• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack Face-Off V 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsun_44

Banned
Heal bell has more pp

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
No it doesn't. They both have a base PP of five and a max PP of eight. I was going to put up a tally but I'm not sure, zsun_44, were you voting for Heal Bell or just making a comment?

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Well, if I count zsun_44's comment as being that of a vote for Heal Bell, then the current score is:

AROMATHERAPY - 2
HEAL BELL - 3

More votes please!

Saya

Member for 15 years
I vote Heal Bell. Miltank can learn it and I like Miltank! Or more specifically, its call. MOOOOOOO! ^_______________^

C

Cabose

I vote for Heal bell.
Miltank can learn it, like what Saya said.

-Rayquaza-

zsun_44

Banned
damn heal bell does have 5pp...now where did i get that 10pp info from??? :S

yea i voted for heal bell anyway

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Alright, it's time to move on I think. Final score :

AROMATHERAPY - 2
HEAL BELL - 5

Gee, I'm not doing a good job of picking the winners. I have a 25% success rate at the moment. Yeesh! Next face-off, bit of a strange one but as always I'll explain.

METRONOME VS. ASSIST

Now, I know it doesn't make sense straight away, does it? But they're both surprise moves where you don't know what's going to happen. Metronome will randomly pick any move and use it (except, of course Metronome. That would just be silly) whereas Assist will pick any random move from your team members only. See, it made some sort of attempt at sense when I explained it, didn't it? Now, my vote is for Metronome. It's just I have a Kanto bias and this move was available since the very first games (where it was in TM form!!!) and come on, it's fun putting Snorlax and Golem against each other for a Metronome battle. That is, until someone explodes and ruins the fun...

zsun_44

Banned
i vote metronome, because it gives a bigger surprise

C

Cabose

What zsun said. I had a level five togepi that defeated Chucks Poliwrath by using thunder punch.
Of course the Poliwrath had low health.

-R-

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Hmm...Metronome has more variety but with Assist at least you know what attacks you're dealing with. Also, sometimes when you really need a good hit and you put all your trust in Metronome, it choses Harden or something like that (true experience in Lg) but I'm going with Metronome because I like a surprise and sometimes you get a REALLY good attack at the perfect time! YAYNESS!!!

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Hmm. I knew Metronome would go good but after just 21 minutes the current tally :

METRONOME - 4
ASSIST - 0

More votes please people.

After another 21, (at least accoriding to my computer clock) it is 5-0
I vote Metronome.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
What? After all this time no more votes? Usually there's a fair number of votes overnight! Anyway, I doubt Assist is going to be able to pull away so I should probably close this. I was going to leave it open but Metronome will definitely blitz it. Final score:

METRONOME - 5
ASSIST - 0

Well, at least I picked the winner that time. I was going to go with Assist because it's Japanese name means "the cat's hand" and it can be taught to Drowzee and Spinda, who aren't cats... Anyway, onto the next face-off:

ROLLOUT VS. ICE BALL

Both are essentially the same move, just one is Rock and the other, Ice. They start off weak then double in power as they go along making for an almighty 5th attack if they last that long. My vote is for Rollout because of Miltank although I can see a lot of votes for Ice Ball because of Mudkip and Spheal lines... VOTE! NOW!

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I vote rollout cuz ice ball can't be powered up by anything.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Oh really?I didn't know that...but still rollout pwns ice ball typewise.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Hmm...you do realise that Rock Blast would be a better choice if you were going for similarity but I'm going with Rollout because you could teach it to SO many pokemon in G/S/C (As it was a TM) it also does more damage and Miltank and the Marill line can use it! ^_^ YAYNESS!!!

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Why would Rock Blast be better for comparison? Ice Ball and Rollout are essentially the same move, just different types...

Anyway, current tally :

ROLLOUT - 3
ICE BALL - 0

Powerful_Blaziken88

Rollout because all pokemon who learn rollout learn defense curl, or at least most of them do, noone learns iceball and defense curl. rollout gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.