• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assassin's Creed Thread

Chimchar15

I'm really surprised this hasn't been made yet. I recently bought both Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2 and they are great games. Nice story and awesome gameplay. I already put $5 down on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. So what are your guys thoughts on these games and what do you guys expect from Brotherhood.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Oh yes, AC was the first Sandbox-style game i've played, it was well worth 14.99$.

AC 2 seemed like a bit of a let-down because it came out around the same time as Uncharted 2, and it just seemed so completely outclassed in graphics / gameplay. But it was alright, I have 99 feathers but I WILL NOT USE A WALKTHROUGH!!! That makes me rage; because i have 97% of the trophies, I just need the feathers and the auditory cape to get the last two D:<

I don't expect too much from Brotherhood... just because it's about Ezio again...

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I probably won't be buying Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for the same reason I bought Assassin's Creed II and didn't buy Left 4 Dead 2 last year. I just got the last game a year ago. Sure there are some tweaks and new weapons, and even some gameplay changes that would be considered "major" but at the end of the day I don't really care. I just got that type of game last year and I want to play something different.

That said, I did like the first two games. The first one was great, even if repetitive. The second one was even better, and much more varied. I love being able to climb almost anything, without it becoming boring. Another thing that really impresses me with the games are the streets filled with character models that hardly ever repeat. That, the distances you can see in the game, and the HUD itself really made the game feel next gen when I first saw it.

Plus I've got all the achievements in both. ;P

Slick

Banned
fhq 1000'd AC2.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
sounds like one hell of a job... the gondola kills i mean then, reaching 100% with AC2 is very easy so i think it's best to stick with that:p

Surfing_Pikachu

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
we all learned that the bad way. you should wait untill you progress, then you are able to make tons of cash every 20 minutes if done right of course.

Surfing_Pikachu

And about being Notorious, I can't believe I had to deal with all that ninja-ing when all I had to do was take a few posters down. Thanks a lot, prostitute.

Cobalt_Latios

That said, I did like the first two games. The first one was great, even if repetitive. The second one was even better, and much more varied. I love being able to climb almost anything, without it becoming boring. Another thing that really impresses me with the games are the streets filled with character models that hardly ever repeat. That, the distances you can see in the game, and the HUD itself really made the game feel next gen when I first saw it.

Plus I've got all the achievements in both. ;P
I actually didn't have a 360 when the first AC came out... so when I eventually did buy myself an Xbox 360, I also eventually checked out AC2. Seeing as I've heard about just how good the game was, I thought I had to give it a shot. I ended up rather enjoying it. I really wish I could play more games in that sort of style. Kind of like an open ended RPG with little quests to do and tons of awesome platforming.

I may pick up the first Assassin's Creed... just because.

Still not sure about Brotherhood, but I may give it a shot if there's multiplayer; I'm quite curious to see how they handle it.

That's through being the landlord of the town, right?

And about being Notorious, I can't believe I had to deal with all that ninja-ing when all I had to do was take a few posters down. Thanks a lot, prostitute.
I ended up being Notorious after accidentally "assassinating" civilians. It's not my fault my button timings wound up getting jumbled with the wrong target.

Mind you, I do prefer using the concealed blades more than the sword/dagger; instant kill as opposed to combat (and if they're wielding axes... I just disarm them).

C_L

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I didn't like the 1st Assassin's Creed, but I did enjoy the 2nd one. I found Ezio to be a more enjoyable main character than Altair, plus the story was more interesting in my opinion.

Surfing_Pikachu

Cobalt_Latios

If I had a choice between characters, I'd take Altair hands down. Ezio is too much of a pretty boy to take seriously, even if he does have some interesting character development.
Meh, the gameplay is the main reason why I even played the game, but I wasn't sure what to expect from Altair to begin with... mainly that his pronunciation was a bit... "different" from what I'd thought it was.

Me:... All-t-air?
Game ([part with the flash back]) : All-tah-ear.
Me: ...what the?

I didn't actually mind Ezio. Considering his "full" name isn't really that hard to pronounce, well, I just didn't mind him. Also, why take him seriously? I find it was much more enjoyable when he was kind of laid back kind of guy. Made it more amusing.

Also, It's about the closest we're going to get to an Assassin's Creed movie, and it's actually pretty good. Btw, it takes place before Ezio (when his father Giovanni Auditore was an assassin).

C_L

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I played Assassin's Creed 2, its pretty amazing game. By looking at Assassin's Creed BrotherHood gameplays, its like playing Tenchu Z (for the 360). But, I still need to see more gameplay if its worth buying.

Surfing_Pikachu

Meh, the gameplay is the main reason why I even played the game, but I wasn't sure what to expect from Altair to begin with... mainly that his pronunciation was a bit... "different" from what I'd thought it was.

Me:... All-t-air?
Game ([part with the flash back]) : All-tah-ear.
Me: ...what the?
Hah, that's exactly what I thought when I saw that scene.

And by the way (man, I hate asking so many questions like this), if I got a feather and then desyncronized, would I still have that feather? I went through an entire Assassin's Tomb and picked one up at the end, and then fell of the edge and died. I respawned at the entrance and my heart sank.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
And by the way (man, I hate asking so many questions like this), if I got a feather and then desyncronized, would I still have that feather? I went through an entire Assassin's Tomb and picked one up at the end, and then fell of the edge and died. I respawned at the entrance and my heart sank.

dude you are on a forum, if there's one thing normal here then it's asking/answering questions.

anyway, your progress is saved everytime you pick up a crate, collect a feather, completed a mission, etc, etc, etc. the makers of the game did a nice job making sure a gamer's progress is save so if you die you will stioll have it. that's the good side about autosave.

however keep in mind that there's a glitch when you collected all the feathers, sometimes the 100 feather trophy/acchievement won't pop up and when that happens you can start a new game and do it all over again. chanse is small but when it happens it sucks.

Cobalt_Latios

Hah, that's exactly what I thought when I saw that scene.
Okay, so I'm not the only one who was pronouncing it that way.

It doesn't help that they throw in an "ï" as opposed to an i in the sequel. What's up with the letter switch?

C_L