• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack of the Pre-historic Pokémon! (046)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Attack of the Pre-historic Pokémon! (046)

Attack of the Pre-Historic Pokémon!

Arriving at a canyon to find an old fashioned fossil hunt, Ash & Co decide to join in. But Team Rocket arrive and intend to blow the canyon up. In doing so, Ash & Pikachu fall into a pit which is full of awakened ancient Pokemon. Can they get out with their lives?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

I love this episode! It's one of my favourites, I loved it when Kabuto, Kabutops, Omanyte and Omastar chase Team Rocket, Ash and Pikachu.
Also I love it when Charmeleon evolves into Charizard and it chases Aerodactyl.
I've just remembered that this is the ep where Ash finds a Togepi egg!

M

meggirl63

I taped that one 'cause of two words: GARY OAK!!!!!!!!!!

F

Factory Head Noland

Also I like it when everyone is chasing after the dynanite fuse and then they roll into a big ball and roll down the canyon. ^_^

Charmeleon's evolution into Charizard is probably one of the best shown evolutions in the animé, not to mention the most unexpected. I mean, no one was expecting it so soon after Charmeleon evolved from Charmander only a few eppies ago!O_O; Jigglypuff's reappearance was cute; and was the second and final time she got through the whole song! Too bad we didn't see Charizard's graffiti marks...:D Ash finds Togepi's egg(even though we don't know what it is at the time); and the rest, as we know, is history.;)

Blazing Charmander

This is probably one of my favourite all time episodes. The storyline is perfect and lots of events happened in this episode.

It was funny when Ash and Squirtle were trying to put out the fuse and TR were trying to stop them. Then they went into a big ball. Then, another funny part was when Pikachu Thunderbolted the dynamite and it exploded.

Charmeleons evolution process into Charizard is one of my all time faves through the generations. I liked it how Aerodactyl was teasing Charmeleon because it couldn't fly and Charmeleon was getting frustrated. Next thing we know he goes "Char char char char meeee" and glows. A brilliant scene.

Finding the egg also made the episode more eventful.

Overall Rating: 10/10

Last edited:
A

Atomic Jirachii

I liked it because all fosil poke's were shown
It was probably 1 of the cooled eps ever

EDIT : I am Rainbow Trainer

Oopsies; forgot about Aerodactyl(as well as my rating for this eppie)! I personally loved Aerodactyl here; its voice was cool, and the way it teased Charmeleon was priceless!(The old 'bii~da' taunt!) As for the rating; 10/10!

this episode had everything! Charmeleon evolving to Charzard, Gary Oak, Fossil pokemon, Jiggly Puff and discovery of the togipi egg. This was actually the first episode i saw that got me into pokemon.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This was definitely one of the funnier episodes of season one. I know the part that cracks me up every time is when Gary finds the fossilized pokemon manure. LOL :D The end is also hilarious, when everybody is all marked up from Jigglypuff, and Officer Jenny with her drawn-on monacle is convincing everyone that what they just saw was a dream caused by Jigglypuff. Another funny Jigglypuff moment is when she gets mad when Misty invades her space. LOL

I'm glad that Charmander evolved into Charizard and ended up saving Ash, but it's too bad their relationship went even more downhill for a while.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I liked Team Rocket trying to calm the Aerodactyl down: "Rock-a-bye, Dactyl, oh please don't eat us..." (or something to that effect)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Highlights of the episode:
-Ash and TR getting chased around by the fossil Pokemon.
-Ash almost getting eaten by Aerodactyl(pity they wouldn't show something like that now; it made the situation seem more dire)
-Charizard!

Low points:
-Gary served no purpose in this episode other than to taunt Ash a little.
-Ash finds the egg that contains the most useless Pokemon ever:Togepi

I give it an 8/10. This is one of my favorite Kanto episodes.

V

vulpix

this is a good one love it when Charmeleon evolves into Charizard,and this is the ep. when we first see Togepi (as an egg)

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
Man, I remember I missed this episode but my friend had taped it (I was taping every episode, I got to the end of the first season before I quit). Anyway, his tape was only good quality in one VCR and one TV in my house. So we had to move all the VCR's around so I could tape it.
I'm so glad I went through the trouble, it was a fantastic episode.

Reece

I remember this was the first new episode I had seen after all the reruns, and its still one of my favorites today.

D

Dark Magic

Reece said:
I remember this was the first new episode I had seen after all the reruns, and its still one of my favorites today.

Ditto. Aerodactyl is done amazingly well in this one, he comes off as a big deal when they have the 4 other fossil pokemon leave when Aerodactyl comes in and there's only one Aero, making it all the more cool.

As much as Snap was a dumb character, I liked how they used the picture of Aerodactyl with Ash later on.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
This is deffinetly one of my favorite Pokemon eps of all time, mainly because I love dinosaurs and it was cool seeing dinosaur pokemon. I also loved this ep cuz it involves Charizard, my favorite Pokemon of all time. I thought it was funny when Aerodactyl was taunting charmeleon cuz it couldnt fly and making him angry. And Cahrmeleon evolved out of its rage and kicked Aerodactyl's tush. It was funny that charmeleon evolved to beat aero and not save ash. Overall, a great ep. 10 outta 10.

JONNO.FRESH

Charizard made this epi rock. Aero and the other fossils where kool but Charizard Rocked in this epi. 8/10