• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attachments to pokemon

skeletor57

Grave Trainer
Do you ever get attached to any pokemon? So much sometimes it intrudes on your competitive play but doesn't matter?

One for example is my Tangrowth, Blood Uggs, I EV trained him and he's at level 61 now (the level i stop at). He's one of my best walls but one thing i forgot is to breed him and get him leech seed. Leech seed would make his moveset PERFECT but i'm just way too attached to him.

Anyone else sacrifice something because they liked a specific pokemon so much?

Godsend Josh

Team Godsends leader
totodile I know it could be a powerful Feraligater but it's my favorite starter so i don't evolve him

Murton

Once you were lost.
No. They're a bunch of pixels, and it's foolish to obtain a bond with them. I once had a Budew, but caught a Roselia to replace it because I needed a pokemon that wouldn't go down at the first hit at the gym. I had to proceed, and I'm not patient enough to walk so much with Budew to let him get attached to me (I was at Hearthome, so I couldn't get to the massage lady and I didn't have berries to raise friendship).

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Yeah... I'm a really sentimental person, so I get attached to my Pokemon, pixelated bundles of numbers in a video game though they may be.

Col. Torterra

IV breeder
I don't really get attached, if a poke I hace doesn't live up to my standards I'll just toss it aside and get a better one.

marto_motoko

Steel Trainer
In my emerald game there's a Kecleon, which now resides in my Platinum. He's always used, and he's my little Thermo, along with his brother, Optic.

Thermo Optic are a good duo. One's my physical attacker, and the other is a priority hit pokemon. Bottom line, I never part with them, even if I do on occassion only stick to Thermo since he's my first and favourite personally bred Kecleon, and I would be devastated if I lost him for any reason.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Do you ever get attached to any pokemon? So much sometimes it intrudes on your competitive play but doesn't matter?

One for example is my Tangrowth, Blood Uggs, I EV trained him and he's at level 61 now (the level i stop at). He's one of my best walls but one thing i forgot is to breed him and get him leech seed. Leech seed would make his moveset PERFECT but i'm just way too attached to him.

Anyone else sacrifice something because they liked a specific pokemon so much?

The first Pokemon I EV trained was a Gengar I got it to level 100 then realized I had the wrong nature, I wasn't going to start over for a while. However in the end I EV trained a new which I like even better.

Milotic, is my all time favorite. I remember catching it on a Friday night around 6-7 ish, and immediately calling my friend. Well it was a Feebas at the time mind you, and I obtained this in the original kind of way---as in I surfed around and fished on this lake for hours till I found one of the few tiles you could find a Feebas in. I was so thrilled to find this Pokemon, I was the only one of the Pokenerds I knew that had one as well. To make it even better, the very next day the Pokemon episode where Ash battled Juan's Milotic was on...it was perfect.

Ever since I have always obtained a Feebas and evolved it to Milotic (After like 1000 couplings in the Day Care I got it to learn Mirror Coat) for every game. I'm actually in high school right now, so for me, Milotic is a way to look back into the past. My salad days I suppose, it has a sentimental meaning to me.

Anything capable of making fond memories is worth my time, at least. I guess that's why I still play, for the memories.

:) And that is why Milotic has been my favorite Pokemon.

"Ah, my salad days. When I was green in judgement."

rocky505

My Gallade I caught on my japanease Platinum I never took it off my team and I got it all the way to level 100.

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
Years ago, I had a mudkip, it was in both emerald and ruby. I evolved it to a Swampert. I even beat both E4s with it but sadly my file got erased and i lost it. i still cry about it everyday

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Politoed in my Silver Version. I started training it, and it became my personal favorite Pokemon. I can't wait to train a Competitive Politoed.

Ivysaurus

ONYXceptable
ATM, that's how I am with my Ivysaur, I have him SP ATT EV'd and I love winning every match in the battle frontier with Him. One reason is because IVYSAUR is my favorite pokemon.

2Percent-Miltank

.::dreamwalker::.
Well, I tend to only use the Pokemon I really like, so of course I feel attached to them. I really just get attached to my Pokemon after having them for a long period of time and training them to high levels. We've been through a lot and it makes it very hard to give up my Pokemon, especially if I'm itching to start a new game or something.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Yer.
Sometimes I plead/bribe my pokemon to win. Strangely, it works. Normally. >_>

Illusione-Tempus

I'm attached to my Milotic all the time. At Sapphire, I accidentally found a Feebas tile and I caught one. I managed to evolve it into Milotic and she has never left my party.

Then at Pearl. Since I can't transfer Pokemon, I have to catch myself another Feebas at Pearl. So I fished, got inpatient, randomly mashed the cursors, fished, and turned out to be a Feebas tile. I managed to catch a Rash Feebas and evolved it with enough patience to plant and cook Pamtre berries. As soon as I got Platinum, I transferred Milotic and got her to lv 100 there. Then HeartGold came out. I managed to get a copy and I transfered her to HG and she hasn't left my party. Pearl --> Platinum --> HeartGold... I'm too attached xP

But now I've grown attached to another Pokemon, and it's my female Togekiss in HG. It was the egg from Prof. Elm, ain't I lucky? :3

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
In D/P, it was my Shinx/Luxio/Luxray. I caught it at level 4 and it became my little baby...that eventually grew up into a monster. >XD It's a staple of my team forever.