• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack Face-Off V 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
I vote Thunderbolt. It's an incredibly versatile move that contributes to lethal combos such as Thunderdance and Boltbeam.
Oh, and Kinopio, what are you going to do after this face-off ends? Are you going to just....... leave. Because I have hardly ever seen you outside of this face-off.

I vote for Thunderbolt (If it was not for Thunderbolt we would have to cope with infinite Water types (pretty much),but no Thunderbolt would make grass types more popular in theory).

cartwright

Marsh Trainer
I vote for Thunderbolt because it has nice animation!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I vote for THUNDERBOLT because it has all around good attack and has good animation.

T-bolt, no, it should not have won the entire face-off, but who cares, it is better than Leech Seed, and a top 5 attack. Let us now take a moment to honor the moves that got screwed so bad in this face-off.

Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rock Slide
Return
Surf
Psychic

I think Ice Beam, Surf, or Earthquake should have won myself, but T-bolt is not far behind. I am surprised something like Zap Canon or Thundershock did not win the Thunder face off with all the stupid "Don't let the best or popular move win" crap that went on. Anyway, this is the last of the original 3 face-offs (Legendary, Shiny, Attack) and congrats on the end, now lets pop some bubbly and celebrate a good job.

pikachu146

Thunderbolt! I'm getting sick of leech seed.

bird1111

Thunderbolt, as it is nice for the vast number of water and flying types

Thunderbolt. Leech Seed needs a bit too much set-up to work OK enough. Thunderbolt is just attack and that's it. You can paralyze, even. Which shows that Grass needs a 95 Power, 100% accurate Move... or remain with Leech Seed as its only saving grace...

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OK. We're done here. Final score:

LEECH SEED - 1
THUNDERBOLT - 18

Yeah.

Well, as much as my enthusiasm waned towards the end, I did enjoy this face-off. Who knows? In a few years time I may decide to start a new one with the DP moves. OK, that's rather unlikely but hey, it depends on how bored I am and for how long. Still, I do haunt these boards. I lurk more than anything but every now and then I feel the urge to post something. I mostly show up in Miscellaneous Discussion or Nintendo Game Discussion but even that's infrequent and who knows, when I get a new job I may just not have the time/patience to stick around but hey, I'll let the important people know.

It's been a good eighteen months doing this face-off and I'd like to thank everyone who made it possible but the four people I'd like to thank the most are:

Cloud Strife, Tropical Spirit, ~*Commander Blizzard*~ and, of course my favourite person on these forums, Kawaiiest.Combusken.

Still, thanks to all who voted and please can people just post farwell messages or what-have-you (seeing as though there will be those who want to and it would be welcome) but try to keep SPAM out of it. I want this face-off to die a graceful death.

Volteon

Back I guess??
^^ Thunderbolt won!

congratulations for this awesome face-off kinopio, it´s great!
one thread that supported 18 months obviously is a great one.
well, I´m not a very good speaker (you can cleary see this), but anyways congrats again!

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
Wow... out of only four people, you thanked me. o_O I feel so... honored. D:

And yeah, it might've died a little towards the end, but this was an awesome face-off nonetheless. I really enjoyed voting here and for some time it was the only reason to why I didn't log out and forget about SPPf. If it wasn't for this face-off, I wouldn't be a member anymore. </cornyspeech>

But kudos to you for it! ^^ Even though I never ran a face-off, I know how tiring it can be. Congrats!

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
Well, that was a truly amazing face-off. Congratulations Kinopio, and I hope to see you around here more some time.
Infact, it was this massive face-off and the Shiny face-off (which ended while I was just viewing the forums and hadn't joined) that inspired me to start my own face-off, the Stages face-off, which I hope will one day reach the awesome standards of this face-off. You have been a true inspiration and I thank you for that.
It's a shame the final was a landslide, though. I was hoping it would be a bit more eventful. But I'm still glad to have contributed to this face-off.
Toodle-ooh!!!!!!!!!!!!

HotSkittyOnWailordAction

Oh so its over?
Congratulations Kinopio for a great face off
We could do contest type moves (for example cute,tough,beauty,cool and smart)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I would also like to congratulate Kinopio for holding such a great face-off. IMO, I think it's sorta terrible that this face-off has to end so soon. This was one of my favorite face-offs. I think thomas.lugia's idea of using contest moves in a face-off is a good idea. Hopefully someone might be able to host this face-off.

Great. :D

Too bad I joined in the most boring phase, hehe. Would've loved to have a go with some other Types. Maybe having the Normal Phase at the end wasn't the best of ideas...

Oh well. It was cool, Kinopio. Gotta love Thunderbolt: the best Move! :D

Willing to see the new version someday... :)

Well, it is finally over, we started this monster after TD left near 2 years ago now. I can't believe you held out for this long Kinopio, if there were like 400 Legends, I would have just said screw it eventually, but you stayed till the end. It was a great face-off, and I think the best of our 3 that started it [Sorry KC(Though mine was by far the most enjoyable because it went less than 6 months :D)] all so very long ago. Props to you, and congrats to T-bolt, Serebii Forum's greatest move. I will miss this, if you ever want, you can PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.