• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack Face-Off V 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bide is great, on certain Pokemon, Rock Tomb sucks on all Pokemon, and you already did the two Misty TM's. BB and WP.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Current tally:

BIDE - 3
ROCK TOMB - 0

Didn;t think Rock Tomb would get many votes but it'll stay open until tomorrow. See, the Misty TMs were in Attack Face-Off (the original) run by Taiwanese Dude, not this one run by me from the word go! I wonder should I skip over the Misty TMs (I can't remember who won anyway) or should I redo her TMs because it drives me nuts not being able to stick to an order? I know, I'm incredibly anal and pedantic when it somes to things like that...

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
I guess Bide....I've NEVER EVER out of all the times I've restarted R/S used Rock Tomb...I just didn't need it...plus for the cost of 2 turns you get an all out super powered attack! YAY!!! Oh and I dont think you need to do Misty's TM's...I'm pretty sure Water Pulse one because of the convienence(sp?) of Confusing compaired to lowering Speed...

Last edited:

zsun_44

Banned
i vote for bide

Darn, one face-off late!! I wanted to vote in the OHKO faceoff(you know what I'd vote for:p). Anyway, I vote Rock Tomb. It was great on my Sceptile and it helped get rid of those pesky Fire types. Even if it didn't take 'em down, it lowered the Fire type's speed enough for my next Poke'mon to finish the job. Rock Tomb is so much better than an attack that decimates your chance of winning by waiting 3 turns to attack.

GardevoirMaster

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
I like Rock Tomb better b/c Bide is pointless if your up against a Wobuffet, or Pokemon that have stat changing/effects moves. Rock Tomb is helpful b/c it lowers speed

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I guess bide cuz if u use it on the right pokemon it can be effective.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OK Let's wrap this up now! Final socre:

BIDE - 7
ROCK TOMB - 2

Yes, Rock Tomb can be good on Sceptile but it is such a crappy attack I;m waiting for FRLG to get Rock Slide on Sceptile! Anyway, I digress. Seeing as though Kawaiiest.Torchic remembers Water Pulse won in the previously held Misty TMs, we'll go straight onto the Lt. Surge TMs.

THUNDERBOLT VS. SHOCK WAVE

One is a high powered always accurate (unless your opponent changes your accuracy or their evasiveness). The other is a moderately powered attck which always hits regardless of stat changes. My vote is for Thunderbolt because I don't seem to meet that many evaders or accuracy changers. Also, a slight note - I'm not going to include either Erika's or Koga's TMs in these face-offs because Giga Drain has every advantage over Mega Drain (bar PP) so it is pointless holding the Erika Face-Off. As for Koga, he gives away the exact same TM (TM06) with the exact same move (Toxic) in either of the three games (well, it's that chick in GS) so it seems silly having a Toxic VS. Toxic face-off. Agreed?

zsun_44

Banned
my vote goes to thunderbolt too. i use it more often

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
I vote for Thunderbolt. Always hits (unless if stat change) and 95 attack damage...its an awesome Electric Attack and its used in many movesets. Shock Wave is handy for its "always hits" effect but only does 60 damage. GO THUNDERBOLT!!!!

T-bolt, this will be a no-contest.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Yeah. I was considering of skipping over it like I will to the Erika TMs but I thought Shock Wave might have some merits (neverfail hit) to keep it afloat but it seems not to at the moment. Oh well, we'll see in the morgen...

EDIT - Well, no-one seems to want to vote on this one. DAMN! I wish I had've thought of the Shiny Face-Off or Legendary Face-Off! Kawaiiest.Torchic and Cloud Strife seem to have all the luck! :p

Final score:

THUNDERBOLT - 4
SHOCK WAVE - 0

It seems to be only the regulars voting on that one... Well, next Face-Off:

PSYCHIC VS. CALM MIND

Yes, it's the Sabrina TMs Face-Off. Interestingly enough, my vote is for Calm Mind. I do this because most of the Pokemon who can wield Psychic effectively (I'm sure there's one I'm forgetting and you'll all let me know) learn it naturally so the TM, while appearing in all three generations, seems a bit pointless to me. I like Calm Mind. It is good for Special Sweepers and Special Tanks, although Amnesia is better for the latter. I know the move has certainly made Kyogre hard to capture for some people (myself not included. My Swellow helped me catch it...). MAVIS COMMANDS YOU TO VOTE NOW! ;383; GRRR!

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Ehehehe...yes it is true that the Shiny Face-Off is booming *gloats* But they're all voting for Shiny Pidgeot! *smites all* Anywhays, what you say is true Ruujura that almost all Psychic types can learn Psychic...but they usually learn it at quite a high level and most of the time I dont have the patience so I just shove the Psychic TM in their mouths and hope for the best! (lol) And I've never in all my restarts of R/S used Calm Mind so.......

EDIT:[size=+2]I VOTE FOR THE TM 29 PSYCHIC!!!!!!!!![/size] Happy Ruujura? :p

Last edited:
D

dunkle

Psychic is a very awsome move, with the ability to throw things with you mind :)

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Well then, although Kawaiiest.Torchic didn't actually say it *glares* I'd guess that's a vote for Psychic making the current tally:

PSYCHIC - 2
CALM MIND - 1 (million! *insane cackle) :eek:
*Ahem* Keep the votes coming... :p

EDIT - BUM! Dunkle got in while I was posting so I edited the above tally.

zsun_44

Banned
i vote for calm mind...

EDIT - Well, no-one seems to want to vote on this one. DAMN! I wish I had've thought of the Shiny Face-Off or Legendary Face-Off! Kawaiiest.Torchic and Cloud Strife seem to have all the luck!

My thread has died twice, and I had to revive it, where as this one I only had to revive once, until lately, your thread was doing better than mine.

I vote for Psychic, CM is great and all, but I just love Psychic.

GardevoirMaster

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Yay! My favorite move, Psychic gets my vote, anyway I never use attacks like Calm Mind. Psychic is better than raising Sp. Attack, and Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.