• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Astro Boy - DISCUSS IT DAMN YOU

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
So while you kids are over there talking about some crappy Death Note adaptation, I'll be over here anxiously awaiting Astro Boy. Why? Because if this clip is any indication, the filmmakers didn't completely miss the point.

Oh and they remembered Tezuka's fondness for cameos. They get a billion awesome points just for that. Holy christ they even got the Hyoutan-Tsugi(the little pig/mushroom things that show up in all his work) in there too.

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I'll probably watch it if I can go to the movies by myself.

As my friend probably DON'T want to watch it and my family wouldn't like it either, exept for my Aunt maybe who watch the original as a kid.

TheGrimAngel

I have an astro boy poster hanging up in my wall since I got one at the previous anime convention in NY...kinda wanted to see the movie since.

Havent realy seen much of the show, except when it was on CN for a while but that wasnt all that great. I did however play the game that came out for the GBA and really really loved it.

SolarPowerX

I watched a few episodes of the show a reeeaaaally long time ago. I really enjoyed it. When I saw the trailer a few months back I was really happy.

Star Breeder Mit

Pokemon Breeder
Never been a big fan of CGI movies. But I am an Astro Boy fan (Seen the originals and remake) so I'm definitely not going to miss this.

I think it will be spectacular! Unless....something goes horribly awry, it could ruin Astro Boy's reputation. Hopefully Hollywood doesn't mess up this film since I think it'll be great!

Cobalt_Latios

Considering how very little I've actually known of the series (my only outlet was with the KidsWB! remake), I'm not sure how much to say about it, but considering what I've seen so far, I'm looking forward to it.

edit: just watched the clip. I'm sold.

<C_L>

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

I want to facepalm you so hard right now...
It's not my fault, I knew about it, I just never saw it before. That was the only current timeframe version they made at the time that was viewable... to me anyways.

Fine, the movie comes out Friday, right?

*goes off to power watch a good chunk of the original series...*

Dammit, not even willpower.

And of course, I expected that reaction. Any time the terms: "4kids"/"KidsWB!" or anything associated to that and you get shot.

Tough crowd...

:p.

edit:
The only strange thing is that he is wearing a shirt! Why?! Why ruin the classical look of Astro!?
I sware, 1 minute change and you people go nuts!

<C_L>

Cobalt_Latios

And I stood up for you!
One minute, then you went back with the rest of the crowd...

But seriously they shouldn't mess with the classical look of Astro! Or they will have me to deal with!
Oh, but it's not in the same style as it typically is. You haven't said anything about that. So they gave him normal clothes... whop-dy-do. Just blame it on the media... it's the easiest excuse, and it's valid!

<C_L>

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Kids WB had no production on the Astro Boy 2003 series at all. They didn't remake the series.

The series was however animated based on the American dub, though. Mouthflaps I mean.
The only strange thing is that he is wearing a shirt! Why?! Why ruin the classical look of Astro!?

Because American audiences generally don't react well to a young male character running around for an entire film in his underwear. Even the 2003 anime series realized this was a bad idea.

Cobalt_Latios

Kids WB had no production on the Astro Boy 2003 series at all. They didn't remake the series.
I was referring to it being aired on KidsWB!. I don't know who made it...

Because American audiences generally don't react well to a young male character running around for an entire film in his underwear. Even the 2003 anime series realized this was a bad idea.
Exactly my point. Back in the 70s/80s, this type of stuff wasn't so bad. Nowadays... things are considerably more different.

<C_L>

SmartD

I watched the 2003 anime when it was on Kidswb. I wanted to finish it, but I came home from school late. I don't know if should watch the movie or not.