• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

At the End of the Fray! (408)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Except that "winning a league" is not Ash's dream. He wants to be a Pokemon Master, winning a silly tournament does not make him become one.

Do you honestly believe Tetsuya is now going to retire and say "he's the best?" I don't think so.

B

BrokenDreams

I think Ash only entered 3 leagues since the Orange league was to small, plus if anyone has to complain about this episode why don't you send hate letters to the writers (if you can do that).

Tempest

Lord of The Storm
I don't get why you people care about him so much. The episodes aren't too fun to watch with him around. I say we dump Ash and get a cooler adn better male lead that isn't some ten-year-old kid. The writers should kick him off, it's really boring. I would prefer somebody who has a brain (not meaning to offend Ash lovers but Ash rearely uses his) like Drew or Brendan. I do not mean to bash Ash but it is getting very boring with him around for so long. TTFN!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Nah, judging by your sig you're just another Brendan fanboy. If you don't like the show, don't watch it.

It's likely that Ash will be here forever, so don't ever expect them to change.

TeddiUrsa

and by the way...we don´t know what´s brandon´s character like. He could be as goofy as ash was back in kanto.
I mean, even Kenta wasn´t that different from ,it seems that male pokemon main charcters are all the same.

I wonder why people want Ash to leave? His strategies are good, he is a GOOD trainer. Get over it people!

Tempest

Lord of The Storm
CC, I like the show, I don't like Ash, I used to like him in Kanto (a little) but from Jhoto he began to suck. TeddiUrsa, using a flying and electric type versus two rock types does not seem smart. I don't really care about their personality as long as they're not an Ash copy off. I like May and the other characters but in my opinion, Ash sucks. If he doesn't get booted off, then he should try and use the big blob between his ears and wisen up. I mainly don't like the fact that all Ash can think about is pokemon battling, he's a trainer I get that but nobody needs to focus on battling all the time. He basically shows that he thinks about battling so much he can't think about anything else. If he has three years of experience, he should show it. I don't mean to offend anybody as this is just my opinion. TTFN!

TeddiUrsa

TeddiUrsa, using a flying and electric type versus two rock types does not seem smart.

Well, he won after all, types aren´t that important in the show. Another Main character won´t change that.

I mainly don't like the fact that all Ash can think about is pokemon battling, he's a trainer I get that but nobody needs to focus on battling all the time. He basically shows that he thinks about battling so much he can't think about anything else. If he has three years of experience, he should show it. I don't mean to offend anybody as this is just my opinion.

I kinda agree with you here, but I´m sure a change of the main character won´t change that attitude/the new one would surely have the same trait, because Pokemon is a long commercial after all and they want their audience to be as excited as Ash is about pokemon. And pokemon is mainly about battles.

It´s the same with other male characters in other animes like Netto in Rockman.exe or that guy from beyblade.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i'm guessing people are too disgusted with this episode to have even watched it, oh well, Seemed alright except for Brock mistaking Hyper Beam with Solarbeam, and Morrison now scares me.

G

Geki

I really liked this battle. It was great, especially the battles with Metagross. I didn't find the battle rushed, but the ending was VERY rushed. Tyson wins and then all of a sudden Mr.Goodshow is giving him the Hoenn Trophy, and then ''To Be Continued''. The animation was well done well, I liked when Pikachu jumped over Metagross's Psychic.

10/10

V Faction

www.faction.com
So it was a mistake with Hyper Beam. When he said Solarbeam I didn't know what the hell he was referring too.

And be sure not to sneeze guys, otherwise you'll miss the Hoenn Lea--*ACHOO*

"....And Tyson wins the Championship!"

Dang!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Geki said:
The animation was well done well...
*Spits out drink*
Pardon me?!?!

Oh, oh! Did they fix Meowth in boots' magically dissappearing mouth? That was SO the best part of this battle.

Last edited:

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
Well someone else mentioned the Solarbeam/ Hyper Beam mistake. Whats with the dubbers lately? Making lots more mistakes. Anyway, its too bad Sceptile and Glalie got knocked out so fast, what a waste of super cool pokemon. Shiftry and Hariyama were ok. I really enjoyed Swellow's battles, what determination. Some of the ways the pokemon got knocked out were annoying like Donphan taking one hit and boom, faint. Why must they rush the battles? Metagross's Psychic looked awesome, bout time it had a different look from Confusion and actually looked like it was doing damage. Meteor Mash had an interesting CG, all those little colorful rocks. During the battle with Meowth and Pikachu Ash told it to use Thunder a few times and Meowth countered with Thunderbolt but the announcer said two Thunderbolts were colliding. Is that a mistake or you think its just easier to say two thunderbolts and not thunder and thunderbolt. I honestly thought Pikachu's Thunder whould have over powered Meowth's Thunderbolt, guess it a strong Meowth. A Thunderbolt from a non Electric pokemon matches up from a STABed Thunder. Well it is the anime after all. Yay Tyson wins the league, good one of the rival characters actually did something besides lose. Awesome eps. Too bad gotta wait two weeks to see the next ep. Stupid KidsWB showing the old contest eps now.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Glalie Vs. Sceptile was pathetic. They got about 5 seconds worth of screen time. Jeez.

YES! Torkoal finally beats Shiftry and gets a win! Too bad it gets KO'd right after to Hariyama. :/

Swellow > Pidgeot. Yes its true.

It took Ash 3 of his Pokemon to beat Metagross, funny how both rivals have the same evoluionary line.

Pikachu Vs. Meowth in boots for the finale, and Pikachu takes the fall.

One thing I found interesting is Ash had a different reaction to each league loss.

Indigo League: Ash cried after he lost to Richie and acted like a sore loser the next day.

Johto league: Ash lowered his head and let his hat cover his eyes, very disappointed.

Hoenn league: Ash is actually proud of his Pokemon, and doesn't really mind taking a loss. Brock even mentions how much pride Ash was feeling.

Is that a great sign of showing how Ash has improved and matured as both a person and a trainer or what?

And yay for Tyson actually winning the entire tournament. I was afraid he'd lost his very next match like all the other rivals in the show.

Ash comes in the Top 8 again, which is not only the same place he came in the Johto league, but also the same place that May came in in the Grand Festival.

I wonder if the writers had both Ash and May come in the top 8 on purpose?

V Faction

www.faction.com
CyberCubed said:
I wonder if the writers had both Ash and May come in the top 8 on purpose?
Even if they did, don't try to pull anything from it please!

---------------

Tyson: Hi, I'm Tyson, and I'll be stealing your Pokemon today!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The irony of this line is amusing:

Brock: There were a lot of great matches here, it almost makes me want to start battling again!

LOL. Oh Brock, who knew you'd fizzle out again as soon as the league ended.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see Brick Break and when Brock mentioned about Hariyama's Thick Fat ability. The battle between Ash and Tyson was awesome. It was funny when...
1. Meowth saw how cool Meowth in Boots was and said, "I gotta get me some boots."
2. When TR's manager blasted them off with a punch, although I thought the single-punch blastoff with Drake was funnier.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I'm sorry, but this battle (like Morrison's) was much too rushed. Then again this whole league was rushed. Did anyone else notice that we missed a whole double battle?

Katie vs. Ash was the best battle of the bunch IMO. Morrison vs. Ash and Tyson vs. Ash should have been longer (as in around 45 min. each). The final battles were much too rushed.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Eh, to me only Sceptile Vs. Glalie was rushed (for obvious reasons, they got like 3 seconds of battle time), the rest was fine. It really is no different than how fast the Ash/Gary and Ash/Harrison matches went in the Johto league.

But yeah, they did skip one of Ash's battles, probably because they wasted that time showing Morrisons battle against the Marowak/Machamp guy.

Both the Grand Festival and Hoenn league should have been about one or two episodes longer. More screentime would have been nice for May/Anthony and Drew/Robert, as well as Ash's missing double battle, and a slightly longer fight against Morrison and Tyson.

V Faction

www.faction.com
What I find to be the problem is the amount of time that went into Ash's other Hoenn League battles compared to the Morrison and Tyson ones. Why couldn't they have gone with a Katie-equivalent? Even the 1-on-1 Pre.Lim. fights seemed long for just a single Pokemon battle.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
V Faction said:
What I find to be the problem is the amount of time that went into Ash's other Hoenn League battles compared to the Morrison and Tyson ones. Why couldn't they have gone with a Katie-equivalent?

Because Katie is a hot girl, and assuming most of the writers are men, they devoted much more screentime to her.

Am I the only one who thinks that Katie should have been Ash's main rival instead of Tyson? Ash really needs a strong female rival for once, she would have fit the bill.