• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Atheist & Agnostic Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

opaltiger

Beginning Trainer
No but evolution due to natural selection ,means that everything formed form the most basic form of anything, pure energy.
Groups of atoms gather a consciossness due to the energy in which they are made up of. Single cell'd organisms work and are conscioss,
because of the collective energy in which defines them, thus given them a collective consciousness. That tiny and indisputable example can
be said for many other groups of organisms...

I study evolutionary biology. I can confirm that:

a) evolution by natural selection does most certainly not mean that everything formed from "pure energy";
b) consciousness is an (ill-defined) property of some animals and cannot in any way apply to single-celled organisms, much less atoms;
and c) there is no such thing as a "collective consciousness" in the sense you are using.

If you really want me to I can elaborate. But I suggest you acquire a basic understanding of evolutionary theory before talking about it again.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
I study evolutionary biology. I can confirm that:

a) evolution by natural selection does most certainly not mean that everything formed from "pure energy";
b) consciousness is an (ill-defined) property of some animals and cannot in any way apply to single-celled organisms, much less atoms;
and c) there is no such thing as a "collective consciousness" in the sense you are using.

If you really want me to I can elaborate. But I suggest you acquire a basic understanding of evolutionary theory before talking about it again.

With all do respect i understand basic evolutionary theories well, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that what i'm suggesting isn't exactly along the lines of those theories, though they do encompass parts of it. What i mean to say is, that the energy encased in an molecule, proven to exist due to the theoretical logic of string theory, can explain more than we give it credit for.

The binding force in which physics is currently looking for will not be found, because that binding force comes from the very properties of that energy in which all substances build of, off.

I'm well aware that i sound ludacris and even insain, i'm frankly use to it :)
But, my example of a collective consciousness being present in single cell organisms was their to illustrate that organisms with no known materials that could produce/conceive thought can in-fact work as a collective body to achieve a similar goal.

I don't expect anyone to understand me.. given many people refuse to even consider other possibilities, though the theory that, energy if infact more powerful than people can explain, can explain a number of things.
Science has even managed to release that enormous amount of energy in an atom by splitting it. What i simply suggest is that very energy, has properties in itself which can and could attribute to a number of things..

opaltiger

Beginning Trainer
I don't expect anyone to understand me.. given many people refuse to even consider other possibilities, though the theory that, energy if infact more powerful than people can explain, can explain a number of things.

No one understands you because what you're saying is nonsense. How is energy "more powerful"? How, in fact, is energy different from matter, in your view? More to the point: you're making a very controversial statement. Where's your proof? What are your qualifications? Why do you think you know so much more about energy and its mysterious properties than the rest of us?

Celestial Moth

I never ones did assume that i know any more than anyone else here bro... You yourself made that statement.... the only thing i did was suggest a few things that were and are considered to be an alternate train of thought.... Though given the controversy that it obviously creates, i shouldn't be talking about it or even daring to present alternate logic as to how things exist and i wont given that it agitates soo many people...

opaltiger

Beginning Trainer
I never ones did assume that i know any more than anyone else here bro... You yourself made that statement.... the only thing i did was suggest a few things that were and are considered to be an alternate train of thought.... Though given the controversy that it obviously creates, i shouldn't be talking about it or even daring to present alternate logic as to how things exist and i wont given that it agitates soo many people...

If you have some grounds for believing that your "alternate logic" is correct, then you must know more than I do, because I find it a string of unrelated words and nonsensical statements. But you've just said you don't know more than I do; so am I to conclude you're admitting there are no grounds for your argument?

Perhaps you should stop acting persecuted because people don't accept your "controversial" views and instead give us the tiniest inkling of a reason for believing those views in the first place.

Last edited:

Celestial Moth

If you have some grounds for believing that your "alternate logic" is correct, then you must know more than I do, because I find it a string of unrelated words and nonsensical statements. But you've just said you don't know more than I do; so am I to conclude you're admitting there are no grounds for your argument?

Perhaps you should stop acting persecuting because people don't accept your "controversial" views and instead give us the tiniest inkling of a reason for believing those views in the first place.

I can understand this and to me it sounds like you might actually be interested in the "grounds" of my statements( as i do not argue with anyone), or in at least are interested in the possibilities in which they would imply. Above all grounds, in which i will explain, the key thing that can explain all things is logic and reasoning. Though the fundamental void in all logic and reasoning is the unknown, that unknown is governed by what? The fact that, currently human beings can not explain everything and as a result we dare to assume a lot. I apologize for the for this example as in my eyes it seems cheezey, but many years ago some thought the world was flat... Again the only thing i'm implying by that statement is that, we could all be wrong with our conclusions, and as intellectuals its logical to at least consider that we could be wrong and in fact look for alternate ways to explains things in which some can not..

I NEEDED to say that so you could even in the slightest, understand my reasoning behind my grounds, my grounds for everything in which i said previously is that:
Energy can not be destroyed it can only be re-directed and stored..
And given that fact, evolution ( which also is FACT ) in itself has to be more complex than we can imagine and conceive..
The implication to the statement in which energy can not be destroyed, would mean that it didn't have a begging as it doesn't have an end.
Everything in the universe revolves around singularities such as dark matter( and other dimensionless substances), i believe all forms of energy are also
dimensionless though are at different states of evolution and thus can be attributed to different things..

I'd very much like if you wanted to talk about this further as it gives me the possibility to refine my thoughts on this matter, though this thread isn't the place
as we have been projected of the current topic..

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I wish to join!

About 5 minutes ago, I randomly visited your profile after seeing your comment somwhere, and saw you are an Atheist. And now I check this Club for the first time in some time, and you're just posted there. I found that neat, for some reason.

@Celestial_Moth
Your Signature is effing epic. :D

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
About 5 minutes ago, I randomly visited your profile after seeing your comment somwhere, and saw you are an Atheist. And now I check this Club for the first time in some time, and you're just posted there. I found that neat, for some reason.

@Celestial_Moth
Your Signature is effing epic. :D
It must have been god!... Nah
But yeah, nice coincidence!

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
It must have been god!... Nah
But yeah, nice coincidence!

It was obviously thanks to the Yaoi God. :3

In all seriousness, I love coincidences like that. Welcome here!

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
It was obviously thanks to the Yaoi God. :3

In all seriousness, I love coincidences like that. Welcome here!
Thank you! ^_^
I'm proud to be an Atheist. I was actually brought up Christian because I went to a Christian primary school. When I was 10 I came to my senses.

Darato

(o,..,o)
Great to be back after a month of computer issues and running around. Missed you guys.

Also yesterday going off about how God is mad at us while wearing a shirt. Made me smile

L.F.D.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I'd like to join.

master3019

Me gusta Flygon
I was just wondering... if there was definite proof of a God (which there never will be) would you worship him?

Darato

(o,..,o)
Well the moment I see someone running around as Batman I'd drop down and worship

L.F.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.