• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

astrospride's 1st Competitive Team

I'm not new to Pokemon since I've started playing since the old RBY days, but for the competitive scene, yes. Anyway, here it goes:

Weavile @ Choice Band/Expert Belt
Jolly
252Spd/252Atk/4HP

- Pursuit
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Timid
252Spd/252SAtk/4HP

- Trick
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast/Energy Ball?

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant
252Atk/152HP/104Spd

- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Agility
- Thunderpunch

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Timid
252SAtk/252Spd/4HP

- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish
252HP/252Def/4Atk

- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf/Hydro Pump?
- Stealth Rock

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Careful
252HP/128Def/128SDef

- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak
- Thunderpunch

Last edited:

Chadi

Dusknoir should be Impish and why do you have Substitute and Choice Specs on Magmortar?

Hmm I'm not sure what other moves to put for Magmortar so yea I just stuck Substitute there. Also. yea no reason either why I should put Choice Specs since it's counterproductive to put Sub and Choice Specs together.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I'm not new to Pokemon since I've started playing since the old RBY days, but for the competitive scene, yes. Anyway, here it goes:

Weavile @ Expert BeltCB/Life Orb
Jolly
252Spd/252Atk/4HP

Pursuit
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Night Slash

Expert Belt could work, but CB/Orb work better, IMO.

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Timid
252Spd/252SAtk/4HP

Trick
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant
252Atk/152HP/104Spd

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Agility
Thunderpunch

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Timid
252SAtk/252Spd/4HP

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
SubstituteWill-o-wisp

You hit 8 out of 17 types; go with another item.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish
252HP/252Def/4Atk

Earthquake
AvalancheIce Beam
CurseSurf
Stealth Rock

Cursepert is dead. Mixpert is better as it hits the dragons' lower sp.def in general and isn't completely walled by Skarm. Relaxed>Impish.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
BoldCareful
252HP/128Def/128SDef

ToxicWoW
Pain Split
Mean LookShadow Sneak
Thunderpunch

Mean Look isn't really that useful on anything but Umbreon. WoW will help you take the physical stuff, and you should take some def EVs and put them in sp.def.

10charlimit.

Is there a better Pokemon out there for Flamethrower/Thunderbolt? I fear that an opposing Metagross might be able to sweep my team easily and that Skarmory can wall up the rest of my team with only one guy who has Flamethrower.