• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassins :: Begins

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
[OOC - Once again I apologize for starting this RPG so late, but certain school-related complications came up and I really wanted to make sure that I had everything ready before beginning. With that said, please have fun. EDIT: Started a Discussion Thread.]

CODENAME Delphos - Aaron Mycenia [Yorei]
M/15
ABILITY Control over flowing liquids.
CURRENT ASSIGNMENT: Assassination of Yazir Midan.

CODENAME Inri - Natsume Tenka [Polyphonica Trance]
M/16
ABILITY Walking on liquid substances.

CODENAME Abraxas - Yäcob Jonas [Prime Mover]
M/19
ABILITY Enhanced senses--especially vision--and agility.

CODENAME Fa´atiu - Haizea Aintza [Bandana]
F/15
ABILITY Telekinetic knockback.

CODENAME Bi Fang - Ketten Keisathlen [Lemurian]
M/17
ABILITY Immunity to extreme temperatures.

CODENAME Faustus - Renier janse van Rensburg [Deathspector]
M/16
ABILITY Flawless planning and strategizing.

CODENAME Metzli - Chi Long [Kev Chi]
M/19
ABILITY Night vision.

CODENAME Samael - "демон ангел" ("Demon Angel"--actual name unknown) [Masa Mune]
M/18
ABILITY Displacement of conscience to possess another´s body.

CODENAME Indra - Ryan Murtagh [Saffire Persian]
F/18
ABILITY Channeling of electricity through body.

CODENAME Sublimate - "Leo" (Real name forgotten) [MerkelHog]
M/19
ABILITY Transform objects into viscous liquid which melts easily.

CODENAME Acheron - Gemma "Shadow" Acciai [JohtoBlaziken]
F/19
ABILITY Dissolving into gas within shadows, manipulation of shadows.

CODENAME Morphine - Alex Vickers [squirtleking]
M/17
ABILITY Quick healing of surface to intermediate wounds.

A S S A S S I N S
Chapter 1 - Angelus, Where we are Born from Blood

WARNING: This post contains:
- Sexual reference

The blaring phone rang once again. A violent hand jerked and picked it up mechanically, reluctant but accustomed to the movement.

It was a man in his early twenties, multiple scars and considerably messy hair occulting an otherwise handsome appearance. Gesticulating to someone else within the dark chamber, he raised the phone to his ear, and greeted the prescence on the other end of the line with an extremely soft voice--fake, but soft.

"Yes?"

The informal conversation continued only for a few minutes. Yes and No were its primary components, as the man slowly nodded to himself. A grim grin crept up pale lips, as he was apparently hearing just what he wanted to hear.

"Yes, sir. Indeed, this turn of events has greatly aided the goal of our main mission. You have the utmost quality of this organization in your hands. On my word, I will not fail you. Yes..."

He hung up.

A new pair of eyes, bright blue and strangely energic, peered out of the shadows.

"I never knew you were so sweet-talking with government officials. I mean true, you are a total kiss-up, but..."

Instantly the amiable game of pretend shattered and faded away from the man´s cold, hard face. "Masque, would you keep your useless mouth shut for a few minutes? After all, I just received substantial news regarding your assignment."

Masque´s eyebrow rose--not to the notion of news, but to the notion of the man calling her by her codename. Whenever he quit the normal talk like that, he either didn´t want higher officials to see him fooling around, or he was simply very serious.

"Go on." She muttered, twirling a blonde lock around her finger.

"This Yazir Midan that you´re chasing...he had a heart attack last night. In a hospital now, and won´t be getting out of it for a good while. Considering that you´re going to be the one leading the pack of rookies through this one, things bode well. Getting into the clinic should be much less of a challenge that getting into his extremely well-guarded apartment."

Now the woman seemed to have taken some interest in the matter. She walked forward, a faint ray of light unveiling her porcelain skin and delicate features.

"I´d say it´s a bit too convenient. I´m guessing a pill in the glass of water."

"Why, of course that the heart attack wasn´t pure luck." The man´s dark smile returned to his mouth. "If we left things to chance and didn´t have corrupt governments to fall back on, where would we be?"

"Well I know I´d be somewhere in southern France, preferably a couple meters away from the sea." She leaned against the table. Exhausted.

Hands began to trace the paths of her navel.

Uninterested, she looked away, but did nothing to impede progress. "So, is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

He grinned even wider, his face inches away from Masque´s.

"Cliché, but adorable."

And with that he began to peel her uniform from snowy skin, ready to do whatever he pleased with her. Like he always did with her, whenever he pleased.

***​

At six in the morning, children or teenagers aren´t exactly in their finest hour, and thus one cannot expect many of them to already be up--especially on a no-school Saturday morning. The only sound interrupting the suffocating silence of Floor 14´s main room was a plank hitting a cat in the face.

Children of all ages preteen had huddled on the large, comfy sofa, still in their pajamas, to watch Jerry close an ironing board on Tom´s nose, among other things that looked excrutiatingly painful if taken to real life scenarios. They gasped and giggled en masse. One of the boys has his arm covered in a cast. Dyed red.

On that dull morning, Aaron was preparing for what should technically be the most important day of his life. Balancing uncomfortably on the edge of a cold chair the gears of his mind turned impatiently, anxiously, panic seeping into him with every passing second. Today one of the Lupus Invicti´s teachers should walk right down that aisle--he traced the predetermined path with shifty eyes--, come to him--he could already imagine the looming figure giving out the order--, and take him to a series of final missions, their precise content always a secret. And once he concluded that, his education as a trainee would be over as well. He would come to the Crystal Blood. He would be an Assassin.

Of course that Aaron was absolutely certain that these ´tests´ were all written exams. "If the person is in the position demonstrated above, what is the correct point to puncture with a piercing weapon in order to penetrate the heart? Please answer in detail." "Given the following conditions, what plan of action should be formulated? Divide the team members and explain the plan in steps." "What are Newton´s laws of gravity?"

In preparation of this he had stayed up virtually all night reviewing everything important that he could remember studying--from Galileo to dismemberment. Fortunately his roommate Hans had managed to keep him awake by not sleeping himself, and instead was entertained by an evening of American Idol reruns--his guiltiest pleasure. After all, who can maintain a straight face while stating that the superhumanly powerful Hans, pride of Floor 14, has the McPhever?

"Delphos."

And besides what is so good about her anyway? Aaron had seem some episodes himself, and...

"Delphos."

With a full body shake the fifteen-year-old snapped out of trance. The teacher had come. The strange, strict-looking, looming, dark, grey, undeniably cruel teacher had come down the aisle he had visualized, looked down on him like he had imagined, and he had been zoning out on an American reality show.

Anxiety took over.

"Yes!!" The boy rose to his feet as if they had been attached to springs, his head almost delivering an uppercut to the official´s jaw. Him, a tall but bony man with an overall aura that transmitted unfriendlyness, backed out as a reflex, but quickly regained composure.

"...Please. Follow me."

As he parted into the shadowy corridors, Aaron mentally beat himself up, putting all torture knowledge acquired from Tom & Jerry into good practice.

***​

It only took a few minutes for the duo to reach its destination--the lights were clicked on and a massive, chrome-colored room, seemingly infine due to its color, surrounded Aaron like a colossal maw, waiting to swallow him if he were to fail. Which was another point of importance. No desks. No chairs. No sheets of paper. No questions about eviscerating foes. Not a written exam.

"..." Delphos cursed under his breath.

The soft humming of the chamber was interrupted by the clicking of the professor´s shoes against the hard floor. He walked towards a metallic door, turning to the teen as he opened it.

"The others will be here soon, and the test will begin. Good luck."

With that he closed the door behind him, and Aaron was left there, in the awaiting maw.

[OOC: Now´s your time to post your character getting to this same room. This can describe his/her traverse from the hallways to the room, or describe some of the things he/she had been doing before that morning as well. In either case this is your first post, so you should have more than a little to say.]

Last edited:

Deathspector

<-- Blastoise O.o
OOC: Yay! It's started. Now, to strap on my Role Playing Boots, and start Role Playing.

IC:

Crystal Blood...

The morning was new, and the sun had barely crossed the bridge into wakefulness itself. Outside, frost covered all living beings that had been foolish enough to step out during the incredible cold night. The trees were coated with a layer of hard ice, as was the grass below. Arctic foxes, and Snowy owls were scavenging the grounds, in search of small rodents that would be peering out of burrows in the ground. The Lupus Invicti building was also covered in frost, but fortunately, the heating had been switched on the previous day, and it was nice and warm. A perfect day to snuggle up in your bed, and enjoy the sensation of being warm, while looking our at the desolate landscape. Normal people, from five years of age, to eighty, would enjoy something like that immensely.

But Renier was not normal.

He sat at the edge of his bunk bed, that he shared with a small kid, too stupid to even be alive. His raven-coloured hair rested gently on his shoulder, as he stared at nothingness, his mind a buzz of activity. Today was the day. Today was the day that Crystal Blood would be his. He had waited a long time for this day, counting off the days on a small chart under his pillow. He had put up with the disgraceful physical activity that he was forced to endure in order to get to this day. His body quivered in excitement, as he speculated what Crystal Blood would give him. But he was unhappy. He did not know much about Crystal Blood; for not knowing could often lead to one's downfall. He had read that somewhere in a psychiatrist's magazine.

Sighing, he rose from his bed, and cast a withering look at his room-mate. He often did that to enjoy the feeling of being the superior person in the room. He walked to the teak door, swinging it open, and waking down the long corridor, to the stairs that would lead him to the Common Room. He had already gotten himself dressed, even before the sun was up. His dark-blue shirt had been buttoned up right to the top, and his vest buttoned to the top as well. He tucked in his shirt, as Lupus Invicti despised people who kept shirts out of their trousers. Tee-shirts were okay, but not proper shirts. His flexible boots made no sound on the carpeted floor, as he turned, and walked down three flights of steps, before finally entering the Common Room.

* * *​

He sat in the far corner of the room, looking at the young children squeal with delight and anxiety as Tom chased Jerry around in circles, only to get hit by a large plank, which had seemingly popped out of nowhere. Renier hated such shows that didn't make any sense at all. How can a mouse run on two legs, and have the strength to lift large objects. And how can the cat go on two legs as well, and recover from blows which would have killed people, but turn him into a cat-table. Didn't the creators of the show know that cats are much more flexible than that? And that they can anticipate blows, and be able to dodge them. And since when was a mouse smarter than a cat.

"Faustus?"

The call startled Renier as he had just settled down into a comfortable red couch. He jumped up to see who had called him. It was one of the many teachers. Renier's heart jolted. He had not expected to be called so soon. In his mind, he ran over as much as his mind could fit (which was quit a lot, considering the expanse of his intelligence), and walked over to the teacher. He knew this one personally. He was the person who taught Physics to the older students, like Renier. Renier nodded apologetically for not responding immediately.

"Yes, sir?"

The teacher stared down with hard-cold eyes, glaring at Renier. Renier looked back, knowing the last thing he should do was turn away. Both sets of blue eyes met, and the teacher nodded. "Follow me, and don't make any noise."

Renier nodded, already anticipating the injection of Crystal Blood, however it was done. But there were tests to complete before this...

* * *​

The passage was dark, and Renier closed his eyes to speed up the process, but somehow, it didn't work. No doubt Lupus Invicti had thought of that. Mentally berating himself, he was led into room after room, until finally, a light was switched on. He blinked several times, trying his best not to show the pain he felt in his retinas from the sudden blare of the lights.

"Stay here, the others shall come soon."

Renier nodded, noticing another person in the room. But he followed his normal custom, giving the person a scornful look, before turning away, completely...

Lemurian

Lady Myuu's Opposite
Ketten yawned. It was snow today. He smiled, as the memory of the endless snowy plains of northern Finland drifted through his mind. He heaved himself up and strecthed. He had been sleeping on top of the covers as usual, as it was already more than hot enough with the heating on. Actually, the window had been open as well so it was rather chilly, for a normal person. But Ketten never claimed the title of "normal". He reached out for the package of lenses and put on a pair, coloured crimson red. Then he pulled on his usual thin clothes, which he actually more wore for dignity than heating and stumbled out the door. Something kicked his mind for attention. "What was it with today..." he wondered aloud and then smiled when he remembered. The Crystal Blood.

Later, Ketten was lazing about in the couch together with the others. As usual, he looked like he was sleeping while looking at the TV. Of course, the incoming teacher was used to it and simply called his codename. "Bi Fang." And he was not suprised either when Ketten in a split second went from asleep in 120 degrees to standing up straight. "Yes, sir." Ketten reported and bowed. "Follow me," he ordered and then added, actually uneccesary, "don't make any noise."

Soon Ketten stood in the waiting room with the two others. They looked pretty determined. Ketten pretended to stifle a yawn and looked lazily around him, eyes half-asleep but still absorbing every little detail. So, this was it, he mused for himself. Soon he was a real Assassin.

Kev Chi

Guardian
"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" as the sound of the alarm clock rang through the room.

Chi moaned and rolled back over to his other side, trying to ignore the annonying beep of the alarm clock, but it was all in vain, as for the clock wouldn't shut off on it own till someone shut it off. Chi did just that. He rolled back onto his right side, made a fist, and smacked the top of the clock. With the force that he applyed to it, he doubted it would beep anymore, ever.

Opening his eyes and slowly sitting up, he checked to see his clock's time of death. 6:05 am. Not his favorite time of the morning to wake up, but I guess it kind comes with the "job" he has.

"I guess I better get dressed...No telling what those teachers will do to me if I don't get up soon."

With that, he got himself dressed in something warm. While getting up, he noticed the snow outside. He wondered why he came to such a place where it snowed all the time. He walked outside of his room, looked around the hallways, and headed toward the Commons Room.

Upon arriving in the room, Chi noticed the TV on, and kids younger then him sitting around it, laughing. He came more into the room to see what was on. Tom & Jerry. Chi always enjoyed watching them. Smiling, he watched as Tom's attenics always seem to fail him. He kinda wished one time Tom would get the win. Then again, the show would end if Jerry was eaten.

"Metzli..."

Chi turned to see a quite grim looking male standing next to him. Only the Grim Reaper had a scarier face then him.

"Come with me. Keep quiet or I will do it for you..."

Walking through hallways as nurmous as all get out, they finally arrived at a door that looked...speical. The teacher punched in a code, and the door slid open. While walking in, Chi noticed three others waiting in front of...something.

squirtleking

Defender of Justice
Morphine

Alex leant silently against the wall with his eyes closed, trying to tune out the laughter of the younger trainees as he casually span a gleaming throwing knife, the blade barely longer than his hand, in his palm. The blade shone as it reflected in the sunlight as he put it through its paces, bringing it from throwing to stabbing position in his hand, then back to throwing and finally holster, before beginning again.

No-one had officially told him, but the excitement amongst the others - not to mention their rather un-sly withdrawls from the room - told him everything. Today was the day some of the older students would be exposed to the Crystal Blood - and he had better be one of them.

"Morphine."

His eyes snapping open instantaneously, he span the knife into stabbing position, but the man before him had already siezed his wrist.

"Not bad, Morphine, but you still have a lot to learn," the man chuckled, turning away, "Follow me, please."

As he followed the teacher through the compound, into an area he had never seen before, Alex could not help but smile at the sound of his codename, Morphine. He liked the fact that his targets were like some kind of disease - a disease to which he was the cure.

Finally, the teacher admitted him to a room, which already contained several others. Leaning back against the wall and unsheathing his knife, Alex began to spin the blade once again.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
*slams the commando boots on the ground* Let's get this started.

He didn't feel very awake at all today. After all, the atmosphere appeared to be lazy. Despite not feeling very awake and not feeling in the mood at all to do anything, he was up and about. Well, not necessarily about, for he remained stationary in his bed. His single bed. It was secluded from all the other beds, which happened to be bunk beds. It was also quite special to note that his bed was closest to the television. His covers were still on him, though they appeared to be slightly drenched in sweat. He had a bad dream the last night. Quite similar to a nightmare that it made him shoot up in the middle of the night and made one of his roommates question the sudden jerk and heavy breathing. Natsume was musing about the moments he'd feel when he'd first be exposed to what they called, Crystal Blood. It was what his roommates called "the conversational rage of the moments." In fact, this wasn't an exaggeration. His roommates were constantly talking about it. So much that it disturbed those who weren't interested in the sense that they were too busy glaring at the TV screen at those occasional reruns of Tom and Jerry, and perhaps sometimes sneak a giggle at Tom getting poked to death in a cartoon rendition of Hell. He didn't really get a good night's sleep at all, what with the late shows. No one ever really watched the shows that he did. But they seemed to respect him for pulling all-nighters more frequently than any of the others. As a result, he looked rather drowsy and was bleary-eyed.

He wiped his eye-wax smeared eyes clean. He checked the wall clock on the opposite side of the room. It read in red, digital text; 06:07. Six in the morning was quite a peculiar time to be up, but then again, with work, comes awry and crazy worktimes. But then again, he suddenly remembered the purpose of him pulling an all-nighter. Not to watch the late-night and early-morning shows, but to prepare psychologically for something he was waiting for. Exposure to the Crystal Blood. He somehow knew he was in for it. A gut feeling told him with quite a shock. He found it quite annoying. He got up and found a new set of clothings to wear. When he was finished, there was someone rapping at the door. The person walked in.

"...Inri."

The roommates who were awake seemed to be puzzled. Natsume responded quite affirmatively. It shocked him as to how he managed to speak with a tone of awakeness yet was insanely sleepy. "Yes, sir. Present, sir." he said. Those others just stared. And stared even more. It was kinda scary how they glared. Like a bunch of stalkers or something. The supervisor had a hard, rigid expression on his face. It baffled Natsume how he could keep such a straight face so easily. Bad history, he guessed. This supervisor, with a creepy look, and with an insanely strong physique, would be bad to piss off. He gestured for Natsume to follow him.

"I'd like you to keep quiet, and to follow me."

Natsume gave the affirmative as he went with the supervisor to wherever he was going. The others just sat there in shock as he left. The hallways were bare. Though hardly surprising. It wasn't a matter of time before the supervisor took Natsume to where he needed to be. The door in question... was relatively different from the others. The supervisor had the door opened and asked him to go in. The lights were inanely bright that it began to give Natsume a headache. "You are to stay here. There are others who will be arriving soon." the supervisor said. Natsume nodded affirmatively and walked in, and noticed that several others were there already. He continued inwards to find a spot to lean on. He leaned on the wall to the back.

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
All was quiet save for the relentless tapping of a pen against paper, with little but a single desk lamp shedding any light in the room – other than the natural light drifting in from the slightly cracked window shades. By all intents and purposes it was early – roughly around 6 o’ clock in the morning; a time when most people were content with sleeping in their beds underneath warm covers and dreaming silly dreams. For Ryan Murtagh, it wasn’t early. She had always been an early riser, even though she was a bit of a late sleeper. It didn’t seem to affect the keenness of her mind though. She had eighteen long and arduous years to grow accustomed to her manner of rest.

She used those times – both the late and early hours – as time for herself. Nothing superficial like most girls of her age would rather spend. Doing make-up and whatnot no doubt, or calling their sleepy boyfriends on their pink cell phones. Right now, she was trying – and failing – to write.

To the right of her, her sole roommate was snoozing sleepily in her bed, raven black hair cascading down her shoulders. The girl – Raven – was a sound sleeper, and, to Ryan’s relief, a quiet one. It meant that she wouldn’t be disturbed by snoring or sleeptalking, and if there was anything Ryan was grateful for, it was that.

Ryan continued to tap her pen against the white paper, wondering what to write, what to say. What could she say? She was severely limited in what information she could divulge. Not that Ryan wanted to, as the truth of what she was truly up to would be, to many, hard to bear. What am I doing here? Learning the many abilities and methods to take down and kill the target, and leave as little evidence as possible. . At least… that would lead to an interesting leader heading. But Ryan would have none of that…

So, by all intents and purposes, she was having one heck of a time trying to write a stupid letter, to her brother no less. He was the only person she would ever bother to write to. He had written her many times, the letters totally innocent in nature and asking those generic questions that are bound to pop up in any letter.

How are you? What are you doing? Are you going to be coming back any time soon?

Ryan supposed she could annoy him with answering his questions in a quick, to the point fashion as she had been taught to do here. Of course, even an idiot could get to the point of this questions.

Fine. Learning. No.

Oh, he would be ticked off at her at that response. Well, not for long as he’d no doubt be glad to hear from her, but he expected to get some bone in the letter, expecting them to be on par to his five pagers.

Ryan grimaced, and began to write. Some money lay on the table beside her. She would send some of it in the letter to him, so he’d have some spending money himself. Her parents would gobble up the rest like greedy pigeons.

With hesitance, she began to write, pen scratching away against paper.

Today was a Saturday. No school, so that meant yet another boring day with little to do. Perhaps she would go to the gym, or swim perhaps. Maybe even go to the library if she was really bored, and pick up a book that could satisfy her for a few hours at least.

There was a knock on the door. Ryan’s eyebrows rose. Already fully dressed in her usual uniform, she answered it. Her roommate continued to sleep on.

It was a woman, one of the superiors that she saw now and again. Couldn’t recall her codename, but it didn’t matter.

“Yes.” It was all that Ryan bothered to say.

“Ah, you’re awake. Good,” the blonde woman said, pursing her red lips. “Saves me the trouble from having to wake you. You’re to come with me, Indra.”

Indra nodded, taking only a few seconds time to hide away her letter where no one would find it. It took only seconds, and Ryan strode out of the room, just inches behind the female instructor. She didn’t ask what they were doing, she only followed obediently, like a dog, though she was anything but that. Ryan was thinking, more like, wondering if the time had come for her to finally take on a mission.

They passed through numerous hallways, even passing through the common room, TV blaring. They stopped at a large, metal door, going through it as it opened seconds later. It was a large, chrome colored room, with enough space to fit many, many students in at one time. For now though, there were only a few.

“You’ll wait here for the other students,” the older woman said. “You’ll then receive your instructions.”

The woman then left as quickly as she had arrived, leaving Indra to rest against the chrome colored walls, surveying the other students around her age with intent green eyes. She recognized some of them, even so far as to remember their code names. A unique bunch, certainly. Ryan Murtagh could only wonder what Invicti had in store for them.

Last edited:

Masa Mune

Thunder Trainer
OOC: Underway at last… and a character that’s incredibly hard to write for… you’ve no idea how I’ve been looking forward to this.

IC: Демон sat on his bed, staring at the door. There was no company to entertain him, no television or radio to distract him; there never was any of that, it was just him… a soon to be assassin. If this young man could feel, or even comprehend what it meant to be nervous, this would be as close as he ever came to it in his current condition, a simple thought on if he could serve his masters as they expected. While so many would simply scoff at this line of thinking, this was демон’s only reason for being. To fulfill in any way possible the desires of those he answered to… to the Lupus Invicti.

He stood from his bed and left his sterile environment, his white, barebones room; and made his way down the hall; a different hall than most of the others. He was too old to be with the children in section fourteen, though to be honest, he hadn’t been there since he was fifteen and it was found that various stimulus triggered violent episodes in him. Демон never recalled it, but he accepted what he was told as law, and allowed himself to be segregated from the majority of the compound save for gatherings and “school” (not that he would have complained even if they did it with no reason). Of course this in turn kept him in the program a little longer than normal while he was observed to what might set him off. In fact, only three months ago had he finally been approved to undergo the “final test” for fieldwork; the news of that had made him “happy” as he realized he was now considered an acceptable risk to assignments… and if all else failed, he would always be able to die for the organization.

Finally демон had made his way across the sections, and was in the social area of section fourteen. Sitting on a free spot of the couch, he watched the cartoon that was on, though not truly taking it in. Only a couple of the children noticing him and shying away from his soulless, unnerving presence, one taking his friend by a sleeve and motioning his head out of the room; however, beyond this, not one acknowledged him, or even knew he was there, until an instructor came in, and noticed демон and then what was on the set. Calmly he walked over and turned it off, as Jerry was about to set fire to Tom, and it wasn’t cared to be found out if Tom was human enough in nature to provoke a response in the otherwise golem boy.

Voices filled with disdain and discord rang through the room, but were silenced by the instructor’s icy glare. With the children’s uprising suppressed, he walked over to the only other adult in the room, “You know you are supposed to keep such stimulus as this to a minimum демон.”

His empty eyes moving to the gaze of the authority figure, демон simply offered an apology, “I am sorry… it did not even occur to me, I shall not make this mistake again instructor sir. For the honor of Lupus Invicti.”

The words grated like nails on a chalkboard… dealing with immature children was certainly far better than dealing with a mindless drone. Following orders was great, he wished everyone followed orders as well as демон, but демон seemed to lack the ability to reason for himself… would he really make a fitting assassin? Well it didn’t matter now, the call on the matter had long since been made.

Motioning for демон to stand and follow him, he led him down a long corridor, much of it was actually the same way he came down to get to section fourteen; but about three-quarters of the way down a turn was made down a poorly lit corridor. It seemed straight enough, but he couldn’t be sure… for some reason демон was finding this part of the walk very disorienting and it took all his focus to walk as a sober individual. Finally the path ended at a simple door, which the instructor opened for him and motioned for him to go inside.
“Please wait in here демон, things will begin shortly.”

With a nod, he stepped through the door, into a room even more plain, more sterile then his own, save for the fact it was very metallic… steel or iron most likely. Taking one of the open seats, he never really acknowledged the others in the room, he rarely acknowledged anyone who was not of the Lupus ranks, however, a thought caught in the back of his mind that by the end of this, they too would be his masters.

JohtoBlaziken

I dunno lol
OOC: Sorry for the wait. The forums were down for me yesterday, though there was a dumb period of grace when everything took ten minutes to load....-__-;;;

BIC:

The room's empty now...good....Time to practice....

Shadow snickered for a few seconds, and wafted the light switch into an off position. It was all darkness, but she could see- she knew where she was. Shadow took a deep breath in and out, and twiddled her fingers nervously.

Okay....I have to hone my senses...embrace the darkness....Do not fear it...

Taking a stance, she opened a closet, and lifted a steel dummy, with some difficulty, to the center of the room. Reconfirming her solitude by darting her eyes left and right, Shadow quickly ran to the room's edge.

Here I go...!...

She, as fast as a bolt of lightning, jumped a few feet, rebounded off the wall, and while still in mid-air, let loose a flurry of steel in the form of various knives and other sharp objects from her leg holster. Shadow formed a grin on her near-emotionless face; It looked almost as if it was raining death, and the knives flew into their target almost flawlessly, with a few scattering off in other directions. Without any delay, she hunched her back, balled up her fist, and charged towards the chrome mass at a terrifying speed, quickly implanting her hungry knuckles into the poor test subject, and embedding her own brand of hell with it. Pushed from the force of the impact, the dummy moved a meter, but stood tall.

Challenge, eh? Silly dummy!

Giving a good shout, she extended the claws in her gloves, and pushed them straight through the fake enemy. They only went a sixth of the way through, but Shadow was happy nonetheless. The punctures went in a little deeper, and then bounced back, as if to say, "What'd we ever do to you?". Her eyes glimmered in the shadows, and she as she ran to the other side of the room. Running back towards it, she flipped over the dummy, whilst pulling out her dagger, and upon landing, sheathed her dagger into the dummy. Its fake head split into pieces, and she pushed it away with the plain of her hand. It fell quietly, and Shadow deemed it fine, albeit short, training for this morning. Not bothering to turn the light back on, she moved the beds back to where they were beforehand, and got out some paper from the closet.

She was jotting down battle plans with a pencil she found under her roomate's bed, excited to get to go on her first mission soon.

"Hmmm...I'll finally go on a mission...But...why am I here, anyway? Is it because those urchins from the valley made me, or is it because I want to be here....? Hmmm....I get to kill for my coutry...something about it just doesn't seem right....errr....No! I must remain calm, vigilant, and black out my emotions! They are only signs of weakness, and they must be eliminated...but...why do I feel the need to express them in private....What could be wrong with me...?"

Shadow looked away from the paper then, and clutched her arm in confusion. just why was she really here? Was this even right? She shuffled her fingers through old photos she had secretly taken with her. They lacked color, as the people were at a loss for funds, but they held cherished memories no mater how she looked at it. Somehow, she could never get herself away from these memories, and in some form or another, they came back to haunt her- quite the dilemma, indeed. Shadow closed her eyes and twiddled her fingers, and then a thought broke through to her- she'd experience the Crystal blood today.

That's right....Today's the day...The infamous Crystal Blood....After that...

Shadow looked away towards the wall, glanced back at the photos she held dearly in her hand, and pondered what she was going through more in her mind.

...there's no going back....

She got up, tripping once due to her not paying attention to where she was going, and the fact that it was dark. She fell unto the floor, and her forehead bled a little bit. Sighing, she reached into a nearby drawer, got out a rag, wet it with the room's sink, and wiped it on her forehead. her headband was a little blood-stained, but she knew it would have to just come out on its own- there was no way in hell to get her to wash it, and that would surely hold true for the future and beyond. She was still glancing at the photos, when someone opened the door. She didn't realize this though, until a voice called out to her from beyond the darkness:

"Gemma! Oh, GEEEEEMMAAAAA!!!"

Shadow got startled then, and fell into a bucket that held the photos. She seeemd to be startled easily when in her room nowadays, and the fact that it was Aurum again didn't help. She retracted herself nervously back into the darkness, hoping he would pass, but she knew he still saw her. She let out a heavy sigh, and got up off the floor, leaving a few drops of blood near where she sat, due to the barely attended wound.

"What is it Aurum...?" she answered back, without showing any signs off embarressment, anger, sadness, or any emotion.

"Just wanted ta see how ya were today. You're gettin' exposed to the blood today, no?"

"Yep. I can't wait...."

"Was that sarcasm? Was that...emotion?"

Aurum let out a giggle, cracked his knuckles, and looked playfully back at Shadow.

"Aren't you supposed to show no emotion at all, witch?"

"I'm not a witch, you damn urchin! ...And how many times have I told you not to call me by my...you know....actual name?"

"What; Gemma?"

He tried to supress another giggle, but this time, it didn't work so well, and he ended up letting out full-blown laughter, whilst pathetically attempting to make it look not so. Shadow tried her best to remain calm and emotionless, but in her head, he knew she was furious, and her telltale fists sure didn't say otherwise.

"It's all good, Gemma. Don't be so serious. After all, it isn't like ya'll be going home anytime soon; none of us will, after all."

Now, this time, she really felt hurt. Shadow knew he didn't mean it, but that dove into her mind, and ripped apart her anity pretty quick. All those painful memories came flooding back, and all those painful reminders that she won't see the ones she loves again, whether alive or dead, anymore. Joining the Lupis Invicti sure wasn't her decision, but she was the one that had to follow through with it- not anyone else. She looked towards the ground, and Aurum actually saw her shed a clear, blue tear. He stopped laughing all of a sudden, and regained his normally somtimes serious composure, that usually only showed up when he went on missions. He threw his hand unto her shoulder gently, and looked knowingly at her.

"I'm sorry; I guess I shouldn't of said such things...Anyway, I wish you luck today, and hope you turn out to be a good Assassin. I won't bother you anymore today, Acheron. It's fine with me.....G'bye!"

At that last comment, he regained his sense of joy, and left the room slowly. She'd payed no attention to the words of that fool, and she was, inside, angered at how he pestered her all the time. She hated him by now, and it had only been a little while since she joined the Lupis Invicti. Rallying up the photos, the dummy's remains, and the rest of her belongings, once again her ears were greeted by the opening of a door.

"Aurum, I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU NOT TO BOTHE-"

She stopped yelling blindly then, as she realized it was not Aurum that had opened the door, but one of the professors.

"Could you not yell at me long enough to come here, Miss short fuse?"

"Errrmmm...Sorry, professor....Won't happen again...."

She followed him down the corridors, watching other recruits learning about how to be an Assassin in the classrooms. She came too old to learn here, but the prospect of that kind of teaching somehow disturbed her, as it seemed to her that they weren't neccessarily being taught well, but being brainwashed, forgetting everything merciful or any form of kindness they had ever learned. She was actually terrified at the grim thought of a mere child wanting to kill or sacrifice their life, but she knew it was a fact of being an Assassin, and she had to be ready to face it, and quick. The corridors seemd to prolong themselves, and she thought they seemed a little bigger than before. Was she nervous? Was her eyes playing tricks on her? Was she slowly diminishing her very own sanity? She let go of the thoughts fast, not ready to have any more doubts about herself. Suddenly, the lights went out, and though her eyes were trained for the darkness, she had no idea where she was going, or where the grim professor was taking her.

Oh...RIGHT! The Crystal Blood! Heheh...

She mentally punched herself for not realizing this sooner, and quickly regained a calm mind. The darkness echoed through space, piercing her thoughts, and unfloding her secret insecurities. She though to herself, that this was only natural in the Lupis Invicti, and she had to stop being such a baby. But, alas; She was still a bit scared either way. The shrewd darkness finally subsided after a minute of shadowous torture, and the man opened a door to a plain room. There were a few others sitting there, and they looked like quite the weird bunch- but she knew herself that she was pretty strange.

"Welcome, Acheron. Sit here."

The professor motioned her towards an empty chair, and then he left towards another door. Looking around, while showing absolutely no trace of feeling or emotion, she blurted out:

"Well, how're you guys doin'? I am Acheron."

OOC: Note: The dummy wasn't solid steel, but rather, a kind of semi-soft metal. It isn't hard to pierce it, but then again, it isn't an easy feat, while not being a giant block of super solid steel. Get it? Kinda confusing, I know. Sorry for the wait, Ceno. I have a strange habit of writing in Serebii's reply box, and if the forums are down for me, I obviously cannot do so. Strange, I know...

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
[OOC: That’s alright. Forums have been giving me a lot of trouble too. …By that I mean that they are STILL giving me trouble.]

Aaron’s eyes shifted, jumping from person to person as every few minutes, a new student walked into the steel maw, all silent and obviously concentrated for what would be their true initiation into the prestigious organization. Surely, they had studied the right material. Surely they were reviewing everything right at that moment. Surely unlike Aaron, who, as per usual, was growing more anxious with every second.

Finally, the awkward silence was broken. The newest to-be Assassin to enter the chamber, a girl older than him, obsidian hair waving energetically around her face, actually introduced herself.

“I´m Acheron.”

The lone sentence echoed across the comparatively empty room, bouncing off the metallic walls. Apparently talking was even more awkward than not talking. After all, it was six and the morning. They were also about to face a secret and surely difficult test that would determine the outcome of their fates in the Lupus Invicti and, ultimately, their lives, but primarily, it was six in the morning.

The young student also figured that if he wanted to alleviate himself of some of the stress that had built up over the passing minutes, he should attempt to strike up conversation.

“Hi.” He waved meekly, turning to the girl. “I’m…Delphos. Or Delphi, if you prefer.” He rolled his eyes at various memories that linked to the name, some annoying, some sad and some greatly cherished. Now that he would become an Assassin, were they going to assign him to a new room, with new people that he had to forcefully share every day with…?

No. Concentrate, dammit. This is the most important day of your life. Do it for Dad, if for anyone. His mind blared, as he continued grinning absent-mindedly.

***​

Allen Green, codename Horus, stroked Masque´s ivory body with meticulous care, making sure that his digits touched every crevice and soft surface. To tell the truth he had almost grown tired of the constant, forced sex that made up the foundations of their ´relationship´--it was much more enjoyable with both parties interested in it.

But, that was how it was. Horus wanted something, Masque gave it to him. A simple system of service that ensured the girl’s permanence in the Lupus Invicti. And after all, that was important; anyone who abandoned the organization did so in a body bag.

“Well, if that wasn’t a fun ride I don’t know what—“

Shut up.”

The man flinched slightly at the comment, but knew that it was nothing menacing.

“Claws out today, huh?” He teased with his obnoxious, dominating voice, glancing at the woman’s discarded uniform a few feet away from the table. “That’s good though. You’ll need it when the boss scorns you for getting late to the supervising of your trainees.” He continued, in most casual of manners, after staring at his wristwatch.

“…”

Masque´s delicate eyes widened into saucers, filled with the primordial instincts of anger and fear as she instantly pushed the still naked body from on top of her. She darted for her clothes, the white figure twisting in the dark.

Horus cackled, satisfied. “Well, you know what they say. Can’t mix work with pleasure.”

“Shut your mouth.” She snapped instantaneously, pulling her uniform over her. “I swear you will pay later and it’ll goddamn hurt.”

The man’s eyes stared innocently for a moment, almost blank.

“…Wow girl. I didn’t know you were into the BDSM stuff, but I’m game.”

Masque didn’t even grace this with an answer, and indignantly slammed the door behind her instead.

[OOC: There’s only a couple more people that need to post. Once they do, Test I will begin.]

JohtoBlaziken

I dunno lol
“Hi.”

“I’m…Delphos. Or Delphi, if you prefer.”

Shadow looked at the boy closely for a second, and observed he was somewhere from thirteen to sixteen.

He looks fairly tall, or at least, too tall to be that age, so he probably isn't thirteen...Sixteen?...Nah...He looks too small for that...Fifteen? Maybe...Errr...Nope....He doesn't seem to have the emotional maturity of a fifteen year-old, though the two ages' maturity level emtion-wise are, in fact, pretty close.

Shadow always enjoyed these obscure guessing games, and she thought, but she didn't know if others did, that she was fairly good at them. Back in the village, her IQ tests showed she was pretty smart...But, she knew she shouldn't get too big for her head, though she rejoiced at being able to feel she was capable of much more than others. Still, she was no genius, but somewhere inbetween that, and smart. Personally, she thought, on that scale, she was closer to genius, but that could just be her and her infatuation with herself- or at least, anything she could do good. It comforted her, and she was at peace knowing there was something she could do well- could being an Assassin be one of them?

She noticed the boy was in thought, and he grinned seemingly without the slightest realization at what he was doing. Shadow raised an eyebrow, and quickly adjusted her headband, just to know it was still there. She looked curiously at the boy, and at the strange others in the room.

These guys are quite a bunch, they are. This might take awhile....Talking seems to be a little too awkward...But still, they look quite a bit more capable than I am....Maybe I should quit....Errr...No! No! That's not an option....I'm with the Lupis Invicti now, and there isn't any way to go back...After all...my family abandoned me...and that jerk only adopted me to take advantage of me.....I hate myself....

Shadow gave out a heavy sigh, and quite visibly, a fairly large tear rolled down her cheek. She told herself not to cry, but she couldn't help it....But, luckily for her, it was only one tear. Still.....she was incredibly embarrassed, being in a room with people like this...She hoped nobody would notice...

Before anyone could say anything to comment though, she embraced her hidden emotions, and let out sound:

"Errrmmm...'Kay....Delphos, huh? Delphi's fine. Why do ya want to become an Assassin, anyway? You don't look like you want to do this..."

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
((Sorry for taking so long for this.))

Abraxas... The codename of one Yäcob Jonas. He is a member of Lupus Invicti, age 19. He was lucky to survive, and luckier still to have been placed somewhere where is dead heart would form a significant advantage.

He had not slept the last night. It was 04:50. His weary eyes glanced 'round the room as he reached for a tin can filled with a high-caffeine drink which he guzzled quickly, before crushing it with his hand. He still didnt know what it was, but, man, did it taste like sh.t! He felt the energy rush go to his head and he walked over to a small machine. It was shaped vaguely like a black pepper pot with three poles sticking out of it. He carefully removed the top and inserted a black disc. He placed the top back on and pressed upon one of the black plates and sat back. The sound that blasted out of it was loud yet satisfying. The rage his neighbors exhibited at the loud noise screaming from the compact disc player, which was loaded with "Powertrip," an album from a band called Monster Magnet.

* * *​

No. He was not listening to Powertrip. He was not in a room with a Dalek-shaped CD player. He was not in north Brixton watching the telly and trying to remember what had happened on "Fullmetal Alchemist Earthshine" the night before. Not at all. He did not have his Dire Straits, nothing. He was in the Common Room. He was not speaking didactly to himself about ethics. He was not rehabilitating. He was in Lupus Invicti.

And, furthermore, he had nobody to do anything with.

He was just... sitting. Alienated, isolated to his corner. He sat alone, but he continued to glance off at the boy named Aaron - his codename was Delphos. Not that it mattered. Hardly anything mattered in this place. All that really mattered was that you obeyed your orders. That's all there was... That and the telly for when you were not busy doing something else. Yäcob was already dressed in his full regalia - which is to say, in plain spoken tongue, he was wearing his uniform already. He stared off blankly at the set. Nothing he hadn't seen before, but his sadistic little heart made him laugh inside as Jerry (and the occasional bulldog, duck or woodpecker) pulverized his nemesis, Tom the cat. Mammalian interspecies warfare, were it like this in real life, would probably be the suject of many more films.

* * *​

Just then, a woman, presumably a teacher, walked in. She had long red hair and violet eyes. She was notedly voluptuous, something that Yäcob didn't care about. "Abraxas," she said in a soft, almost overtly sensual voice. She didn't seem to care that Yäcob was not in his normal board room. She didn't mind.

Yäcob got up. "Yes, miss?" He spoke with a plain, straightforward voice. "Also," he proceeded, "if you don't mind what I'm saying, I do hope you have not taken an interest in me. I'm far too young for something so nonsensical."

"Well, it's time for the test now, that's all."

Yäcob simply nodded and followed her through the twisting halls to a massive white room. No desks, no test proctors, no papers, no chairs, no obstacles, just other humans -- just as he had dreamed it.

"It is to be a physical test," he muttered, "is it?" But the teacher was already gone. Yäcob just shrugged it off. A physical test was just what he had expected.

"Good morning," he said in his typical, plain voice.

[--END POST--]

-PM

Bandana

*~Friends/Rivals~*
(OOC: I'm so so so sorry for not posting earlier! i would've posted yesterday but power cut >.< So that sucked since I had a majority of the post written up. Oh well, here it is^^)
IC:

Haizea had gotten to bed early, a bit too early since she woke up pretty early. But part of her actually wanted her to. As much as she liked to sleep, she loved to be awake. Haizea smiled as she sat up in her bed, in the darkness of the room she shared with four others.
5:48am her clock read and Haizea was biting into her blanket, wondering how long it would take for the rest of the world to wake up. Maybe she could "accidentally" wake Lucille up. Lucille was actually the one that understood her most since, coming from the United Kingdom, Lucille had learned French for a while and almost understood everything Haizea said. Almost.
"Bii biip! Bii biip!" Haizea's alarm clock went off and Haizea slammed her fist on it out of fright. She didn't remembering setting it off at this time. Now her roomates would wake up now!
"Merde..." Haizea swore in French as she stood up on her bed and reached for the ceiling. An old, and strangely enjoyable habit she had.
"Jesus Haizea," Lucille said to her French flatmate. "Don't kill your alarm clock..."
"Lucille désolé!" Haizea apologised to Lucille and jumped off her bed to look for what she'd wear for today. Surely there'd be others in the common room who'd be awake too.

~*~

Haizea strived to be unique. To be unique was to be different in your, style, speech and behaviour. Haizea was already unique in her speech, constantly switching between French and English. And her style? Well no one else Haizea knew had fluffy blonde hair tied in four ponytails and only wore shaded clothes. No bright colours for her. As for her behaviour....
Well she was watching Tom and Jerry while standing on her hands, with the couch to support her, whether she needed the support or not.
"Fa`atiu," a man said in Haizea's direction. Haizea knew he was speaking to her since Fa`atiu was her codename after all. Her other name.
"Oui," Haizea simply said as she enjoyed the Tom and Jerry episode.
"Follow me quietly," the man continued.
"Désolé. Je ne sais pas l'anglais," Haizea said in French, hoping that it would buy her more time to watch Tom and Jerry. However, the man wasn't fooled.
He did know that Haizea could very well speak English, but two could play at her game.
"Svp, suivez-moi tranquillement" the man repeated, except in French. Haizea gracefully rolled out of her position and looked at the man.
"So you can speak French," Haizea remarked, impressed but added, "épuisez la tête"
The man glared at her and turned around and left, with Haizea following.

Deathspector

<-- Blastoise O.o
OOC: I must warn you, that if I am mean, or say anything bad about controversial matters (in this post about people who are differently abled), it's only what my character would think.

IC:

Silence...

It was all that Renier truly needed. Silence was the only thing, that allowed you to relax, and let your mind float away from your body, to contemplate on matters that are nothing more than the imagination of poorly educated people. If there was anything that Renier haed more than "stupid" people, it was loud noises. Loud noises disrupted silence in a most unforgivable manner. Silence was something of nature, while loud noises were something created by mankind. Disrupting nature for one's own pleasure was something that Renier detested amongst anything else. And it was exactly what just happened.

"Well, how're you guys doin'? I am Acheron."

Renier's mind was jerked out of the stupor unceremoniously, and he was brought out of the relaxing state of mind that he had just entered. Snarling silently, he brought his eyes up to face the new disturbance. It was another newly-hired member of Lupus Invicti, no doubt, come here to gain Crystal Blood, as were all the other people in the room. Renier hated people like this, next. People who were intent upon making conversation, when there was absolutely no reason to talk. No one but a mentally retarded person would do something like that. No doubt this Acheron was like that. Renier scoffed, only to be thrown back even harder.

The very same boy who had been in the room before Renier had entered, raised his head to meet the newcomer, replying in a fashion that Renier thought was disgusting. "Hi. I’m…Delphos. Or Delphi, if you prefer."

Renier glared sharply at the two people, and if he could have bored holes through their body with his eyes, he would have. But he grinned, and settled back into his relaxing position. It as called the "lotus position", by the Yoga master that he had met on one of his journeys to Durban. Durban was slightly south of Pretoria, and was populated with plenty of Indians, Sri Lankans and Pakistanis. Although the Indians were the majority there. He sat cross legged on the floor, his back upright, and his hands resting on his knees. This Delphos would be just as easy to terrorize as Acheron if her put his mind to it.

Acheron broke the silence yet again, causing Renier to open his eyes yet again. "Errrmmm...'Kay....Delphos, huh? Delphi's fine. Why do ya want to become an Assassin, anyway? You don't look like you want to do this..."

Renier started. He felt like saying: First of all, "Errrmmm" isn't even a legitimate word, neither is "'Kay", or "huh", or even "ya"! Second of all, that is an extremely personal question, and it is unlikely that Delphos will answer you. Besides, why call him Delphi, when his really Codename is Delphos?. Instead, he calmed himself by breathing in, and breathing out slowly, while applying pressure to different parts of his hands, with the opposite hand. Another technique taught to him by the Yoga Master in Durban.

The door opened yet again, and Renier braced himself for yet another completely useless exclamation. He was not disappointed. "Good morning."

Renier almost left then. How could Lupus Invicti be recruiting such imbeciles? They are supposed to be a famous organization, known for their expertise in assassinations. Why would anybody as stupid as these people actually be allowed to join the organization. I've had enough.

Renier stood up as another person was led in, with a thick French accent. At least she was not asking how people were, or why they wanted to join Lupus Invicti. He glared at her, nonetheless, and began his shouting.

"Honestly. Who in their right state of mind would ask such person questions as you have, Acheron, and who would say 'Good morning' at a time like this. Do none of you comprehend what is going to happen to us. This is not a time to be getting friendly. We are only members of the Lupus Invicti, and no less. Even if we are requested to go on a mission together, we are no more than helpers. We are not friends, and shall never be. Why would anybody want to have a friend in an organization like this, when it is possible that we can be separated in the blink of an eye. The next person who talk will get my fist in their face. No all of you, just shut up, and concentrate on our futures, not our fellow members!"

Last edited:

The Admiral

"Honestly. Who in their right state of mind would ask such person questions as you have, Acheron, and who would say 'Good morning' at a time like this. Do none of you comprehend what is going to happen to us. This is not a time to be getting friendly. We are only members of the Lupus Invicti, and no less. Even if we are requested to go on a mission together, we are no more than helpers. We are not friends, and shall never be. Why would anybody want to have a friend in an organization like this, when it is possible that we can be separated in the blink of an eye. The next person who talk will get my fist in their face. No all of you, just shut up, and concentrate on our futures, not our fellow members!"

Yäcob turned around. "You're funny," he said, "I think I'm going to find enjoyment in working with you. But, there seem to be a few things about life you are notedly less than experienced about. For one thing, you need to always keep an upbeat attitude about it. There's no use being depressed or angry about something that will, in theory, seize up, disappear, and mean nothing in the end. Secondly, you don't seem to thoroughly understand what this is, either. This test will prove that we are worthy of being in Lupus Invicti, that we are here for a reason beyond leeching the resources of the higher ranks, that our training has paid off. Indeed, it's a big chance that we're taking, and I can understand being a bit concerned about it, but you have to take your chances. That's all that really exists in life. You invitably take a chance with anything you do. For example, I'm currently tempting fate by speaking you in spite of your threat to go wannabe Chuck Norris on whoever speaks to you." He just shrugged it off. "Not that it matters. I could probably kick your ass regardless."

* * *​

Yäcob liked being in the Common Room at 0400 - early in the morning. Usually, there was barely anybody awake on each floor. This meant he could watch whatever he pleased on the telly without having to deal with screaming masses of 12-year-old boys watcing their cartoons. Most of the time, he could sit and watch a re-screen of the episode of Fullmetal Alchemist Earthshine from the night before, but recently he had been disrupted from this by one of Delphos's... roommates... had taken to using the telly to watch re-runs of American Idol. Of all the shows to watch!...

Lupus Invicti kept him about as happy as he could get. His roommates were generally good people... while they were asleep. He didn't know much about the systematics of the place, but he was with strictly males, something he found himself to be both fortunate and unfortunate for. It was worse that he ended up with a pair of complete assholes, both inconsiderate, arrogant, stick-to-their-guns misogynists whose spare time was occupied by arguing over who could kick who's ass the easiest, cracking jokes at females, and repeatedly plodding off noisily to the toilet to defecate in the midst of playing Grand Theft Auto. He was happy that, at the very least, they were not overly eroticized.

* * *​

"And," he said, "today shall indeed be a good morning, as we now have our test. If we succeed, we will become Assassins. I don't think this should be too hard. All of us know precisely what we are doing, right?"

[--END POST--]

-PM

JohtoBlaziken

I dunno lol
Shadow watched with amusement as yet another came in, and then another again.

What a lively bunch....This'll be fun....

Shadow snickered to herself, and looked back at Delphos whom had not felt the need to answer her yet. But, it was all the same to her. This bunch wasn't about to unwind so soon, and it's as if they think their entire lives rested on this test, or at least, that was was she heard when she eavesdropped on someone. Well, it actually did, but it's amazing how tense these people are, and she couldn't believe they were like this. Normally, she herself would be against any enjoyment, or even fun, but at times like this, the minutes dragged y like hours, and well, what exactly else was there to do? It was all just so dreadfully boring, surely. Didn't they think something like that too?

Then, someone finally managed to speak up, besides Delphos, anyway:

Honestly. Who in their right state of mind would ask such person questions as you have, Acheron, and who would say 'Good morning' at a time like this. Do none of you comprehend what is going to happen to us. This is not a time to be getting friendly. We are only members of the Lupus Invicti, and no less. Even if we are requested to go on a mission together, we are no more than helpers. We are not friends, and shall never be. Why would anybody want to have a friend in an organization like this, when it is possible that we can be separated in the blink of an eye. The next person who talk will get my fist in their face. No all of you, just shut up, and concentrate on our futures, not our fellow members!"

What a moron....Does he really think I'm legit? I'm serious? Heheh...Well, at least about my emotions...I'm not happy in the least...Errmm...Hmmm..

But, before she could manage to form and present her obnoxiously sarcastic comeback, she was beaten by one who had just came in the room.

"You're funny,"

"I think I'm going to find enjoyment in working with you. But, there seem to be a few things about life you are notedly less than experienced about. For one thing, you need to always keep an upbeat attitude about it. There's no use being depressed or angry about something that will, in theory, seize up, disappear, and mean nothing in the end. Secondly, you don't seem to thoroughly understand what this is, either. This test will prove that we are worthy of being in Lupus Invicti, that we are here for a reason beyond leeching the resources of the higher ranks, that our training has paid off. Indeed, it's a big chance that we're taking, and I can understand being a bit concerned about it, but you have to take your chances. That's all that really exists in life. You invitably take a chance with anything you do. For example, I'm currently tempting fate by speaking you in spite of your threat to go wannabe Chuck Norris on whoever speaks to you."

"Not that it matters. I could probably kick your *** regardless."

Funny boy....This is even better than I thought...

"Both of ya are humorous to watch, but this guy here has a good point. I'm more than what I seem, so don't be fooled. I go by Shadow when I'm not using Acheron for a reason, so watch out. Make sure not to let your guard down the next time you're in the dark...."

Shadow grinned, and she narrowed her eyes and lowered her head. She knew how good she was in darkness, and she practically lived in it. it was her...meaning. It was her...fulfillment. Shadow sure didn't know why she was like that, but it was fun to know, nonetheless.

"I'm here for a reason too, just like you lot. You all seem to be a little too tense around the edges, taking everything for less than what it is, and constantly on edge. Liven up, will ya? Making conversation sure isn't a crime, and your threats don't intimidate me in the least! Your insecurities are showing themselves to me....I can see them quite well. But, let me merely elaborate a point;"

"You see mister," Shadow laughed a little laugh for a second, remembering the joke spoken by the person who stood up to him,"Chuk Norris wannabee, there isn't any way to focus on the future, because the future's never here. When it's tomorrow, it's today. When it's next week, it's now. The future comes in no shape, will, or form dear sir, and looking ahead only blinds you to the now when it comes your way. Because, if you keep looking to the future, when the future comes in your way of words, you'll only just look even farther, giving no absolute meaning to what you wished and held dearly before. You're doing youself a disservice doing that, and that wouldn't be in your best interest, I don't believe. Tell me now; what is the future? Honestly, there is no good answer to that. You'll never move on in your life unless you focus on what's happening at the moment, and you could even die from it. What would you do on a mission, getting shot and gunned at every second? Look to the future, instead of focusing on what's happening? I know what you will say next sir, but by saying it, you would greatly contradict your earliuer sentence. Go ahead and make up your mind, otherwise, you might find youself in quite a tough spot, and you shouldn't be alarmed or surprised at that kind of revelation, with the kind of philosophy you have now. Again, I'll say not to underestimate me; I may seem lighthearted on the outside, but my ulterior motives always manage to stun all those who know them. This is your warning..."

Shadow grinned, drawing extra attention to the sharpest and longest tooth in her mouth. It, plus the little speech, was sure to disturb all who had witnessed it.

"Well, on a different note, this is personal yes, but I'll ask it again. Why are ya guys here? None of you look very happy. Before this test, positive reinforcement always helps. I was abandoned by my village in search of a better bundle of resources, and adopted years prior to prepare for this, but the motives then were hidden well. Sad, yes, but I'll just have to deal with it. Both of my parents dying early isn't that bad, as long as you have something to remember them by..."

She finished her last sentence with a quick, jerking motion to her headband, giving them the cue to what exactly she was talking about. She sat in her seat there then, awaiting a response...

"Oh, and good morning to you, dear sir. I bid you luck on the test..."

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
[OOC: I cannot express my amusement at so many people mentioning Tom & Jerry.]

After the rather heated exchange of ideas, the great maw, as Aaron had become used to calling it, became silent. The steady hum of mechanisms twisting and turning behind the expressionless walls were the only audible sound, making the atmosphere a tense one.

Even now he was already conscious that this would be an interesting group to go through the fateful tests with. In the back of his psyche, he was also aware that with such different points of view and dispositions, these tests--assuming they weren´t individual--would be very difficult to pass. However Aaron was past difficult. In the end he was ready to do anything necessary to at least pass the exam himself, finally become an Assassin.

Contemplating the possibilities for what was about to occur to them, Gemma´s voice rose once more.

"Well, on a different note, this is personal yes, but I'll ask it again. Why are ya guys here? None of you look very happy. Before this test, positive reinforcement always helps. I was abandoned by my village in search of a better bundle of resources, and adopted years prior to prepare for this, but the motives then were hidden well. Sad, yes, but I'll just have to deal with it. Both of my parents dying early isn't that bad, as long as you have something to remember them by..."

Aaron smiled grimly, cancerous memories of his home village returning from a dark pool of oblivion, at the bottom of his conscience.

"Chernobyl." He muttered as meekly as his forgettable personality dictated, sighing inaudibly and leaning against the wall.

He could feel the ill-tempered boy´s eyes pinpointing him like a laser.

To this he raised his gaze to the featureless, gray ceiling, stiffling a chuckle.

***​

The white room´s door opened and closed in a flurry of black.

"Goddamn f.ucking hell..." Masque murmured in a string of curses under her breath, which would have surely surprised anyone who believed to know her. But then again, Masque was many-faced. That was what she was.

Two old men in white coats manipulated complex controls, while a daunting, darkly clad figure loomed over them. She was staring out through the perfectly camouflaged glass window, gazing over the students about to be tested. Microphones all over the chamber kept her informed regarding what they were talking about.

"I assume it is not necessary to inform you of your severe lateness." She stated mechanically, coldly, like a military veteran that had seen enough to drive a normal human to madness.

"I apologize immensely..." Vermillion hair danced around her face as she bowed, all cusses imaginable still running through her mind--all aimed at Lance, of course.

I´m gonna grab that dirty b.astard´s balls.

And I´ll squeeze.

"Masque!"

The low, but intimidating bark snapped her back into the much more unfair reality. The woman was now standing in front of her, their faces separated only by a mere few inches. Out of her obsidian skin did her strange, but certainly terrifying, bright yellow eyes gaze out. Most dismissed it nervously as a Crystal Blood side-effect.

"Yes, ma´am." The younger female answered, now in military mode, or so to speak. The two lab men had turned to them with mild curiosity.

"Those students out there will be under your command, heading to the United States in approximately forty-eight hours. They will be instructed to kill a heavily guarded and important political target. Do you understand?"

Her eyes gleamed with even more malevolently.

"Do you understand the importance of your prescence and supervision during these tests?"

"Yes, ma´am."

"Then I trust that you will not fail to comply to your duties as a squad commander flawlessly in the near and distant future." In the midst of her controlled, crippling rage, one of her pitch-black locks turned and fell over her chest.

"..."

"Start the test." She signaled to the two operators, leaning forward on the counter. Masque, still miffed, walked forward slowly and neared her face to the microphone.

"Students, prepare for your first test in the obtainment of the Crystal Blood. This will begin in ninety seconds."

The booming voice echoed all across the metal room, as everyone suddenly seemed to become alert. It was time.

[OOC: If you want your character to get any final comments in before the test, now´s the time.]

The Admiral

Cenodoxus said:
[OOC: I cannot express my amusement at so many people mentioning Tom & Jerry.]

[OOC: Neither can I.]

Yäcob turned to the agent at the Microphone - her codename, Masque. He could tell right away. He cleared his throat swiftly.

"Before the test begins," he said didacticly, "I would like to say one thing... And it's a bit of a simple statement. I would just like to wish good fortune to all who now participate in this, the Crystal Blood test. I would also like to make another statement, also simple... May the most excellent members of the species Homo sapiens, XX or XY, achieve their victory when all is said and all is done with this test." He inhaled. "And, lastly, in the case of direct, man-to-man competition, do not allow the opponent to cloud your sense or to distract your attention from the goal. I apologize for any delays this has caused, I am finished speaking, the test may now commence uninterrupted by my babble."

* * *​
Tests...

Tests, in the school setting, were little more than ways for arrogant didacts to threaten their slaves to do their bidding - to read chapter 18, to do problems five to nineteen, to balance on one foot while hopping up and down, juggling flaming axes, and walking the plank all at once while finally jumping the shark, literally. The teacher pressed his altered nazism onto students, leaving no room for error, giving problems that the class never studied while later claiming they did, all the while finding any excuse to reduce a student's score. In some, there was no room for error. Literally.

Take, for example, advanced algebra. Yäcob's algebra teacher was a stickler for perfection. When Yäcob received his final test back, he found (much to his chagrin, of course) that the one graphing problem he had was marked wrong.

"Mr. Georgetown," Yäcob said to his teacher, "tell me what's wrong with this problem."

"Jakey," the teacher said, using a pet name in an attempt to mask his incompetence, "that line passes through (2.000001, 2.000001), not (2, 2)."

"Given the thickness of my pencil's writing tip, it would cut through that position anyways. To get it not to hit anything but (2, 2) I would need a nigh-infinitely thin lead stick, and even then I'd need to use a microscope to see where I'd have to guide it."

"Don't talk back to me, sonny."

"When did using logic become talking back?!"

The teacher regretfully revoked the lost points, but only because he knew how volatile Yäcob could be when angered.

* * *​

Didacts, thought Yäcob, are so ignorant. All of the lot. Except maybe Masque. And that one other girl who showed him here. He'd spoken with her quite a bit, and she was generally pretty nince, but far too... eroticized. I suppose it would explain why she's so popular in most situations. Oh well. Humans are a strange lot.

[--END POST--]

-PM

Bandana

*~Friends/Rivals~*
OOC: Well it is Tom and jerry! Who can't forget that cartoon! I have about four videos of them ^^

"Honestly. Who in their right state of mind would ask such person questions as you have, Acheron, and who would say 'Good morning' at a time like this. Do none of you comprehend what is going to happen to us. This is not a time to be getting friendly. We are only members of the Lupus Invicti, and no less. Even if we are requested to go on a mission together, we are no more than helpers. We are not friends, and shall never be. Why would anybody want to have a friend in an organization like this, when it is possible that we can be separated in the blink of an eye. The next person who talk will get my fist in their face. No all of you, just shut up, and concentrate on our futures, not our fellow members!" some random person had completely exploded, in Haizea's opinion.

Now, English being her second language, Haizea didn't catch all of what the boy had shouted, but she didn't need to. His expression said it all, he was pretty annoyed.
A boy and girl started talking to the boy that had just exploded and Haizea attempted to hear what they were saying. Well, understand it at least. They were going on about something funny? Haizea decided that she hadn't had enough sleep last night since she could usually understand English alot better than this.

There was a bit of silence and Haizea really wanted to say something to the others, but was a itty bit too tired to bother with it. Speaking was a bit more complicated for her than for the rest of them she imagined, unless they too learned English as a second language.
Haizea wondered about this all when the doors to the room suddenly opened and a woman walked in.

"Students, prepare for your first test in the obtainment of the Crystal Blood. This will begin in ninety seconds." a voice suddenly boomed throughout the room.
"Aah!" Haizea nearly screamed from the sudden sound of the loud voice which had also made Haizea fall over out of fright. It had suprised her.
Sitting up, Haizea tried to figure out what the words meant. But it was pretty quick for her to figure out since she had the help of the expressions of the others to indicate it was something important.
Haizea decided she'd continue to sit on the ground as she heard a boy say something long and boring. Well it was boring to her since she was waiting for the test, not willing to listen to anything said that wasn't French.

"Vous savez ce qui?" Haizea asked to no one in particular and didn't particularly care if anyone heard her or not, "L'espoir I sûr ceci est amusement."
The translation? You know what? I sure hope this is fun.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
TOM AND JERRY HELL YEAH. You're lucky you have escaped my wrath, Yorei. You are lucky. Beyond belief. Oh yeah, this is a short post. Forgive me for that

Natsume heard one of the others' voice. "I would like to say one thing... And it's a bit of a simple statement. I would just like to wish good fortune to all who now participate in this, the Crystal Blood test. I would also like to make another statement, also simple... May the most excellent members of the species Homo sapiens, XX or XY, achieve their victory when all is said and all is done with this test," and furthermore, "And, lastly, in the case of direct, man-to-man competition, do not allow the opponent to cloud your sense or to distract your attention from the goal. I apologize for any delays this has caused, I am finished speaking, the test may now commence uninterrupted by my babble." Natsume listened intently as he thought to himself. Philosophical sounding bullcrap just pisses me off, Natsume thought. This guy thinks this school of thought is going to get him anywhere? Give me a damn break. while he was thinking, he was tensed, and was no longer leaning in a casual manner. All of a sudden he appeared more serious. So serious that he started to speak his sentiments in "alien language." Of course, maybe it was better in that case. Blood oath infuelled rage of the past, inane bullsh!t of the present. It was all becoming so, so very clear for Natsume now. While he was thinking to himself he had heard the command. The signal for the go. The sign that the test was to begin. It was exceptionally freaky. He continued to stare at the ground. He didn't look very upset, but he didn't look particularly happy either. He wasn't excited, he wasn't depressed. He was just blank. He could understand everything that was being spoken despite his English not being the best in the world, but then again, speaking in his own language would baffle everyone and possibly make him out as a bit of an egotistical weirdo, but he decided to do just that. He began murmuring audibly. "さ... クリスタル血ですね? うむ," he trailed on. "此処に... 僕を..." and suddenly began to speak softly, now inaudibly. He would complete the test. And reap the rewards that come from it. It was only fair.