• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attachments to pokemon

hitoshura0

I have 2. There is my newest of my EV trained Tyranitars named Jezebel with an Adamant nature(first T-Tar I've ever had with that nature), Dragon Dance and 28 Attack IVs. His attack stat is an even 400, the first time I've ever had a non-HP stat that high. The second is my paraflinch Togekiss named Mokona I caught over deployment. It took me a month of chaining the little guy to show up, but it was worth it. He also swept Dahlia for my first frontier emblem in Platinum, thanks to the opposing player's guys being Paralyzed. It's still my Recorded video.

Pokemon_Master 425

No. They're a bunch of pixels, and it's foolish to obtain a bond with them. I once had a Budew, but caught a Roselia to replace it because I needed a pokemon that wouldn't go down at the first hit at the gym. I had to proceed, and I'm not patient enough to walk so much with Budew to let him get attached to me (I was at Hearthome, so I couldn't get to the massage lady and I didn't have berries to raise friendship).

its not about beating the game, its about the quest....

anyway...i loved my blastoise since leafgreen, transferred him to pearl, transferred him to platnium, and now planning to transfer him to SS!!!!

rook09

Of science.
I have gotten attactched to my zangoose on ruby and the nidoking on my leafgreen.

WhereIsMyWonderland

Poison Master
Ooh! I've been attached to skunks since I was really little because of a dream I had involving a palm-sized female skunk whose name was Charlotte, and she could TALK. Now I've got a female Skuntank named Charlotte and I never let her go.

GyaradosTrainer221

Dragon Training Girl
I was always attached to my Gyarados and my Scyther. Both of them were my sacred partners, and are still my sacred partners. At one point they were both higher than my starter, which I always kept at the highest level. I didn't raise them from eggs, either. They have both beaten several trainers! I love them to death and would never trade them for anything. By the way, I raised a Level 4 Magikarp into my Gyarados. ;)

magic_eevee

When totodile attack
I've always been attached to Ninetales - in all of the pokemon games that i've been able to get my mits on (ha!). But out of all of them... it would have to be Bailey - my level 85 Ninetales from my Platinum game... I love it so much...

Grei

not the color
I'm very attached to Torterra. I recently leveled up my Torterra on my Diamond file to Level 100, and while I want to train other Pokemon, it bugs me not to use him.

Which is why I'm trading a Turtwig over to my HeartGold once I get it. I'll be able to raise a Torterra alongside my first Starter, Totodile. :3 I also get the feeling I'll be attached to my entire HG team. Especially Gliscor.

Other than that... I've been attached to different Pokemon at different times. I loved my Lucario and Gastrodon on my Diamond file. In Emerald, I was attached to my Swampert. In my Crystal file, I was attached to my Suicune and my Scizor (before it was erased...).

I don't think it's wrong to be attached to a bunch of pixels. It lets you enjoy the game more, I think.

Last edited:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Yes, that's how I form my team. My team in each of my games consists of the pokemon who I "befriend", and find myself using the most. For this reason, a lot of members on my team are pokemon caught early in the game, and HM users.

I've never been a big fan of the whole raise a competitive team thing. It's probably a mix of my being a fan of the underdog (the pokemon which are useful competitively are the ones everyone uses, and thus kind of a bore) and my being too "casual" a player to really work hard on a foolproof team for battling.

1PokemonAddict

Experienced Trainer
I'm very attached to my Togekiss.. haha.

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
I have 2. A lv 50 something Roselia and a Flygon. I caught the Roselia as Budew very early in the game that I started on the day Pearl version came out and the Flygon was the only Pokemon that I still have that beat Elite Four in Ruby.

Mr.Nightmare

Attached? Hmmm...well I guess you could say that I'm that way about Venusaur. I ALWAYS have him as my lead in each game I start. Dunno why. I just love Venusaur. He'll be used in Soul Silver also. Yep, guess I'm attached to my Venusaur now named "Rahzar" on my Platinum. He's ready to go to Johto : )

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Well my first attachment (That I can remember, Red and Blue came out when I was about 1, so I didn't play much until the weeks following the release of Silver and Gold about 4-5 years later) was too Feraligatr in Silver. My first Eemerald team, can't remember who, I pal parked. My latest Emerald team, again can't remember, every Milotic I have, My last Fire Red team, pal parked and a fairly common team Venasaur, Charizard, Pidgeot, Balstoise, Alakazam (My strongest pokemon ever 76), and Nidoqueen all in the 70's. Also my latest Platinum team still have 3 badges to go.

MidnightMag

Burning Star
I am most attached to my Espeon <3. It nature might not be the best (mild) but it near perfect Sp.Att and Speed IV make up for it. and it just to darn cute :p.

Cutty

Forever now
I'm always attached to Crobat. I have like 10 crobats from prev. games. I always use it on every new game.

It's not easy to raise a Crobat from a zubat. But I'm used to it.
I will use Crobat again for US HG/SS n gen 5 games as long as there are Zubats around.

hawaiian ale

zapdos master hoo ra
My zapdos has nvr left me evr since the original red itz seems like only yesterday i was in the power plant just training my nidoking then i saw zapdos flaping its wings just waiting for me to talk to him

jupitol

Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^
I'm actually surprised by how many people don't actually seem to care about their teams...
I love all my teams, though some more than others (especially one team in Emerald that I lost (I still regret) and my Diamond team.)
My Diamond team have fully integrated themselves into existence and assimilated their personalities, and I'd NEVER give them up. Ever.

Maybe it's because I've never been a competitive battler, maybe some people just don't use their imagination to make the pokemon MORE than just pixels, maybe it's because I'm just completely insane (seriously. You won't find a friend of mine who denies that), but I find my Team, and I don't let them go. Sometimes there'll be a gap in my team for a long time (even if other pokemon are caught, they're just deposited), but once their place is taken, no other will ever claim it.

Also, just recently, with my Pearl game (in which I have a party of six and a team of three*) I somehow grew vastly attatched to one of my HM-slaves (a bibrael), which is... truly shocking, as I generally think that they're really stupid looking. She's just... different to the other bibrael now (even if she looks just as stupid). It's the first time that's happened to me... mind you, it's also the first time that I've constantly carried one around with me and actually trained it, but even at the point that I started training her (when she was a bidoof. Bibrael learns more HMs) I was growing attached…

(* read: I carry six pokemon, but only three ever get used in battle- three team members, two HM-slaves, one pokemon that I'm too lazy to deposit (Besides, it's been there longer than any, save my starter)(also, I just find it amusing to walk around with an arceus in my party)

WhereIsMyWonderland

Poison Master
Yes, that's how I form my team. My team in each of my games consists of the pokemon who I "befriend", and find myself using the most. For this reason, a lot of members on my team are pokemon caught early in the game, and HM users.

I've never been a big fan of the whole raise a competitive team thing. It's probably a mix of my being a fan of the underdog (the pokemon which are useful competitively are the ones everyone uses, and thus kind of a bore) and my being too "casual" a player to really work hard on a foolproof team for battling.
I'm the same way. Whenever I have a team, it's always full of HM users and my starter (who's always at the highest level/in first, mind you) and sometimes a random sixth.

I'm actually surprised by how many people don't actually seem to care about their teams...
Me too! Is this not a pokémon-lovers' forum?

treespyro

Vintage much?
Never did really because teams change, I mean why be attached.

WhereIsMyWonderland

Poison Master
I had a Delcatty named Josephine in my Ruby version a few months ago, and I got pretty attached to her because I felt like her name was perfect for her. But when it came right down to transfering all my pokémon to Diamond, she had to stay behind because stat-/move-wise, she was inferior to all the rest at the time. Then I restarted in Ruby again. I lawled was sad.