• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack Face-Off V 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote for Calm Mind

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Psychics good but calm mind makes it even more effective so i vote for calm mind.

S

Scorching Kamekaze

Psychic is a splendid attack and all, but calm mind is really good for any Psychics to have as a move...

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Cloud Strife said:
My thread has died twice, and I had to revive it, where as this one I only had to revive once, until lately, your thread was doing better than mine.

Well, I suppose you're right there! Funny though, when I went to update this it was sitting on the second page which doesn't usually happen. I'm thinking "No-one voted since yesterday??" It turns out six people voted! Oh well. Final score:

PSYCHIC - 6
CALM MIND - 3

I would've liked for Calm Mind to win, but what can I do about that? :p Now, for the Giovanni TMs Face-Off:

FISSURE VS. EARTHQUAKE

You know, I could've sworn Blaine gave away TM50 in FRLG but it's still good ol' Fire Blast. I was halfway through writing the Blaine Face-Off when I thought I'd double check on the SPP main page and sure enough, he gives you Fire Blast. Oh well... For the Giovanni TMs, I know this, like the Surge TMs will be a no contest but my vote is for Earthquake. 100 power (150 with STAB), 100 accuracy, it's a staple for most physical sweeper movesets if the Pokemon can learn it and it's just a great move all around. I know this is kind of pointless, but it's still a better face-off than my next one will be... :p

I vote for Fissure.

C

Cephonis

Fissure... earthquake is getting a bit old for me, most of my friends use it, so ive switched to flying team. none of my friends use fissure... im pretty sure both are old day moves, but i like fissure better.

zsun_44

Banned
i still prefer earthquake so i'll go with that

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
I have a sneaking suspicion Cloud Strife just voted for Fissure to be different...

Anyway, current tally:

FISSURE - 2
EARTHQUAKE - 2

By the way, just curious, can anyone guess what my next face off will be? PM me if you can. I'm just interested to see if it's that stupid no-one will guess it! It's still in the Gym Leader theme, just not RBY vs. FRLG. Oh well, I forgot to say it when starting the Giovanni TMs face-off so I'll say it now to those who haven't voted - MAVIS COMMANDS YOU TO VOTE NOW! ;383;

I vote Fissure because Earthquake is much too commonly used and Fissure is a better attack name.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I vote EQ cuz its accurate.Plus i hate OHKO moves.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
I vote Earthquake because OHKO's are cheap as well as have HORRIBLE accuracy! Earthquake is a great move (and is very common in movesets because of that) and I just love it! :D GO EARTHQUAKE!!!

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OK! It's all over! Final score:

FISSURE - 3
EARTHQUAKE - 5

You know, more people voted for Fissure than I thought they would have. It seemed like a really cool move in Red when I didn't really know what I was doing but my level 26 Nidoking could wipe out really high level monsters in the Elite Four and Victory Road (although I didn't know why it wouldn't kill Dragonite! *sob* I was so young....) Anyway, this next face-off will seem wacky (or just plain stupid) but it still continues my Gym Leader theme. What's that? You want to know how??? Well, you should figure it out easy enough although I'm surprised no-one has yet...

MUD SLAP VS. AERIAL ACE

Yes, it seems like a pointless face-off but I want to keep with the Gym Leader TM theme (read: I'm having a creative block...) and these are the two TM moves given away by the Flying-type Gym Leaders, Falkner and Winona. Well, even though I know it won't help it I vote for Mud Slap. It's just, despite how helpful Aerial Ace is, I am a bit sick of all those sure-hit 60 base power moves which came into it lately. We started with Swift, then before I know it we have Magical Leaf, Faint Attack, Shadow Punch, Shock Wave and Aerial Ace. We may have others but I can't remember them at the moment. So yes, Mud Slap sucks as a move but at least it was a ground-type move which your birds could use to dispatch those Electric types (although it was hardly strong enough to do a decent job...). Now why would a Flying-type Gym Leader give away a ground type TM.... WACKO!

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Oh! Well! Look who it is! The person who betrayed me in my own Face-Off! *turnes away* lol! Anywhays I think you know who I vote for! Aerial Ace! Even though at the beginning of the game Mud Slap is useful on Mudkip as it gets more power with STAB and the accuracy lowering, but overall Aerial Ace is better! There aren't too many good Flying attacks out there so Aerial Ace is a nice change as it might not be powerful but its a sure hit so.....

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I vote for aerial ace cuz it never misses and mud slap sucks.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
From the person who betrayed you in your face-off? If you were really my twin, you would know I love Misdreavus! It's my fourth favourite Pokemon and I'm now going to make it my avatar so it will haunt you wherever you see me! MWA HA HA HA HA HA! Well, not really. I enjoy dressing as either Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy...

Current tally:

MUD SLAP - 1 (I know no-one else will vote for it...)
AERIAL ACE - 2 (One of the most popular moves around...)

Well, I forget to put this in lately (just like my icon in PMs) but MAVIS COMMANDS YOU TO VOTE NOW! ;383; GRRR!

zsun_44

Banned
i vote aerial ace

S

spinda fr34k

i vote aerial ace i see a lot of ppl on netbattles that slap it on to almost every pokemon

Aerial Ace is a cheap move. I vote Mud-Slap. And Kawaiiest.Torchic, Mudkip isn't a dual type until it evolves, so no STAB(Finally, I correct you instead of you correcting me in your Shiny Face-off:p).

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OK. This is done. I just wonder where that Cloud Strife got to...? Final score -

MUD SLAP - 2
AERIAL ACE - 4

I can't believe someone else voted for Mud Slap! Thank you Sheer Cold. Well onto the next face-off. Seeing as though Bugsy is the only bug type gym leader (for a good reason...) we now test the Normal type Gym Leaders' TMs. Yes, its:

ATTRACT VS. FACADE

Now, this is pretty simple and obvious. Whitney gives you Attract and Norman gives you Facade. Personally, I prefer Attract. Although you can actually double your power if you have a staus effect (well, Poison, Burn or Paralysis) but given the fact Attract gives the other Pokemon a 50% chance of not attacking, you could probably do more damage with your other moves! Also, I hear many people complaining of Whitney's Miltank using an Attract-Rollout combo. Well, MAVIS COMMANDS YOU TO VOTE NOW! Now, SHE's attractive... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.