• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Astro Boy and Gatchaman CGI movies on the way?!

Last edited:

Rave

Banned
I'm curious to see as to how the Gatchaman is gonna turn out.

Been a long time since I've seen that series.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
All I can say about this is: ****. YES.

While I'm not entirely behind the idea of an American made Astro Boy or Gatchaman film, I'm still rather positive towards it. And the inclusion of Paul Dini makes me even happier. The man is a nerd god.

WHY THE **** DOES NO ONE SEEM TO BE INTERESTED IN THIS?!

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Because everyone else is too into their Narutard crap. Most of these kids don't watch anime that wasn't made in the late '90s or early '00s.

CGI Astro Boy movie seems to be a friggen AWESOME idea if done right.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Because everyone else is too into their Narutard crap. Most of these kids don't watch anime that wasn't made in the late '90s or early '00s.

Weeaboos today don't respect their past. Another way Naruto and Inuyasha have ruined anime.

Leon

Astroboy, Fxck Yeah.
Even if it is American made, IDC, I'm going to see it., hopefully convert some friends too [:

xxxo.

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
Was apprehensive at first, considering it's among the TMNT movie, but I gave the IMAGI website a visit and it seems like they're staying true to Tezuka's. Can't argue with that.

If it's done right, it'll be brilliant.

Rave

Banned

Aegis X said:
Weeaboos today don't respect their past. Another way Naruto and Inuyasha have ruined anime.

Both quoted for truth.

This is going be awesome. Fact that Paul Dini involve make me wanna see it even more.

Rave

Banned
I'm going to go see it.

I should really buy DVDs of that Black and White Astro Boy anime..

The question is... are they even available?

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet

Rave

Banned
Yes, but they're ****ing expensive. Otherwise, I'd buy them.

I should go hunting on eBay or at Deepdiscount for them.

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
It seems like lately Tezuka's stuff has become overcharged.

When I went to the Tezuka exhibit at the San Francisco Art Museum, everything was super overpriced...I mean, $60 for an Astroboy T-shirt...eeep! The excuse the storepeople at the museum gave was that it had to be imported from Japan. But, since I import a lot of stuff from Japan, even with EMS shipping, $60 for a flimsy shirt was far too high.

But, I recommend the exhibit anyways. Lots of original artwork that was used in the production of predecessors of Shounen Jump magazines.

But, on topic...I am looking forward to seeing Astroboy in CGI.

Last edited:

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
I should go hunting on eBay or at Deepdiscount for them.

Amazon is selling two boxsets containing the complete(by which I mean all surviving episodes) U.S. dub from the mid 60's, with a ****ton of extras for a good hundred-fifteen bucks a pop. They also have the complete 2003 series for $30, but it's only the English dub, and fifty episodes on five discs can't be good for visual quality. I'll probably pick it up though, for I lurved the 2003 series. They have the 80's series as well for $35, only in English though. Are there R1 releases with the Japanese versions?
Cutiebunny said:
I mean, $60 for an Astroboy T-shirt...eeep!
I am saddened by this.

Last edited:

Rave

Banned
Amazon is selling two boxsets containing the complete(by which I mean all surviving episodes) U.S. dub from the mid 60's, with a ****ton of extras for a good hundred-fifteen bucks a pop. They also have the complete 2003 series for $30, but it's only the English dub, and fifty episodes on five discs can't be good for visual quality. I'll probably pick it up though, for I lurved the 2003 series. They have the 80's series as well for $35, only in English though. Are there R1 releases with the Japanese versions?

My heart bleeds, knowing this....

HK

Radiance of Shadows
It seems like lately Tezuka's stuff has become overcharged.

I'm just glad that his name is finally started to get recognition in the United States. I mean, manga is a growing subculture over here, and fans don't even know who the God who practically made it what it is today even is!

Oh, and yeah, kind of/sort of looking forward to Astro Boy in CG.