• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack of the Pre-historic Pokémon! (046)

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
I remember when the local library had got the video of this, i had rushed into it and borrowed it. In my excitement to watch it, i accidentally broke it...At one point in the episode the tape would eject itself unless you fast forwarded past it. I got to keep the video though because we had to buy the library a new copy of it. I still have it somewhere...A good episode though. Funny and exciting. 9/10

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I enjoyed this episode, i think that deep down Charizard did actually care about Ash.

If it didn't it could have just let him fall.

schrik

hysterical fan
When i was young, it was my favorite of them all, i was tapping them on VHS and then it happen i only got 5min of this episode.

Every week, i was watching all the VHS, waiting for THAT 5min.

Icefiyre

Banned
Yay!
All the Fossil Pokemon is featured here! They even showed some good battling skills. But what got me worried was that Charmeleon was being mocked at by Aerodactyl causing it to evolve to Charizard. I thought this was really disturbing and hopefully it won't happen again.

Such a cool episode!
Every single detail was awesome.
I'm kind of disappointed though.... If only Aerodactyl escaped for good.
But that's just me and my childish fantasies....

Yay Charizard!
I love how its will to fight and Ash's need of a savior just "coincidentally" overlapped...

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I've always wondered something about this episode.

If Togepi's egg had been there all that time, how is that no-one before Ash actually saw it?

danparker

I remember the day when I first saw this episode. I was at my cousin's house in Hampton. This was the first episode I saw on Kids WB. I was a bit suprised to see Arbok and Wheezing for the first time, and also Charmeleon, too. I kind of liked the Aerodactyl.

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
One of the first episodes I watched was this one.

celibi88

robochu=win
I L-O-V-E this episode its up there as one of the most memorable episodes in my book

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode.
I loved to see Charizard protecting on Ash.it was cool. but funny when Ash injured from the flamethrower....

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Probably the best episode I've seen in Kanto. It's my favorite. The plot itself is interesting.

I had always thought Fossil Pokemon could only be revived. I had no idea they existed at all. Seeing the ones underground was scary though, because they all looked mad.

Aerodactyl taking Ash and Charizard trying to save him was a good way to end the episode. Togepi's unofficial debut too. 10/10

CliveKoopa

This is one of my favourite episodes out of the whole series. Like Dawn's Mamoswine, Charizard evolved twice in just a few episodes. The music that accompanies Charizard's evolution is awesome and fits the scenes perfectly. Its just a pity that this isn't on the Anime Sound Collection as it is one of the best BGM tunes from the anime.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode was great. I love that Charmeleon evolved to kinda save Ash but it was really to fight Aerodactyl. And the Togepi egg appearing was great too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This is one of my favourite episodes out of the whole series. Like Dawn's Mamoswine, Charizard evolved twice in just a few episodes. The music that accompanies Charizard's evolution is awesome and fits the scenes perfectly. Its just a pity that this isn't on the Anime Sound Collection as it is one of the best BGM tunes from the anime.

Well Charizard came first. So it's actually Dawn's Pokemon that took on Charizard's characteristics and not the other way around :/

JohnLee

Probably the best episode I've seen in Kanto. It's my favorite. The plot itself is interesting.

I had always thought Fossil Pokemon could only be revived. I had no idea they existed at all. Seeing the ones underground was scary though, because they all looked mad.

Aerodactyl taking Ash and Charizard trying to save him was a good way to end the episode. Togepi's unofficial debut too. 10/10

Eh Charizard wasn't really trying to save Ash. It was wanting to battle aerodactyl and the only it could do that was evolve and fly. Also, we got the togepi egg in this episode.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Ahhhh, Charizard <3 this was a wonderful episode. I loved seeing the prehistoric pokemon & the plot was really great. I remember Aerodactyl scaring me when I was little. Lol. It sucks that Charizard couldn't see how much Ash cared about it.....that took all the way till the Orange Islands just for it to get hit by an Ice Beam :p

I give this a 9.8/10
because....
we didn't get much Gary development in this episode.