the off-topic section of a Minecraft forum. And another thing-I never outright called that derp an idiot (even though she is an idiot). Like I said, she was like, "I never said I was training it only in Attack." AFTER I had made comments showing that I knew that IN THE VERY SAME POST SHE WAS REPLYING TO. She was training Braixen in everything. I could have chosen to bash training it in Defense, and I acknowledged the wisdom of training it in Speed and Special Attack. Training it in Special Defense isn't the smartest of ideas, although it doesn't deserve bashing as much as training it in ATTACK or Defense. HP also strikes me as a 3rd priority, but seriously? Training something that has no physical coverage and a much higher Special Attack in ATTACK just strikes me as plain stupid.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
No, a thread about pokemon in the off-topic section of a Minecraft forum. And another thing-I never outright called that derp an idiot (even though she is an idiot). Like I said, she was like, "I never said I was training it only in Attack." AFTER I had made comments showing that I knew that IN THE VERY SAME POST SHE WAS REPLYING TO. She was training Braixen in everything. I could have chosen to bash training it in Defense, and I acknowledged the wisdom of training it in Speed and Special Attack. Training it in Special Defense isn't the smartest of ideas, although it doesn't deserve bashing as much as training it in ATTACK or Defense. HP also strikes me as a 3rd priority, but seriously? Training something that has no physical coverage and a much higher Special Attack in ATTACK just strikes me as plain stupid.

Sometimes you just gotta not let things bother you man.
I mean, this girl just killed all my family but I didn't let that bother me...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.