• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack Of The Killer Camels

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Yes, this thread title is perfectly serious.

Camel-Face.jpg

This. Is a camel.
(If it does not appear, then you are not awesome enough)

Do not be decieved by it's derpish appearence, this thing is a relentless killing machine. It also likes sand. And they are the two main themes of my team. Kind of.

Treasure

Concealed within this spoier lies a trove of treasures from Aladdin's cave.

Only joking, it's a short team building section, devoid of images because I can't be bothered it is against the laws of camelhood.

1) I added a camel.

2) I realised a camel is not a pokemon (what? Camerupt? No idea what you're on about...) so I replaced it with something sandy: a towel after a day on the beach. Only joking, I added Tyranitar. Rawr.

3) I added Excadrill.

4) But then some **** at Smogon banished it to Uberland. Fortunatly, my good friend Aladdin lent me his genie as a replacement.

5) I added Scizor, BECAUSE IT IS AN ABSOLUTE BEAST!

6) Then I added latios as a special sweeper, who also resists water and fighting, two big sand-team weaknesses.

7) Latios wasn't the best switch in available, especially as it is weak to ice. So I added a Jellifish with facial hair.

8) You're not reading this, are you? Oh, you are, awesome! Give yourself a pat on the back. No, do it! Now! .... Thank you.

9) Then I added Gliscor, coz it well mint n well annoyin' innit.

10) 3 pokemon weak to Ice was a bad idea, and mamoswine sat on my team. I was also weak to hazards, so I replaced latios with starmie.

11) Then, after some helpful help (it wouldn't be help if it wasn't helpful) I helped myself to a helpful scarved Terrakion, to deal with most-definetly-not-helpful fast threats, such as Latios. How helpful!

Under the Magnifying Glass of Camel-tron.

*Please note that the nicknames included do not actually fit. But who cares? What? You do? Get out!

**I just discovered the export button on PO. How useful!

***Aren't asterixes fun?

155px-248Tyranitar.png

Sandysaurus Rex, weatherman of the year 2011. A.k.a Rexy (Tyranitar) (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Standard lead to set up sand. Quiet and 56 SAtk EVs boost fire blast's power which is for forretress, skarmory etc. Stone Edge is main STAB, pursuit is SNEAKY! Superpower is coverage.

144px-645Landorus.png

Larry, Freed Servant of Aladdin a.k.a Larry/Big L (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Brick Break

Hurr! I'm Larry! This thing's as powerful as it looks. Factoring in Sand Force, that's the equivalent of 2 life orbs on a STAB EQ. Ow! After a swords dance: ****. Stone edge is good Sand Force Boosted Coverge. SD is, well, SD for powering up. Brick break is additional coverage, but I hardly ever use it, so replacements for this are welcomed with open arms!

140px-212Scizor.png

Scizor the Absolute Monster a.k.a S.A.M (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace

Love this guy. Not much to say about him though. SD + Priority and/or STAB technician, LO boosted SWEEP! Aerial ace is additional coverage which allows me to harm Gliscor, and Volcarana, who tried to Quiver Dance on the switch.

180px-639Terrakion.png

Apocalypse Terry's chocolate orange a.k.a Terry (Terrakion) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Att, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-scissor

Terrakion, I have found, is an excellent revenge killer. Its high speed, collosal attack, and large movepool, allow it to outspeed and OHKO a number of fast, threatening attackers, such as Latios and Starmie, that would otherwise give this team a lot of trouble. CC is the move of choice here because, with it's insane BP, once all psychics and ghosts are gone, nothing much can switch in without being hit for massive damage and then outsped and KO'd the next turn. Stone Edge is another powerful STAB and EQ and X-scissor are coverage moves, the latter of which (yeah, I just used the word 'latter', back off!) is crucial for taking down the aforementioned Latios + Starmie.

250px-593Jellicent-Pink.png

(No male sprite)
Moust Ache, Chief Executive of Moustache Empire Ltd. a.k.a Moust Ache(Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 44 SAtk / 84 SDef / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Toxic
- Hex

Here to absorb water, fighting and ice attacks. Generally very useful. This is an interesting set. I dish out whatever status I think is most useful, then can recover with recover, or do some extra damage with hex. Hex is also good for anticipating switches into MB Espeon.

170px-121Starmie.png

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, How I Wonder What You Are a.k.a Twinkle (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Starmie is my spinner, but is also a good switch in for water, ice and fighting attacks (although only if Jellicent is KO'd). It can also sweep effectively, with STABs Surf, and coverage BoltBeam. I opted not to gowith Psyshock beacuse, in my experience, it doesn't do that much more, and I have plenty of phsyical attackers already. All that in mind, the power drop isn't worth it. Tbolt helps to counter skarmory and jellicent

472Gliscor.png

Venom Eater [NOM NOM NOM!] (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Att / 120 Def / 72 Spe
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Not much to say here either, it's quite a standard set. The EVs are complicated, but they've undergone a lot of tweaking, and they mostly work atm. SD is for prepare for a sweep. Protect allows for recovery. And EQ and Ice Fang are the sweeping moves!

;188;;188;;188;;188;;188;;188;;188;;188;;188;

And so concludes my RMT. Thank you very much for bearing with my immaturity and reading through it. It's my most successful team to date and I'm proud of it, but all comments and critisim appreciated.

Ninja Dewott Over and Out

May The Ninja Be With You

Last edited:

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
Yes, this thread title is perfectly serious.

Camel-Face.jpg

This. Is a camel.
(If it does not appear, then you are not awesome enough)

Do not be decieved by it's derpish appearence, this thing is a relentless killing machine. It also likes sand. And they are the two main themes of my team. Kind of.

Treasure

Concealed within this spoier lies a trove of treasures from Aladdin's cave.

Only joking, it's a short team building section, devoid of images because I can't be bothered it is against the laws of camelhood.

1) I added a camel.

2) I realised a camel is not a pokemon (what? Camerupt? No idea what you're on about...) so I replaced it with something sandy: a towel after a day on the beach. Only joking, I added Tyranitar. Rawr.

3) I added Excadrill.

4) But then some **** at Smogon banished it to Uberland. Fortunatly, my good friend Aladdin lent me his genie as a replacement.

5) I added Scizor, BECAUSE IT IS AN ABSOLUTE BEAST!

6) Then I added latios as a special sweeper, who also resists water and fighting, two big sand-team weaknesses.

7) Latios wasn't the best switch in available, especially as it is weak to ice. So I added a Jellifish with facial hair.

8) You're not reading this, are you? Oh, you are, awesome! Give yourself a pat on the back. No, do it! Now! .... Thank you.

9) Then I added Gliscor, coz it well mint n well annoyin' innit.

10) 3 pokemon weak to Ice was a bad idea, and mamoswine sat on my team. I was also weak to hazards, so I replaced latios with starmie.

Under the Magnifying Glass of Camel-tron.

*Please note that the nicknames included do not actually fit. But who cares? What? You do? Get out!

**I just discovered the export button on PO. How useful!

***Aren't asterixes fun?

155px-248Tyranitar.png

Sandysaurus Rex, weatherman of the year 2011. A.k.a Rexy (Tyranitar) (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Standard lead to set up sand. Quiet and 56 SAtk EVs boost fire blast's power which is for forretress, skarmory etc. Stone Edge is main STAB, pursuit is SNEAKY! Superpower is coverage.

144px-645Landorus.png

Larry, Freed Servant of Aladdin a.k.a Larry/Big L (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Brick Break

Hurr! I'm Larry! This thing's as powerful as it looks. Factoring in Sand Force, that's the equivalent of 2 life orbs on a STAB EQ. Ow! After a swords dance: ****. Stone edge is good Sand Force Boosted Coverge. SD is, well, SD for powering up. Brick break is additional coverage, but I hardly ever use it, so replacements for this are welcomed with open arms!

140px-212Scizor.png

Scizor the Absolute Monster a.k.a S.A.M (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace

Love this guy. Not much to say about him though. SD + Priority and/or STAB technician, LO boosted SWEEP! Aerial ace is additional coverage which allows me to harm Gliscor, and Volcarana, who tried to Quiver Dance on the switch.

472Gliscor.png

Venom Eater [NOM NOM NOM!] (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 96 SDef / 80 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Not much to say here either, it's quite a standard set. The EVs are complicated, but they've undergone a lot of tweaking, and they mostly work atm. SD is for prepare for a sweep. Protect allows for recovery. And EQ and Ice Fang are the sweeping moves!

250px-593Jellicent-Pink.png

(No male sprite)
Moust Ache, Chief Executive of Moustache Empire Ltd. a.k.a Moust Ache(Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 44 SAtk / 84 SDef / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Toxic
- Hex

Here to absorb water, fighting and ice attacks. Generally very useful. This is an interesting set. I dish out whatever status I think is most useful, then can recover with recover, or do some extra damage with hex. Hex is also good for anticipating switches into MB Espeon.

170px-121Starmie.png

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, How I Wonder What You Are a.k.a Twinkle (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Starmie is my spinner, but is also a good switch in for water, ice and fighting attacks (although only if Jellicent is KO'd). It can also sweep effectively, with STABs Surf + Psychic, and coverage Ice Beam. I opted not to gowith Psyshock beacuse, in my experience, it doesn't do that much more, and I have plenty of phsyical attackers already. All that in mind, the power drop isn't worth it.

;188;;188;;188;;188;;188;;188;;188;;188;;188;

And so concludes my RMT. Thank you very much for bearin with my immaturity and reading through it. It's my mot successful team to date and I'm proud of it, but all comments and critisim appreciated.

Ninja Dewott Over and Out

May The Ninja Be With You
Very nice set up i agree, one thing that brings concern to me is your lack of a special sweeper. Maybe adding Latios/Latias somewhere in there for Gliscor? could help. other than that, i think the team looks solid! :)

LinksOcarina

The true master
You lied...no Camerupt at all makes this team ineffective.

Ok...ok...it is pretty balanced. I honestly cant pick out a weakness from here, although I would personally go with standard EV spread on Gliscor, min-maxing works on it more than most pokemon.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
@ Kill and run: You quoted the entire post just to write that little bit at the bottom...?! XD Anyway, Starmie is the one that acts as my special sweeper.

Ok...ok...it is pretty balanced. I honestly cant pick out a weakness from here, although I would personally go with standard EV spread on Gliscor, min-maxing works on it more than most pokemon.
Would that be 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe? Or something like that?

Ilan

Where is camerupt!?!? it isn't a camel team without him *sob*!

anyway pretty solid team
aerial ace on scizor is something new... I usually see super power against steels...

Triple Z

Triple Z used yawn!
Nice team, Ninja D. I'd suggest considering scald over will-o-wisp on Jellicent. It prevents you being walled by steels and normals, though if you prefer a guaranteed burn (providing it hits) by all means, go with will-o-wisp. I'd also say your team is quite rotom-w weak. Perhaps sneak a HP Grass in there, or give more Sp.Def EVs to jellicent to counter that though.

LinksOcarina

The true master
@ Kill and run: You quoted the entire post just to write that little bit at the bottom...?! XD Anyway, Starmie is the one that acts as my special sweeper.

Would that be 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe? Or something like that?

Basically yeah.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Ok cool, I'll change that.

@ 3Z: I prefer the guaranteed burn. But more sp.def EVs sounds good, do you know how many exactly?

EDIT: Had a trial of the EVs, they're good, but I prefer some attack investment too.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Had a battle with Pimm on PO. He says to replace psychic on starmie with t-bolt, to counter skarm and jellicent. Which is a very good point.

Psycho Cut

Really great team, ND.

The only thing I'd suggest is making Landforus Naive, and giving it HP Ice or something. Brick Break isn't doing much for you, it'd have to be x4 SE to be worth using over EQ. (And the most common pokemon x4 weak to fighting are weak to EQ as well)

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Really great team, ND.

The only thing I'd suggest is making Landforus Naive, and giving it HP Ice or something. Brick Break isn't doing much for you, it'd have to be x4 SE to be worth using over EQ. (And the most common pokemon x4 weak to fighting are weak to EQ as well)
I had tried that, but I didn't like the SP.def drop, it's still in consieration though

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
This team will be completely trolled by gliscor if it sets up and starmie has been eliminated so yeah, HP Ice would be quite neccasary for gliscor.

Also Scarf Terrakion would hurt this team alot I think, as well as some Lati@s. You need to get a non-set up sweeper. I think a scarf terrakion to replace scizor/gliscor.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
This team will be completely trolled by gliscor if it sets up and starmie has been eliminated so yeah, HP Ice would be quite neccasary for gliscor.

Also Scarf Terrakion would hurt this team alot I think, as well as some Lati@s. You need to get a non-set up sweeper. I think a scarf terrakion to replace scizor/gliscor.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
I ran some calcs, and if I just put the 4HP EVs into Sp.Atk and changed Landorus's nature to naive, then HP Ice is, at maximum, only doing 89% to the standard Gliscor. That's not factoring in any that might have to odd chunk of special defense investment. Is it worth sacrificing lots of Att/Speed EVs just so I can get a OHKO?

As for replacing gliscor (I'M NOT REPLACING SCIZOR!) with Terrakion, I guess that could work. A scarf sweeper'd be good for dealing with some faster threats.

How about:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Moves:
--Close Combat
--Stone Edge
--Earthquake
--Sacred Sword/X-scissor

Pretty standard really. I reckon you don't need all the speed from jolly, and adamant adds to hitting power. The moves are self explanatory, except for Sacred Sword, which'd be useful if something manages to set up with stockpile, curse etc. Or should I just stick with X-scissor?

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
How about:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Moves:
--Close Combat
--Stone Edge
--Earthquake
--Sacred Sword/X-scissor

Pretty standard really. I reckon you don't need all the speed from jolly, and adamant adds to hitting power. The moves are self explanatory, except for
Sacred Sword, which'd be useful if something manages to set up with stockpile, curse etc. Or should I just stick with X-scissor?

Stick with X-scissor so it can threaten physic types, and you already have a fighting type move.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
My main argument is that Sacred Sword is good if something sets up curse, stockpile etc. But I guess it's better anyway, guarantees me a KO on Latios etc.

Tested that Terrakion and it's an absolute beast! In the team it goes!

Last edited: