• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attachments to pokemon

Mykonos

I'm actually somewhat of a sensitive guy, so despite the fact that these are just pieces of code in a video game, I do find myself obtaining some attachments to certain Pokemon.

It's generally a Starter Pokemon, as, well, they help start the journey. If it was a good journey, more attachment.

Also, the Mareep-Flaffy-Ampharos line. I still have my first Ampharos on Pokemon Stadium 2.

skeletor57

Grave Trainer
i tried releasing a croagunk and it came back, i thought it was a sign and trained it even though i didn't like it's nature and later i found out it's only cause you can't release pokemon with HMs...but we're way too close now

WhereIsMyWonderland

Poison Master
i tried releasing a croagunk and it came back, i thought it was a sign and trained it even though i didn't like it's nature and later i found out it's only cause you can't release pokemon with HMs...but we're way too close now
I didn't know that, I thought it was just because of the attachment you've developed. Like if the pokémon really loved you and you tried to release it, it would come back immediately. Had no idea it was the HM doing it. :\

Last edited:

jupitol

Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^
Actually, once I accidentally caught an oddish or two in Emerald. They got sent straight to my box, but when I tried to release one of them (AFTER I released the other one)... it kept coming back.
So... no, it's not entirely about HMs, actually

Last edited:

tharjaandme

Trash Mainer
I'm anticipating an attachment to the shiny Glaceon that I'm trying to get at the moment.
Aside from that, I don't think I'm qualified to claim that I get attached to pokemon easily. Usually if I do it doesn't last too long.

tharjaandme

Trash Mainer
I'm anticipating an attachment to the shiny Glaceon that I'm trying to get at the moment.
Aside from that, I don't think I'm qualified to claim that I get attached to pokemon easily. Usually if I do it doesn't last too long.

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
I have a Yanmega right now that i have a strong attachment to. I trained her since she was a yanma and its only because of her that i was able to beat champion cynthia.

Rakarei

EXCELSIOR
Torrents, the super awesome Blastiose from my Red Version. Single handedly took the Elite Four at level 61.

Lukef555

† Budding RNGer†
On my old emerald it was my rayquaza and blastoise, blastoise has always been my favorite pokemon and those 2 had been through so many games of me and my friends but they were originally mine. When i sold that emerald i lost them and i regret it like hell. But not im raising a new blastoise and im already getting kind of a attached to it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Do you ever get attached to any pokemon? So much sometimes it intrudes on your competitive play but doesn't matter?

Anyone else sacrifice something because they liked a specific pokemon so much?

I've had attachments to some Pokemon (emotionally) but I've never really let it get in my way. During the few times that I've battled competitively, I had tried to add my favorite Pokemon (in this case it was Eevee) but I realized that it wasn't suited for battle so I never used it.

I've never sacrificed something because of a specific Pokemon, but I might have done so if I liked a Pokemon so much I couldn't bear to travel without one. So far, I've yet to meet such a Pokemon. Eevee's cute but it's not everything to me :)

umbreon_shadow27

Dark Trainer
My sceptile from ruby will always be my favorite.It was my first pokemon.When I get HG I plan to transfer it from pal park.

LucienKaftan

Aspiring author.
My Magneton from Sapphire. Beat the Elite Four, and won the Master Rank Cool contest with it.

RichRI322

Gengar was my favorite for years and years until the newer generations came out. I still love his Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo moveset. It's the best.

7 tyranitars

my tyranitar from my silver game, then someon erased my game.. but still I feel his spirit alive when ever I have a new tyranitar

I just love my Platinum team, but especially my Lucario and Starraptor, i don't know why but they just both seem to always dominate in double battles when they're together. It'll be interesting to see what team i make in HG or SS and i'l prolly get attatched to them too

Profesco

gone gently
I always form an attachment to the starter of my team. It always has to be a few levels above everyone else, and it always gets first choice of item. I often try to choreograph my important battles so that my starter gets a significant win (i.e: Gym Leader's signature Pokemon).

I also got attached to my own signature Pokemon, my shiny Umbreon. A good while ago, I used it on a great many teams for a great many different wi-fi battles. Lately, however, I've not been as confident in my battling skills, and so Umbreon hasn't seen much action. I'm so concerned that it won't be able to handle the threats I send it in on that I've been passing it up in favor of more solid choices, like Blissey, Dusknoir, or Lanturn.

*sigh* I need more confidence. u_u

*sigh* I need more confidence. u_u

Yes, you do, my friend. It's possible to pull a win off with any kind of Pokemon if you put your mind to it.

I've always had a strong bond with my Buneary and Lopunny, them being my favourite Pokemon. I once even managed to take out Maylene's Lucario with my very first Buneary ever. Since then, Buneary and Lopunny have stolen my heart, and I plan to train a better competitive one quite soon.