• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack Face-Off V 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OK. I noticed Taiwanese Dude (the granddaddy of Face-Offs :p) hadn't restarted the Attack Face-Off after the hack so I asked if I could do it on his behalf. He agreed so here we are, Attack Face-Off V 2.0! It's a fresh start so I may use some of the old face-offs if I happen to be running dry but hopefully that won't happen too much. Also, I can't remember all the previous face-offs but I'll try not to repeat. I'll try to keep things somewhat fresh. Now, I may not be updating while everyone is online as us Australians are asleep during the time most of you are online, but rest assured I will do my best to update regularly. OK, onto Face-Off number one!

DREAM EATER VS. NIGHTMARE

Both moves are valuable attack moves usable only whilst the opponent is asleep. Personally, my vote is for Nightmare as it is only found on four Pokemon (the Gastly line and Hypno) and will take off a quarter of the opponent's HP regardless of level. OK, vote away!

EDIT - OK, I'm getting sick of people not reading all the way through before posting. I'm not going to update this front page everytime there is a new face-off as everyone who regularly votes has the common sense to check where we're up to before posting. If you are going to post, MAKE SURE YOU READ THROUGH TO FIND OUT WHAT THE CURRENT FACE-OFF IS! OK???

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I vote dream eater cuz it heals u.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OK.

DREAM EATER - 2
NIGHTMARE - 1

More votes please! (Gee, I sound just like TD! :p)

C

Cabose

I vote for Dream Eater, it and nightmare require the foe to be asleep, but Dream eater can heal you.
So I vote for Dream Eater :D

-Rayquaza-

Dreameater for me, healing is always good.

T

TaiwaneseDude

Yay, you sound like me!

Anyway...

I vote Nightmare, I prefer taking their damage one by one to see them suffer! (see what kind of person I am?)

I'm a grandaddy? I'm only 12, yipee!

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Yay! TaiwaneseDude voted! I feel so honoured :D. Just kidding. I'm not that sad (no offence TD :p)

Anyway, the current score is:

DREAM EATER - 4
NIGHTMARE - 2

Well, this is probably my last update until same time tomorrow because I have to shower ready for school, then stop by the blood bank to donate before going to my three-hour Japanese lesson. I'll probably be on tomorrow when I'll list the final score before presenting a new face-off. Here's hoping more people vote for Nightmare...

zsun_44

Banned
Dream eater... it can heal you as well as damaging the opponent

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
YEAH Ruujura no Chichi (wow...I actually spelt that out from memory without having to look back at your name!) YOU TOTALLY DESERVE TO HAVE A FACE-OFF!!! YOU ROCK!!!!! :D

Dream Eater! Nightmare is annoying....after you use it you have to wait one turn for it to go into effect plus it only drains 1/4 of the opponents energy while Dream Eater does 100 damage so you can make a bigger dent in their HP, plus taking someone elses energy and using it for you're own is AWESOME!!!!! I Evil! ;)

D

Dragone

I go with Darkest.Sneasel; Dream Eater; it's much more ev0l >=3

T

T.R.A.S.H

i like dream eater, its nasty and dreadful....eating away a pkmns dream

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Darkest.Sneasel said:
YEAH Ruujura no Chichi (wow...I actually spelt that out from memory without having to look back at your name!) YOU TOTALLY DESERVE TO HAVE A FACE-OFF!!! YOU ROCK!!!!! :D

Now is that not the nicest thing someone as said about me for quite a while? Thank you so much, I feel all fuzzy inside. :p

Anyway, the final score for this Face-Off is:

DREAM EATER - 9
NIGHTMARE - 2

I would've liked more votes for Nightmare but if I left it open Dream Eater still would've won methinks. Anyway, onto the next Face-Off.

SING VS. GRASSWHISTLE

Both moves have accuracy of 55 and put the opponent to sleep. They both have the same base and max PP. They do however have different contest effects but you'll have to check the SPP Attackdex to see what. My vote is for Sing. Grasswhistle sounds really cute and all but Clefairy, Chansey, Jynx and Lapras can all use Sing but not Grasswhistle (then again the thought of a Grasswhistling Venusaur is incredibly strange). Vote away.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Hmmm...I'm going with Sing. Grasswhistle can only be natually learned by Roselia which isn't the most powerful Pokemon *shifts eyes* but also that in contests, I think Sing has a much better effect, especiall if your Pokemon is getting uber points and is alway first to appeal as it may make any pokemon after it nervous and gives 2 Appeal Points while Grasswhistle gives one Appeal Point and Jams all that have made appeals with 3 Jam Points...I'd rather the pokemon not appeal at all rather than take points away from them personally....Sing it Is!!!!!

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
OK. We only have two votes. Current score :

SING - 2
GRASSWHISTLE - 0

Well, when the rest of the world wake up I assume we'll be getting more votes to make this worthwhile. :)

T

TaiwaneseDude

I vote for grasswhistle! (I'm unique!) Roselia is one of the MOST underrated Pokemon ever, and grasswhistle jsut sound so much better than "sing". Grasswhistle. Now think about the name!

That's one for grasswhistle, Ruujura!

zsun_44

Banned
i go for grasswhistle

I am not unique, but I still vote Grasswhistle.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Wow! What a turnaround! Three votes and all for Grasswhistle! I take it the Northen Hemisphere has awoken now?

Current Score:

SING - 2
GRASSWHISTLE - 3

More votes please people!

Status
Not open for further replies.