• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

At the End of the Fray! (408)

At least Torkoal got one win but I was hoping for two did he fight good against Hariama?

So Torkoal lost 2(Golduck, Steelix, Harriama) 1 Win (Shiftry) and 1 Draw (Tropius)

At least it got slightly redeemed.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Worst, most stupidly rushed league episode ever. The only thing I really liked about this episode was the Rocket-dan managed to be rather amusing, and of course Nyasu watching the Satoshi/Tetsuya battle. Other than that everything was meh at best. None of the music really stood out to me, and the animation was really bland. The battle was way too rushed and the ending with Pikachu and Nyasu was exactly the same as Bashamo vs Lizardon in Satoshi's battle with Hazuki. Jukain getting screwed over didn't help matters, but it was almost worth it since Onigohri was taken care of too. :p

The closing ceremony was crap as well. Tetsuya gets his trophy and they all just stand around and talk... Not even a short speech from Tetsuya or Tamaranze or anyone. And it just sort of stops right there, with no proper ending or any sort of closure whatsoever. A rip-off if there ever was one.

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
Erm Sceptile got completely hammered early on, that's why it got screwed over. Yeah we did expect Metagross to do the most damage but we also expected Sceptile to be portrayed as being on a similar power level. I'm not dissapointed that Glalie took it out (along with itself in the process) though, I was just hoping for some decent battle scenes. And it sorta messes up the whole forshadowing theory...

Alfonso

Derpgull
Torkoal Stu said:
At least Torkoal got one win but I was hoping for two did he fight good against Hariama?

Nope. Torkoal got pwned. :p Ash commanded a Flamethrower, which was blocked by Hariyama's HUGE hands. Hariyama then walked slowly torwards Torkoal while using what appeared to be Arm Thurst to protect itself from the flame... then it appeared to use an attack I've never seen before to beat Torkoal. The poor guy didn't even land a hit. -_-

Could be Fissure.

Do my ears decieve me, or was there a funked up version of the Rival Theme Tune from G/S/C in there? It sounded a tad different to the one we've heard many times before.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
...Oh. I must say the most interesting part of this episode was the preview for the next one XD I really tried hard to find parts of the battle that were enjoyable, but well...
Psychic looked really awesome, but that was it.

Hariyama crushed its hand into Torkoal like a karate fighter does with a concrete block. That poor thing.. Even its victory against Shiftry didn't impress me that much, because only a few minutes later it was beaten itself. I feel really, really sorry for Torkoal and I hope it gets a second chance in a tournament someday.

Pikachu vs. Meowth was.. good, I guess. A mix of Pikachu vs. Drake's Ditto and Charizard vs. Harrison's Blaziken. I didn't mind the similarity to former battles, but still, I was a little disappointed.

Oh wow, I found something that I liked about this ep...Quite random, but meh.. Max remarked that Ash came to the same place he got in the Johto League, and he sounded really disappointed. I don't know why that made me happy, it's perhaps that Max kind of displayed the feelings of us, the fans, and the fact that the writers knew how we would react makes it look a bit like a "promise" from them that they'll make up for it in the next League.
Uh.. yeah. Probably I'm just hallucinating XD

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Oh well. The League was pretty good in whole, the battle was good.

And next weeks episode seems to be veyr cool, so I can forgive the writers. I'm not really a big fan of the League's.

Alfonso, what did Max and may say?

Alfonso

Derpgull
Kojiro said:
Alfonso, what did Max and may say?

No idea. :p I caught May saying something about Tetsuya though. o_o

Okay, my bad people. >_> Masamune *did* talk to Ash after the Tetsuya battle. However, I am still right about what Tetsuya not having any interaction with Ash after the battle~ They didn't talk. :p Masamune and Ash did, but it was hardly a tearful farewell. -_-

Edit: Jesus. May's eyes look AWFUL closed in the ending scene. >_> And her chest... :0 Pretty bad. -_-

Last edited:

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
Pikachu v Meowth was the worst match of all. It was basically
Ash: Pikachu! Thunderbolt!
Testsuya: Meowth! Thunderbolt!
*clash! explosion!*
*repeat with iron tail*

Grovlye v Sceptile would've had more variety of moves than this match did. It was seriously dissapointing

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Karnimani1990/TC/252404.jpg[/IMG135]
I think Alfonso meant this scene. The overall animation in this ep was pretty bad anyway (It's the same as in the first Grand Festival part I think).

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Oh jeez, I see what he means. Why are those curves on her eyes still there if her eyes are suppossed to be closed? It looks like they're opened and closed at the same time. :/

Alfonso

Derpgull
Sushi said:
[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Karnimani1990/TC/252404.jpg[/IMG135]
I think Alfonso meant this scene. The overall animation in this ep was pretty bad anyway (It's the same as in the first Grand Festival part I think).

It is. The animation team for this episode have been working on Pokemon for a long time now, and their skills are by far the worst of all the teams. They did the two Roxanne episodes, too. And the first episode of the Eriko/Toshiki Contest Two-Parter.

And of course, many more AG episodes, and Kanto/Orange Island/Johto episodes too. -_- They did the second Drake battle episode, if I recall.

So... yeah. They love giving big battle episodes to this crappy team. >_>

GreenKirby

GreenKirby
What a mediocre screw-up. This episode had SOME MUCH POTENTIAL, only so they can screw that up. The stupid writters throw May in to th screw the storyline, and show all evolutions of Mudkip and Torchic before even showing Grovyle, then not showing Sceptile until the 3rd ****ing League episode, the making of Massamune, also screwing up Charizard (I wanted Ash to win but why give Hyuuga A CHARIZARD, Magmar/Hundoom would have been better), now THIS! They once again ridiculed the Treecko line by giving Scepty a double KO and making Grovyle lose to a Metagross (giving both pokemon no wins during this battle), WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!?

At least it's not Johto's super *******ation, humiliating Charizard by making lose a Blaziken! Harisson must be using steroids on it because a Blaziken cannot beat Ash's Charizard maybe Hyuuga's but not Ash's.

What the battle should have been:

Glalie>Shiftry
Glalie<Hariyama
Swellow>Hariyama
Swellow<Metagross
Torkoal(draw)Metagross (it worked for Corphish)

Grovyle>Donphan
Grovyle<Meowth
Corphish>Meowth
Corphish<Sceptile
Pikachu<Sceptile

Alfonso said:
Nope. Torkoal got pwned. :p Ash commanded a Flamethrower, which was blocked by Hariyama's HUGE hands. Hariyama then walked slowly torwards Torkoal while using what appeared to be Arm Thurst to protect itself from the flame... then it appeared to use an attack I've never seen before to beat Torkoal. The poor guy didn't even land a hit. -_-

Could be Fissure.

Awwww man, poor Torkoal :( It got pwned by a Hariyama, but fighting types are very powerful in the anime compeared to the games. I mean physical strenght thrashed slow pokemon in anime, Torkoal worst stat is speed so that result is kinda excepted. Well thanks Alfonso for the info.

JazzJazz

Torkoal Stu said:
Awwww man, poor Torkoal :( It got pwned by a Hariyama, but fighting types are very powerful in the anime compeared to the games. I mean physical strenght thrashed slow pokemon in anime, Torkoal worst stat is speed so that result is kinda excepted. Well thanks Alfonso for the info.

All true, but they have shown that speed can be overcome by a slower pokemon in the past... it was a shame that they could show torkoal using some sort of strategy to compensate for its lack of speed.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

so Ash lost?

DAMN IT!

Tetsuya prob shoved a weird device in meowth's hat which boosts it's strength

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
ShucklemasterJ said:
Tetsuya prob shoved a weird device in meowth's hat which boosts it's strength

Yeah right, and I'm Queen Elizabeth II. :p
Pikachu had beaten a Metagross before it faced the Meowth-in-boots, I think it was already a bit exhausted when the battle had begun.

Gotta love the narrator for making sure that the fans won't think that the series is over.
Usually: "Satoshi-tachi no tabi wa madamada tsuzuku." ("Ash & Co.'s journey will continue.")
Yesterday: "Satoshi-tachi no bouken wa madamada tsuzuku no da!!!" ("Ash & Co.'s adventures will STILL CONTINUE!!!")

Alfonso

Derpgull
Question for you Sushi: What is the use of 'Da' at the end of a sentence, and how does it change the meaning/strength of the statement? I've seen it used a lot. And are there different forms of the word 'da'... I recall Ash saying 'Do da!' ("How was that?", right? Or something along those lines?) to Kaede after he had frozen the pool.

Just wondering. o_o Is it anything like 'yo'?

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes, it's something like 'yo'.
"Soo yo" means "That's right". Same goes for "Soo da".
The only difference between 'yo' and 'da' is that 'yo' can only be used if the sentence is adressed to another person you're talking/writing to.
"Da" doesn't have to fulfill this privilege. You can use it when writing a book or something.
"Yo" and "da" just means that the sentence is a clear statement. Not a guess, a hope or anything like that.

Last edited: