• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attachments to pokemon

I got attached to my bulbasaur named leafy.
Every bulbasaur i get, i name leafy!

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I can have attachments and separate them from competitively battling.

rocky505

I love my wartortle in my Leafgreen right now it's at level 31 and I only have two badges.

Rheine

Stabby McStabface
I very rarely replace my Pokemon team. So my current Emerald team consists of Typhlosion, Linoone, Breloom, Pelipper, Gardevoir, and Sableye. They're all caught very early on, except for Pelipper, who I caught before Flannery's gym to make things easier.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Dustie, my female Flygon from back in the early days of Sapphire, who is at level 100 and has been quite useful ever since with her Fly and Dig. Great to bring around for safety in both battling and exploration.

Mojo the Tangrowth is another fave of mine, just because he kicks but.

Padfootismine

Very, especially ones I hve used for a long time. I recently trfed my good Pokes to Platonum, and I am very attached to my Luxray, which is my strongest, and my Staraptor tht has brilliant attack and speed.

Padfootismine

Very, especially ones I hve used for a long time. I recently trfed my good Pokes to Platonum, and I am very attached to my Luxray, which is my strongest, and my Staraptor tht has brilliant attack and speed.

Somewhat. I don't play competitively via Wifi, mainly because I don't HAVE wifi, and if I did I'd probably just hack my Pokemon (LEGAL HACKS, and not make them perfect, and still have hard work to do). So I don't really grow attachment.

I did, however, try and go through the Battle Tower will Torterra, Staraptor and Luxray on my first run-through.

NAEWIG

I dont get that attached, but like to do it, I only get attached to the pokemons that I trained all the way trought the game or that gave much toroubl to get or are of special friends.

Hiyoh

In Saphire, I had my Swampert that was really powerful, Lvl. 100. I always get attached to my starter pokemon. Now I really love my Luxray/Empoleon/Rapidash and Jumpluff :)

Alder

Come at me bro
I don't get emotionally attached per se, I just pick favorites and love to use them. I then pamper them with Proteins and the like. My all-time faves are one of my many Rayquazas, my Aerodactyl, Tauros, every Blastoise, Lucario, Nidoking...then waaaaay back in GSC there was a whole slew of favorites. Pupitar, Dragonair with Extremespeed, Feraligatr, Ariados, Steelix, Machamp, Gengar, Poliwrath, Typhlosion, Togetic, Sneasel, Houndoom...there's a whole bunch.

Neurotic Nuckelavee

Monochromatic Beast
I get attached to some, I usually box quite a few pokemon throughout the game but once I find those special few that have proven themselves worthy in battle time after time I usually get attached to them. If they did well for quite some time but just couldn't keep up later on in the game I'll usually still reserve them a spot in my box of elite pokemon. A few pokemon I've become attached to are; my female Tyranitar Shinu because she served me very well against battles with my friends and was my first lvl 100 pokemon ever, A little Chimecho in my Sapphire version because it somehow managed to defeat Metagross causing me to win the Elite four and my old Politoed from Gold version who was sadly deleted in a trading incident.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I get attached to ALL my pokemon. I've used and raised a majority of the ones I have at one point or another and I also nickname all of them because it makes me feel like they're really mine and different from other trainers pokemon. Some may think I'm crazy but I don't care, they make me happy.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Maybe my Salamence in Pearl/Platinum. He used to be a good offensive Pokemon on my team, but then I realized that it was not EV trained, so I abandoned him and replaced him with a much stronger Garchomp. But I still had to keep Salamence on my team because I needed to fly to other cities, and none of my other good Pokemon knew fly. Eventually, from keeping him on my team for so long, I realized that it was one of the first Pokemon I had on my competitive battling team, and that it was more useful than I thought.

Speaking of useful, I also kind of got attached to my HM Slave, Machamp. It was with me throughout my entire first play through of Pokemon Platinum, but I didn't really care when in an accident he got deleted along with the rest of my pokemon.

Last edited:

uhhhhh

Too sweet
Well, I do like my Ambipom. He's never left my team ever since Diamond. He's currently in my Heart Gold copy right now.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I definetly get sentamental with my pokemon, especially my starter in each game (Torchic, Chikorita mostly) and I always get attached to my HM Slave for some reason (Zigzagoon).

Boy if you didn't know me, you'd think I'd never heard of the Kanto region hehe. RANK UP!