• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack Face-Off V 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

H@UNT3R

Gaze From Beyond
My vote goes to.............................................................................................................................................Grasswhistle!

C

Cabose

I vote for Grasswhistle, because sing doesn't really work that often, in my Ruby version, I don't know why...

-Rayquaza-

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for Crasswhistle, because sing doesn't really work that often.

It is Grasswhistle, and they both have equal accuracy 55%.

C

Cabose

Cloud Strife said:
It is Grasswhistle, and they both have equal accuracy 55%.

Yeah, I geuss I wasn't thinking straight. In my ruby version I never use sing, cause it always fails...

-Rayquaza-

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Well, voting over! Final score :

SING - 2
GRASSWHISTLE - 5

Well, I'm not doing a good job of picking the winners here, am I? I do like the idea of Crasswhistle. :p Perhaps that's the instrument used to make background music on American sitcoms! :D

Now, onto the next Face-Off. I was going to do this as just a regular Face-Off but then I remembered the existence of Iron Defense, so this is now a three way Face-Off!!!

ACID ARMOR VS. BARRIER VS. IRON DEFENSE

All three moves are stat enhancing moves which boost your Defense by two stages. Different contest effects and types although they all have the same amount of Appeal and Jam points. I'm not sure of PP but I'm sure you guys can figure it out if you want. I vote for Acid Armor because of Muk. And I can see which may win thanks to Vaporeon... Anyway, commence voting!

zsun_44

Banned
Acid Armour

C

Cabose

I vote for Iron defense.
I voted for Iron Defense, for aron :)

-Rayquaza-

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Hmmm...thinking of this logically....Acid Armor (especially on Poison Pokemon like Muk) is quite useless...especially when theres a Psychic and such about as it doesn't raise their much needed Sp. Defence, as well as Barrier can be broken with a simple Brick Break so I'm gonna go with Iron Defence...Steel Pokemon are known for their GODLY defence (well...most of them...) so why not increase a stat that is already REALLY good on you? It'll just make things worse for your opponent. As well as if you use it a few times you may be able to stand up against the super effective Fighting Types...:)

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Acid Armor - 2 (I know as an Aussie I should spell it "armour", but it looks strange)
Iron Defence - 2
Barrier - 0

Um, Barrier can't be defeated by Brick Break I don't think. That's Reflect you're thinking of, but we won't talk about that here. That's for a future face-off... Also, Muk has a much higher Sp. Def. than Def. so AA (no, not Alcoholics Anonymous...) is great on it.

More votes please! Hmmm, where are TD and Cloud Strife???

M

MártonDrake

I vote for iron defense. It is cool and steel Pokemon are good with dis "attack"

More votes please! Hmmm, where are TD and Cloud Strife???

Wow, me and Taiwanese dude are so known we will vote, that people are asking where we are at, I am so touched, (mumbles incoherently some more) Uh... back to topic, I like Barrier the most, but now that BB is so popular, it is kind of decreased in usefullness, so my vote goes to AA (possibly because of the AA joke that Rejura no Chichi made :D) over iron defense. AA really helped Muk in his hayday, and Vaporeon in its, both are not nearly as good as they once were though.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Acid Armor - 3
Iron Defence - 3
Barrier - 0

OK, can someone please tell me, does BB decrease Barrier's usefulness? I thought it was a stat change and they couldn't undo it without Haze and such. Oh well.

MORE VOTES PLEASE!

It does not decrease its usefulness, it decimates it usefulness, when it is hit by Brick Break the Barrier shatters.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OK. Ta luv. :p And yes, you and TaiwaneseDude are that well known I knew you two would be voting soon. Well, I assume he will, when he's next online.

T

TaiwaneseDude

Ruujura no Chichi said:
OK. Ta luv. :p And yes, you and TaiwaneseDude are that well known I knew you two would be voting soon. Well, I assume he will, when he's next online.

AWw, that's so nice!

Yeah, of course I'll vote for a fellow friend's face-off!

I vote for Acid ARmor, because I love Vaporeon!

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OK. Face-Off over! Final score:

ACID ARMOR - 5
BARRIER - 0
(hehe, poor thing...)
IRON DEFENCE - 4

Well, that was quite a good one methinks. Also, I do feel sorry for Barrier. It seems rather unpopular. At least I finally backed a winner! Now, onto Face-Off number 4:

AROMATHERAPY VS. HEAL BELL

Yes, both these moves negate all status effects of every monster in your team. They both have the same base and max PP. They both have the same contest effects and the same amount of appeal/jam points. The only differences are the animations, the battle types, the contest types and the Pokemon who can learn them. My vote is for Aromatherapy. I think it not only makes more sense for a soothing fragrance to help your Pokemon (as opposed to a bell...), but the animation is nicer and, well, although I'm a male, I'm a sucker for pretty pink things. Go figure! Anyhow, vote away!

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Aromatherampy! DEFINETLY!!!!! In R/S whn I was raising a Vileplume I went to the Move Re-Learner as I was curious about this "Aromatherapy" attack and when my Vileplume used it in a battle I was in awe...its probably one of the most BEAUTIFUL animations in the games...I absolutely love it...I can wait till it comes in the anime...will it be completely different from the animation (as Heal Bell is?) Cant Wait!!! :D

I vote Heal Bell, (because they are identical, this is all I have to go on) because it was the first of the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.