• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack Face-Off V 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Regimech

Night Shade hands down.

Also, for another face off idea, try Eruption vs Water Spout

Seismic toss, because it is better on the show. On another note, lick did damage in the first games, so there was one ghost move that did damage.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Darkest.Sneasel, you changed your name! :eek: I'm shocked, I don't know what to say (for once). Nice name. Is funky. :p Regimech, you meanie! You gave away my idea. Thanks to the fact I caught my sexy new Mavis (see sig) only six hours ago, I decided to do Eruption Vs. Water Spout next. You guessed before I even hinted. Oh well, that's not yet the face-off. It's still Night Shade versus Seismic Toss...

Current tally:

NIGHT SHADE - 4
SEISMIC TOSS - 2

Not surprised how this is turning out... VOTE! MAVIS COMMANDS YOU!

EDIT - Had to change tally because Cloud Strife's vote got in just before my post... Forgot about Lick. Silly me.

Last edited:
Darkest.Sneasel, you changed your name! I'm shocked, I don't know what to say (for once). Nice name. Is funky.

Current tally:

NIGHT SHADE - 4
SEISMIC TOSS - 2

Not surprised how this is turning out... VOTE! MAVIS COMMANDS YOU!

EDIT - Had to change tally because Cloud Strife's vote got in just before my post...

Fastest Poster in all the west, I am Cloud Strife. I like the Eruption Water Spout Idea too, but it is your face-off, so, don't mind me.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
It's even funnier now! I went back and re-edited my post but that was after you already quoted what I had there previously! Oh, what a wacky world!

EDIT (9:56 am) - Well, for over twelve hours now no-one has voted so I think it's time to close this face-off. Final score:

NIGHT SHADE - 4
SEISMIC TOSS - 2

Gee, noly six votes. Not too many, hey? Anyway, next face-off (but everyone already knew this):

ERUPTION VS. WATER SPOUT

Both are the strongest moves of their types but will decrease in power should the user's HP lower. I vote for Eruption for the folowing reasons:
a) although I'll never teach it to her, Mavis is able to learn it
b) it is available to three final-stage evolutions (Groudon, Camerupt and Torkoal) whereas Water Spout is available only to Wailord and Kyogre (and Wailmer but almost everyone will evolve it). Personally I'm not a big fan of either move but they make for a good face off.

MAVIS COMMANDS YOU TO VOTE NOW!!!!!

Last edited:

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Ruujura no Chichi said:
Darkest.Sneasel, you changed your name! :eek: I'm shocked, I don't know what to say (for once). Nice name. Is funky. :p

lol...thanks! I realised that I had an undying Love for Torchic. Sneasel is still my favourite Pokemon but now he kinda shares the spotlight with Torchic ^_^o

Anywhays, I didn't know that you'd updated but here I am!!! :D I vote for Eruption...since they are EXACTLY the same except for type I'm going on game animation for this vote...Water Spout is just your pokemon shoots a couple of water droplets in the air and it showers on the foe but Eruption the screen turns red and your pokemon jumps up and down as molten rocks spew from it and crush your opponent....way cool! GO ERUPTION!!! Oh...and how do you know your Shiny Groudon is a girl if it is Genderless, Ruujura?

zsun_44

Banned
water spout!!! water can put out fire LoL

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OK. Current tally:

ERUPTION - 2
WATER SPOUT - 1

Kawaiiest.Torchic (feels strange calling you that...), you wanted to know how I know my Groudon is female? Well, you should know by know that despite my being male, I have a certain penchant for the female Pokemon. I don't like how all legendaries save the Latis are genderless so I decided both Groudon and Kyogre are female. It's like this (in my opinion) :

Articuno, Moltres, Suicune, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Latias and Deoxys are all female. Yes, I said Deoxys... The rest I believe to be male (especially Mewtwo and Latios). I also decided to give the legendaries "old-people" names and knew I would catch a shiny as well as regular version of all the legendaries I could. Groudon will be either Doris (regular) or Mavis (shiny) and Kyogre will be either Ethel (regular) or Beryl (shiny). Haven't thought of the rest yet...

Last edited:
I vote for Water Spout, because Kyogre uses it much better than Groudon uses Eruption.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I vote water spout cuz i like water types and water type attacks...plus i like kyogre.

zsun_44

Banned
i vote waterspout

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OMG! Cloud Strife, you resurrected my dead Face-Off! Yay for you! Well, I guess I'll keep it going as they seem to still be popular. Especially the Shiny Face-Off my good twin is running! Final score:

ERUPTION - 2
WATER SPOUT - 3

zsun_44, you voted twice but seeing as though your first vote was back in July I don't mind. :p Next face-off is:

BONE CLUB VS BONE RUSH VS. BONEMERANG

A bit strange, but they are all Cubone-line exclusive moves which involve bones. *blushes* Now, my vote is for Bonemerang because it is a higher base power and hits twice. I generally don't like moves like Bone Rush (Fury Swipes, Rock Blast, Doubleslap) and Bone Club is just dull. MAVIS COMMANDS YOU TO VOTE NOW!!!

Last edited:

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
GLAD TO SEE THE ATTACK FACE-OFF BACK IN ACTION!!!! Now all we need is TaiwaneseDude's Face-Off's for a complete Face-Off resurection! Hmmm....why did you blush when saying "that has to do with bones" Ruujura? :p

Anywhays I also vote for Bonemerange...because I like the name, it hits twice (which means it does more damage than Bone Club) AND its better than Bone Rush too. Whats the point in Bone Rush anyways? Its a weaker version of Bonemerange that may hit 5 times....wow...everyone wants Bone Rush! :rolleyes:

[size=+2]Ruujura, your PM folder is full....can you empty it please?[/size]

Last edited:

zsun_44

Banned
zsun_44, you voted twice but seeing as though your first vote was back in Jult I don't mind. Next face-off is:
omg! i cant believe i voted twice.. well i guess i forgot that i voted already... XD

anyway i vote for bone rush

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
I vote for Bone Rush I just like it more then the other two attacks don't know why.

I vote for Bonemerang, I don't like any 2-5 moves except Clamp, and no one seems to like Bone Club

Off Topic, anyone know what happened to Taiwanese Dude?

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Current tally:

BONE CLUB - 0
BONE RUSH - 2
BONEMERANG - 4

I'll leave this open for a little bit more but not too much longer. If I don't get any more votes though, I'll just edit this post so make sure to keep looking. Oh, as for TaiwaneseDude, I don't know his current situation but he was on a couple weeks ago saying he had computer troubles so he was unable to keep on here. Maybe it's still broken and he can't afford repair costs or something. I hope nothing has happened to him... *gulp*

K.T, I blushed because, if you didn't know, the word bone sort of has a second naughty meaning... Think about it... :p By the way, MY PM BOX IS EMPTY NOW!!! :p

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Ruujura said:
K.T, I blushed because, if you didn't know, the word bone sort of has a second naughty meaning... Think about it...:p

Ehehehe....I know what you meant Ruujura...note the ":p" after the "what do you mean by bone?" I'm 15...I know these things....every 15 year old should O.O;;;; Just thought I'd tell you that so no one thinks I'm a naive pretty boy (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.