• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Associating Pokemon Types to Each Month

Rune Knight

Hi y'all.

Out of sheer curiosity, which Pokemon type would best suit each month of the year? In your opinion of course.

Mine goes like this:

January - Steel
February - Fairy (Because of Valentine's Day.)
March - Ground
April - Grass (Rebirth/Easter/Spring.)
May - Bug (Bugs become active.)
June - Electric (Start of Summer/Energy.)
July - Water (Pools/Beaches are mostly packed.)
August - Fire (Heat tends to be at its peak during this time of the year, at least where I live.)
September - Flying (Fall, windy, leaves.)
October - Ghost (Halloween.)
November - Fighting
December - Ice (Winter/Holiday Season.)

Some of them are just random with no real explanation and just a reflection of my own subjective interpretation.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Sure, why not.

January - Water - Water brings life, introducing new beginnings. Just like the ancient Roman god Janus, the origin of the name "January."
February - Fairy - I was not really sure for this one. Fairy seemed the most like the ancient Roman tradition involving the februs.
March - Fighting - Another ancient Roman reference. March was when ancient Roman military leaders started their campaigns, which meant more battles (fighting).
April - Ground - Planting new produce and flowers for Spring. Farming reference.
May - Grass - Spring thoughts and blooming flowers. Sure, this will work.
June - Bug - Similar reasoning here. So many bugs starting to appear.
July - Steel - See March. Julius Caesar's armies fighting with swords and other metallic weapons.
August - Fire - Not only for the heat, but for Augustus Caesar and the new "fire" brought to the Caesar name.
September - Dark - Too bad numbers are not correlated to Pokémon types. Strengths and weaknesses perhaps? Nah, no single types have 7-10 strengths or weaknesses. Let's just go with dark, for the days getting shorter and night starting earlier.
October - Ghost - Yeah, Halloween. I could go more into the history and cultural significance of this, but many of us know it already.
November - Flying - Turkeys. Sure, let's go with that.
December - Ice - Winter and snow. Rather obvious, but that's what you get for living in the northern hemisphere.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
This is my interpretation:

1. January - Dark/Ice, because the days are gloomy, cold and dark.
  2. February - Fairy, because of Valentine’s Day and Cupid.
  3. March - Grass, for the shamrock of St. Patrick’s Day.
  4. April - Water, because April showers.
  5. May - Grass/Fairy, as flowers bloom in this month.
  6. June - Bug, as there is an insect called the June bug, which is like a small beetle. Also, bugs start coming out in droves due to the warmer temperatures.
  7. July - Fire/Ground, because hot summer days and dry soil from heatwaves. Also fireworks for the 4th of July and Canada Day, and other independence days.
  8. August - Water/Ground, because sandcastles on the beach, maybe? Also for the sea.
  9. September - Grass/Flying, for the leaves falling from the trees in autumn. Could also be Psychic, for being back to school in most parts of the world, and learning new things.
  10. October - Ghost, obviously for Halloween.
  11. November - Fire, for fireworks on Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes Night). Same reasoning as for July.
  12. December - Ice/Grass, for snow and Christmas trees.

Rune Knight

Sure, why not.

January - Water - Water brings life, introducing new beginnings. Just like the ancient Roman god Janus, the origin of the name "January."
February - Fairy - I was not really sure for this one. Fairy seemed the most like the ancient Roman tradition involving the februs.
March - Fighting - Another ancient Roman reference. March was when ancient Roman military leaders started their campaigns, which meant more battles (fighting).
April - Ground - Planting new produce and flowers for Spring. Farming reference.
May - Grass - Spring thoughts and blooming flowers. Sure, this will work.
June - Bug - Similar reasoning here. So many bugs starting to appear.
July - Steel - See March. Julius Caesar's armies fighting with swords and other metallic weapons.
August - Fire - Not only for the heat, but for Augustus Caesar and the new "fire" brought to the Caesar name.
September - Dark - Too bad numbers are not correlated to Pokémon types. Strengths and weaknesses perhaps? Nah, no single types have 7-10 strengths or weaknesses. Let's just go with dark, for the days getting shorter and night starting earlier.
October - Ghost - Yeah, Halloween. I could go more into the history and cultural significance of this, but many of us know it already.
November - Flying - Turkeys. Sure, let's go with that.
December - Ice - Winter and snow. Rather obvious, but that's what you get for living in the northern hemisphere.

Wow, that was really knowledgeable and informative! As you can see, mine was just flat out simple.

This is my interpretation:

1. January - Dark/Ice, because the days are gloomy, cold and dark.
  2. February - Fairy, because of Valentine’s Day and Cupid.
  3. March - Grass, for the shamrock of St. Patrick’s Day.
  4. April - Water, because April showers.
  5. May - Grass/Fairy, as flowers bloom in this month.
  6. June - Bug, as there is an insect called the June bug, which is like a small beetle. Also, bugs start coming out in droves due to the warmer temperatures.
  7. July - Fire/Ground, because hot summer days and dry soil from heatwaves. Also fireworks for the 4th of July and Canada Day, and other independence days.
  8. August - Water/Ground, because sandcastles on the beach, maybe? Also for the sea.
  9. September - Grass/Flying, for the leaves falling from the trees in autumn. Could also be Psychic, for being back to school in most parts of the world, and learning new things.
  10. October - Ghost, obviously for Halloween.
  11. November - Fire, for fireworks on Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes Night). Same reasoning as for July.
  12. December - Ice/Grass, for snow and Christmas trees.

Very colorful and creative.

Also you're totally allowed to use dual types and the same types more than once, I just forgot to think about that.