• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Atheist & Agnostic Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyShyGuy

Neo-Geodude
I have no idea what I am. I do believe in God, but I don't really believe in anything else. So what exactly does that make me?

The first post explains the definitions of terms and stuff, better than I would.

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
I have no idea what I am. I do believe in God, but I don't really believe in anything else. So what exactly does that make me?

If you believe in God with a capital "G," the guy who intervenes in the universe to make things happen and answer prayers and pass moral judgements on human behaviors, then you're a theist.

If you believe in some kind of nonspecific lower-case "g" god who is just something like an ultimate intelligence or force, something that started the universe but doesn't interact with it these days, you're a deist.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
If you believe in God with a capital "G," the guy who intervenes in the universe to make things happen and answer prayers and pass moral judgements on human behaviors, then you're a theist.

If you believe in some kind of nonspecific lower-case "g" god who is just something like an ultimate intelligence or force, something that started the universe but doesn't interact with it these days, you're a deist.

I like this.
How clever

Darato

(o,..,o)
So not counting AzukanAsimbu because i already know he does.

Does anyone else watch The Amazing Atheist on YT?

Also to answer what you asked last night on FB about him AzukanAsimbu; this is the nice version of what I want to say

[video=youtube;ZvkjewgF8GQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvkjewgF8GQ[/video]

L.F.D.

7 tyranitars

Also to answer what you asked last night on FB about him AzukanAsimbu; this is the nice version of what I want to say

L.F.D.

It feels so weird for me watching that, because it gets translated to Dutch here :p.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin

L.F.D.

Oh you.

It still amazes me that this is even trying to get passed. It explicitly says that critical thinking excercises will be removed because it undermines fixed beliefs and parental authority.

How could anyone have the mental retardation tot ry and pass this?

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
Can I join?

7 tyranitars

Sure, welcome.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
How can you deny the existence of Arceus??? He created you with his 1000 arms and this is how you repay him?? SINNERS!

7 tyranitars

Don't defy the almight Arceus.

Darato

(o,..,o)
After reading all the posts about masterbating in the chat thread, reminds me of my church going days when I was told it was evil

L.F.D.

7 tyranitars

A friend told me a joke yesterday;

The bible speaks of 40 days and night of rain as hell, here in the Netherlands we call that summer.

Thought I would share that with you.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Does anyone go on reddit?
If yes, then surely you frequent r/atheism.

Ah, I would like to join. I'm not quite sure if I qualify though. I don't believe in God, but I would consider myself a very spiritual person. I believe that there could be something like life after death. You see, I understand how evolution works, and how the big bang theory works, and all these other explanations about how humans and the universe came into existence, and it all sounds very plausible. However, as a single human being witnessing the world on my own, I have this very deep gut feeling that there just has to be something out there. I don't know what that is, or whether he/she/it gives a damn about the lives of ordinary human beings, but I can't help but think there's something out there. I know that when everything is taken into account, that there really is no reason to believe in it, but it's just a feeling. A sense that I can't really overcome. I guess I've always been a person that follows his intuition more than pure logic, and that has its downsides, but I feel it has certain advantages as well.

I'd love to join if you'll have me, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.