• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Assign legendary Pokemon to all Key characters

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
What Legendary/Mythical + Trainer (and other NPC) pairs do you think might work well?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Cresselia and Darkrai could work with Fennel due to their relations to dreams

Swords of Justice could work with Wikistrom considering their relations to knighthood and chivalry

Diancie could work with Diantha due to their similar designs

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Pluto (Charon) could've had a Heatran based on the Hard Mountain (Stark Mountain) subplot in Platinum version. I also would've given Mai (Marley) a Shaymin since she alluded to one in her in-game dialogue and befriended one in the anime.
Did Pokemon special manga also toyed with that idea as well (Mai)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm convinced AZ was somehow involved in Magearna's creation

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Ash would definitely have Ho-Oh, since it was the very first legendary he saw in the anime. But in a kind of play on his name, Ho-Oh arose from the ashes of the Burned Tower like the phoenix, its basis, and it gives out Sacred Ash, which is basically like a natural Max Revive (as Ash "died" and was resurrected in the first movie).

Misty could have Suicune because of its Water typing and its elegance. If I remember correctly, Misty did own a Suicune in the Adventures manga, or at least temporarily, before it became Crystal's (Kris/Lyra).

Brock could probably have one of the Regis, especially Regirock (since it's, you know, a rock), or a Terrakion. Since he now has a Steelix, he could have Registeel and Heatran too.

Diancie could work with Diantha due to their similar designs

Diancie also sounds a lot like Diantha.

Swords of Justice could work with Wikistrom considering their relations to knighthood and chivalry

He could have Zacian and Zamazenta as well, being literal embodiments of a sword and shield, which are a knight's traditional weapons.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
He could have Zacian and Zamazenta as well, being literal embodiments of a sword and shield, which are a knight's traditional weapons.

And polearms (like lances). Don't forget the polearms. They're just as common of a weapon type for knights, if not more so, especially when fighting together in formations in an army or on horseback.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedJirachi said:
I'm convinced AZ was somehow involved in Magearna's creation

Well he's been around a long time, so I could see him being involved somehow. I can't think of any Gen VI Legendaries or Mythicals that suit him, so Magearna would be the next best thing from my viewpoint. I actually had a head-canon a while back that Magearna might've been planned for "Z version".

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sakuyamon said:
Marlon from BW2 would get Manaphy or Phione maybe both. Marley from D/P would get Darkrai because they both look goth. Buck would get Heatran and Mira would get Mesprit.

I don't see Mai (Marley) as having much in common with Darkrai other than their dark aesthetic, so I personally don't think they'd make a good team. But I agree that Shizui (Marlon) would probably have Manaphy as his ace.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Marlon from BW2 would get Manaphy or Phione maybe both. Marley from D/P would get Darkrai because they both look goth. Buck would get Heatran and Mira would get Mesprit.
What about giving Cresselia to Mina and Regigigas to Riley I guess.
Or if we go with the Pixies Azelf matches Riley and Uxie for Charon?

What Pokemon People see for Looker for example? I can see him with Zygarde which Also works well as Zygarde (as much as Looker) appeared both in Kalos and Alola.

My new headcanon is that one Zygarde resides in Kalos and another in Alola and each can reach the 50% stage on it's own.

Regarding Magearna there is a fan theory on the internet (on some PokeTubers chanals) that she is an artificial Guardian Deity for Aether Paradise. It works really well as she is part Fairy and has a folded form.

I personally could see Magearna being used by Wicke as both give a warm hearted feeling.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Well he's been around a long time, so I could see him being involved somehow. I can't think of any Gen VI Legendaries or Mythicals that suit him, so Magearna would be the next best thing from my viewpoint. I actually had a head-canon a while back that Magearna might've been planned for "Z version".

Xerneas would be perfect for AZ, because it can give eternal life and AZ has been living for 3,000 years. I also thought Magearna was a new Gen 6 legendary when it was first revealed, before I found out it was going to be in Gen 7 instead. I think Gen 7 was sort of like "Gen 6 and a half", since it included Zygarde's new formes from the anime that never came out in the hypothetical 'Z' version, and Magearna made her game debut after appearing in a Gen 6 movie.

Leonhart

Imagineer
jaden767 said:
I'd give Colress Genesect because Colress is a tech savvy kind of guy and Genesect is a technologically enhanced experiment that was made by Team Plasma. So it all fits.

I hadn't considered that, but they do seem like a good match. I've been wondering which Legendary/Mythical would suit someone like Shirona (Cynthia), but the only one that comes to mind is Arceus based on it being powerful and Shirona being considered as one of the toughest Champions in the franchise.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I always wanted to see Archer with H0-oh/Lugia due to the after-story of Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon.
Basically, if Archie succeeded in bringing back Giovanni, he would then awakening one of those two Pokemon.
I know this wouldn't correlate with Giovanni's plot since his story is if he was unopposed in Gen I, but Archer could just come from another dimension entirely.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ash would definitely have Ho-Oh, since it was the very first legendary he saw in the anime.

My dream is when the anime ends it's Ash facing and capturing Ho-oh. But let's be real; the anime's going to end only when the Sun turns red giant and incinerates the Earth

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
I've been wondering which Legendary/Mythical would suit someone like Shirona (Cynthia), but the only one that comes to mind is Arceus based on it being powerful and Shirona being considered as one of the toughest Champions in the franchise.

I also think Cynthia and Arceus have a somewhat similar colour scheme, both having yellow and black on their design, though that's not a very compelling argument.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I hadn't considered that, but they do seem like a good match. I've been wondering which Legendary/Mythical would suit someone like Shirona (Cynthia), but the only one that comes to mind is Arceus based on it being powerful and Shirona being considered as one of the toughest Champions in the franchise.

I also think Cynthia and Arceus have a somewhat similar colour scheme, both having yellow and black on their design, though that's not a very compelling argument.

Maybe do a step backwards and give her Dialga since she's insterested in Legends etc which are clearly a thing of the past So it involves time.
I see Palkia more of a Cyrus Pokemon so Cynthia and Dialga might work out well.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
My dream is when the anime ends it's Ash facing and capturing Ho-oh. But let's be real; the anime's going to end only when the Sun turns red giant and incinerates the Earth

Fun fact: If the original anime director was still alive, he would've ended the anime showing Ash as an old man remembering all his childhood adventures.