• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack Face-Off V 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slypher

Wow, I just realized how late I joined this face-off. This face-off was around for a long time, I'm suprised this made it to the end.

This face-off will go down in history!! (sort of) There are members on the front page who I have never heard of and this was on p.100 or something when I started reading through the forums for fun. That is scary...

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
This has been for two years? o_O' Wow, I never realized... ah well. I didn't vote here that much, but meh, Concratulations, ThunderBolt! *Pats Thunderbolt on back* Don't ask how I did that...

Anyway, I liked how the Japanense names for the moves were also listed. Too bad that it wasn't when Sacred Fire was on. I would've liked to know its name and "straight translation" Oh well.

Again, concrats, Thunder Bolt. ^_^

cartwright

Marsh Trainer
One of the biggest face-offs when I first joined is finally over! First it was the Shiny Face-off and now this one! It's as if my childhood is coming to an end!:D
Having the patience to update this almost everyday (even twice a day sometimes!) for nearly two years is very good! I'm having trouble updating mine weekly because of college work, so I know what it's like!:p
You had the right idea in keeping the face-off fresh by adding new features to it like the mascots and japanese names!
Good luck for the future and maybe now somebody else has the chance to become the main event!;)
It just seems strange now that Thunderbolt is the winner after all this time when all the n00bs were supposed to love Hyperbeam, Fire Blast etc.:D

I...dunno what to say.

First off, thank you so very much for including me in your list, especially next to people much more famous than myself. I feel honored :)

Second, I'm really going to miss this Face-Off. I've been lurking in it for a long time, and it was going strong when I joined way back in '04. Ever since I've joined, I've always been frequenting this Face-Off and the Shiny Face-Off. It was quite a blow to me when the Shiny Face-Off ended, but at least I still had this one. Now that it's over.....It's like losing a part of me. I've matured and grown so much throughout this entire Thread, and it's one of the very few Threads I've posted in constantly since I joined SPP.

I'm glad to see Sheer Cold and Calm Mind get so far in this. I was rather hoping that a oddball move like Extrasensory or Hidden Power would win, but Thunderbolt still deserves to win. It's an all-around excellent move, with such dependable characteristics. Chance of paralysis, a fair amount of PP, good power, wide-spread availability, and hits with neutral damage on most Types....You really don't get much better than that :D. Truthfully, I would've liked to see a Thunderbolt vs. Ice Beam finalé. Wouldn't that be a fitting end to this masterpiece, an ultimate climax between what are widely considered two of the best moves ever conceived? At any rate, as master chuckle noted, I would've preferred less of a landslide. Leech Seed wasn't meant to win, so something like Sheer Cold or Calm Mind reaching the grand finalé would've been a lot more exciting. Still, the finalé thrilled me, even if the outcome was predictable.

So, in conclusion, thank you and congratulations, Kinopio, for dedicating so many months of your life to this eventful and exhilirating Face-Off. It will be sorely missed, and not just by me. As will you, if you do decide to leave; keep that in mind. I've known you for so long, and it would be such a shame to see such a friendly and well-respected Member to leave just like that. I won't oppose whatever decision you make, nor will I try to dissuade you. But do know that I and many others will miss you if you quit the Forums.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Volteon

Back I guess??
I thought this thread will reach the 6000th post... (facing off) but now the only hope is saying good bye ;_;

I forgot to tell you, this is one of few face-offs that I subscribed!

bird1111

Wow, didn't expect this face off to actually end once we got the champion

It was fun while it lasted

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Well, to be honest I did originally plan to face-off the moves in all their contest categories but I thought of a couple of things:

1. Although I absolutely adore this face-off (despite sometimes being very tempted to chuck it all in) I don't know if I could handle another year or so of sorting through the hundreds of attacks. Also, having it all boil down to just five finalists seems rather anti-climactic to me.

2. While most of us have dabbled in contests and gotten our portraits in that buiding in Lilycove or whatever, not many of us are really that well-versed in contests.

3. Many attacks work in the same way as others. The only difference between many of them? The possibility of combos but you might get several move of the one contest type with the same amount of jam points, the same amount of appeal points and the same contest effect.

4. I strongly think the results will be even more skewed than they were in this incarnation of the face-off due to ignorance of contest effects and when it comes down to the move doing the same thing, people may end up relying on battle reasons such as power/accuracy/PP, etc.

Now, if anyone is interested in doing the contest categories in a new Attack Face-Off, by all means do. I just won't make any pretence - it won't be me. Now, I understand I have no monopoly on the idea of running this new version of the face-off if one does indeed go ahead but could I possibly maybe ask if the four members I mentioned in my finalé post have first dibs at running if they so decide? I mean, they may not want to but I'd very much like it to be one of those four to whim I pass the torch, so to speak.

Oh well, it's been great and I really appreciate everyone's messages of thanks and farewell and I'll be sticking around for a while. I'm so thankful to you all for faithfully visiting and it means so much that so many of you got enjoyment from something so simple (yet needlessly complicated... :p). Best wishes to you all!

I

Inner Flame

YEAH Ruujura no Chichi (wow...I actually spelt that out from memory without having to look back at your name!) YOU TOTALLY DESERVE TO HAVE A FACE-OFF!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

Dream Eater! Nightmare is annoying....after you use it you have to wait one turn for it to go into effect plus it only drains 1/4 of the opponents energy while Dream Eater does 100 damage so you can make a bigger dent in their HP, plus taking someone elses energy and using it for you're own is AWESOME!!!!! I Evil!

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
You, Inner Flame, are the absolute epitome of n00b. First off you have a pointless rant about Kinopio owning a face-off, then you vote in the first match long after the ENTIRE FACE-OFF HAS ENDED.
Wow, the stupidity.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Inner Flame said:
YEAH Ruujura no Chichi (wow...I actually spelt that out from memory without having to look back at your name!) YOU TOTALLY DESERVE TO HAVE A FACE-OFF!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

Dream Eater! Nightmare is annoying....after you use it you have to wait one turn for it to go into effect plus it only drains 1/4 of the opponents energy while Dream Eater does 100 damage so you can make a bigger dent in their HP, plus taking someone elses energy and using it for you're own is AWESOME!!!!! I Evil!

OK. What's worse here? You post in a dead face-off. You use my original username which I haven't used in over a year. Your first paragraph is directly ripped from Kawaiiest.Combusken's first post in this thread. You vote between moves from a round which finished July 24th 2004. You completely ignore the note I have in the very first post instructing retarded n00bs to actually go to the last post to see the current face-off. You sir, are a complete and total moron and I am so very glad you didn't attend while the real face-off was active. Now to go ask a mod to lock this thread so we can avoid any more idiocy. Pathetic...

Status
Not open for further replies.