• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

At the End of the Fray! (408)

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Hoenn League offered us a mediocre Tyson match, but all the other battles were fantastic.

I didn't think that Satoshi versus Tetsuya was bad. Every match of their six-on-six battle flowed well, and Satoshi displayed his knack for observing his opponent's weaknesses and exploiting them, as seen when he took advantage of the crack in Metagross's steel body. This battle was written well.

Zamin

This was an incredible episode, I was rooting for Ash all the way but sadly he couldn't quite make it. He should have done though in my opinion.

It was funny to see Team Rocket get their comeuppance after returning to their devious ways. I wonder what happened to Cassidy and Butch, I haven't seen them for ages, apart from in the Chronicles series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was funny to see Team Rocket get their comeuppance after returning to their devious ways.

Honestly, Musashi and Kojirou deserved what they got for attempting to steal the Monster Balls. Not only did they take advantage of their employer's trust, but they ditched their work duties to pull off the theft, which ironically enough was what caught their boss's attention. Seeing them get sent flying with a punch made me chuckle.

Daizy

I call you honey
What a bad League finisher. Tyson winning was cruel since his final Pokemon was a Meowth of all things. Then to make matters worse the League didn't spend much time wrapping up.

Leonhart

Imagineer
What a bad League finisher. Tyson winning was cruel since his final Pokemon was a Meowth of all things. Then to make matters worse the League didn't spend much time wrapping up.

But to be fair, none of the Leagues have had an extensive closing ceremony, other than the Sekiei League which showed Satoshi receiving a commemorative plaque.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The man punching Team Rocket in the sky was better than the final fight between Meowth and Pikachu lmao.

But seriously, while Swellow and Metagross were good to see, everything else was bland, including the final fight. Heck, even Pikachu vs Lucario at the Unova League felt more intense than this. Overall a 6/10. Rewatching the Hoenn League makes me wish we had that man come back in the other Pokemon Leagues lol.

I normally would've been upset when Pikachu was defeated by Tyson's fancy storybook Meowth because it really seemed like Pikachu was stronger but I'm glad they went with the DBZ type of ending with both Pokemon equally matched. Though for once just for a surprise can the writers have Ash be defeated in a League tourney by someone who he hasn't bonded with?

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
Though for once just for a surprise can the writers have Ash be defeated in a League tourney by someone who he hasn't bonded with?

We sort of got that in the Shinou League, and fans disliked that because they didn't think that Satoshi should've lost to someone who had no proper backstory.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It's funny how this league loss probably caused the least "outrage" among all the others. Here people were like, "Well Ash lost again, but he did well, what's next" lol.
It's weird how that worked out lol. Maybe it was because of the Battle Frontier, which was probably getting promoted thtoughout the league in the 4kids program block commercials iirc, so there was probably more excitement for that which might have overshadowed his league loss.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's funny how this league loss probably caused the least "outrage" among all the others. Here people were like, "Well Ash lost again, but he did well, what's next" lol.
look at the first few pages, while people weren't sinnoh/kalos tier outrage, they were like "man, that was LAME" "what a disappointment", though they were talking more about the battle itself not being worth the hype rather than ash losing. Also, huh, didn't know AlmightyZard and Sushi were around since '05

Kintaro

Banned
look at the first few pages, while people weren't sinnoh/kalos tier outrage, they were like "man, that was LAME" "what a disappointment", though they were talking more about the battle itself not being worth the hype rather than ash losing. Also, huh, didn't know AlmightyZard and Sushi were around since '05

Most original fans were around back in 2005. But overall people complain when Ash loses every league of course, but the backlash wasn't too strong here, because as said I think we already knew Battle Frontier was happening soon...hell the very next episode with Agatha in Viridian Gym already brings it up and Scott of the Battle Frontier is introduced.

Red and Blue

While I'm kind of meh on the Hoenn League I like that Tyson's Meowth was the one to defeat Pikachu and win him the match. Especially since it gave TR's Meowth a confidence boost.

Glalie and Sceptile tie immediately? Lame
Swellow is badass!
And Pikachu loses to Meowth but shows some fight unlike a certain blue frog...
Tyson deserves to win but I wish we saw a clip of the final match.
Also Ash should have been beaten by Wally instead but I still love Tyson

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Last Hoenn full battle

Ash vs. Tyson

Pros
- Arm Thrust to block Flamethrower

Neutral
- Torkoal KO'd a Pokemon???
- Why did dub Brock describe Thick Fat as blubber instead of saying its name
- I take back saying Corphish is broken
- "The timing of that totally-not-Hyper Solar Beam" omegalul
- Meowth vs Pikachu is a victim of old production values

Cons
- SolarBeam and Ice Beam clash to OHKO both sides to start was something
- why is Torkoal vs Shiftry a side event
- How in the world did Swellow carry Donphan
- How did it beat Donphan after getting pounded wtf

uhhhhhh

this was also mid?????

I'm very unimpressed by this one that I'm not even gonna reformat this properly. like this just felt like a rushed side battle full of just mash fest. It felt like they were just trying to get the Hoenn league over with.

How did it go from potential top 5 battle Ash vs. Katie into the next two horrifically mid battles?

Y'all gonna make me watch Ash vs. Cameron and find out that it's somehow better than these 2 last Hoenn full battles