1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

At the End of the Fray! (408)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I didn't think that Satoshi versus Tetsuya was bad. Every match of their six-on-six battle flowed well, and Satoshi displayed his knack for observing his opponent's weaknesses and exploiting them, as seen when he took advantage of the crack in Metagross's steel body. This battle was written well.

2. Zamin

Zamin Well-Known Member

This was an incredible episode, I was rooting for Ash all the way but sadly he couldn't quite make it. He should have done though in my opinion.

It was funny to see Team Rocket get their comeuppance after returning to their devious ways. I wonder what happened to Cassidy and Butch, I haven't seen them for ages, apart from in the Chronicles series.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Honestly, Musashi and Kojirou deserved what they got for attempting to steal the Monster Balls. Not only did they take advantage of their employer's trust, but they ditched their work duties to pull off the theft, which ironically enough was what caught their boss's attention. Seeing them get sent flying with a punch made me chuckle.

MockingJ likes this.
  4. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

What a bad League finisher. Tyson winning was cruel since his final Pokemon was a Meowth of all things. Then to make matters worse the League didn't spend much time wrapping up.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

But to be fair, none of the Leagues have had an extensive closing ceremony, other than the Sekiei League which showed Satoshi receiving a commemorative plaque.

6. Dragalge

Dragalge Berries of Falchion!

The man punching Team Rocket in the sky was better than the final fight between Meowth and Pikachu lmao.

But seriously, while Swellow and Metagross were good to see, everything else was bland, including the final fight. Heck, even Pikachu vs Lucario at the Unova League felt more intense than this. Overall a 6/10. Rewatching the Hoenn League makes me wish we had that man come back in the other Pokemon Leagues lol.

7. FullmetalJackie

FullmetalJackie Red & Green

I normally would've been upset when Pikachu was defeated by Tyson's fancy storybook Meowth because it really seemed like Pikachu was stronger but I'm glad they went with the DBZ type of ending with both Pokemon equally matched. Though for once just for a surprise can the writers have Ash be defeated in a League tourney by someone who he hasn't bonded with?

MockingJ likes this.
  8. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

I like how the only reason Ash lost to Tyson was because Puss'n'Boots had longer arms so it could catch itself before it keeled over

Hilarious

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

We sort of got that in the Shinou League, and fans disliked that because they didn't think that Satoshi should've lost to someone who had no proper backstory.

10. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

It's funny how this league loss probably caused the least "outrage" among all the others. Here people were like, "Well Ash lost again, but he did well, what's next" lol.

11. It's weird how that worked out lol. Maybe it was because of the Battle Frontier, which was probably getting promoted thtoughout the league in the 4kids program block commercials iirc, so there was probably more excitement for that which might have overshadowed his league loss.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  12. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

look at the first few pages, while people weren't sinnoh/kalos tier outrage, they were like "man, that was LAME" "what a disappointment", though they were talking more about the battle itself not being worth the hype rather than ash losing. Also, huh, didn't know AlmightyZard and Sushi were around since '05

MockingJ likes this.
  13. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Most original fans were around back in 2005. But overall people complain when Ash loses every league of course, but the backlash wasn't too strong here, because as said I think we already knew Battle Frontier was happening soon...hell the very next episode with Agatha in Viridian Gym already brings it up and Scott of the Battle Frontier is introduced.

Trey pokes and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.