1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Attack on Lumiose Gym! The Clembot Forever!! (937)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: XYZ' started by Serebii, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Emperor Empoleon

Emperor Empoleon Honor of Kalos

I actually felt similar.

I mean it was very well performed, and I kind of like the call-back to Bonnie's song but...This is one of my least favorites tropes in all of fiction :L

Also, if I were a father, my child wouldn't be within any sort of distance of that situation. *ahem*

No, really. Limone. What are you doing?

I cannot be the only one who was expecting some level of realistic family drama and tension here. Right???

I mean, okay. Clemont is at least an independant 'man' by this world's standards and runs the Gym and all, but Bonnie? His little girl, trying to make nice with the big building sized snake? If there were ever a time to drop the act and be a dad...

2. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

Its probably the only and best way for Bonnie to calm down Zygarde.

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Why do I get the feeling these children will never know who the man behind the chicken mask is...?

4. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

LOL we know for a fact TF is going to lose, there is no buts. Unless you're suggesting that Gyarados not beating Ash and the others doesn't mean Gyarados wouldn't be able to beat everyone in the world which logically speaking makes absolutely no sense.

i can't even believe i'm trying to explain this to someone, but it goes to show that no matter how certain some things are, there will always be someone in denial.

5. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

Behind my mask is....

JOHN CENA! another mask!

Ok I'll stop.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  6. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

What? She sung the song or even hummed the tune in some episodes.

I guess your username fits you because Bonnie and Squishy bonding was really obvious especially in the episode where Squishy decided that it wasn't just because of convience that he stuck around but also he grew to like Bonnie.

If anything, Bonnie was probably the first human friend its made. Then by being with her, he observed and grew to understand how humans and Pokémon COULD coexist in harmony. But all this understanding was first made possible when Bonnie and Squishy created a bond.

7. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Wow Lysandre's mega Gyarados proved to be incredibly tough and I liked how even Malva stepped in to help Ash and his team. And Bonnie's crying scene with Zygarde was much more emotional to me than the Clembot's death scene hee hee. ^^;

8. Squirtle_007

Squirtle_007 Well-Known Member

That awkward moment when Clembot got better and more significant development than his creator

9. Xenon Blue

Fair enough. I still feel like the bond was really forced for the sake of moving the plot with nothing significant developing. The calming down of Zygarde was pretty rushed as well and felt like one of those "We are running out of time! Forget about fleshing it out! Get this over with!" moments. But hey, basically everyone disagrees with this, so I'm either crazy or a genius. I'm going to say I'm crazy.

10. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

Uh, they went two episodes with Squishy (Zygarde) out of control. I don't think its rushed at all. Next episode shows it transform into 100% mode too.

11. Sun Sol

Sun Sol Member

The song was also kind of pointless since Clembot shutting the machine down would have freed Squishy anyway.

But yeah, the episode was rather underwhelming, and it's odd how MDos keeps getting picks.

12. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

This wasn't going to be a thing that was going to last many episodes.

The fleshing out happened BEFORE this arc.

Come on people do you even watch the XY&Z series, the majority of this XY&Z series has revolved around Team Flare, and Puni-chan.

I'm sorry if those episodes were too boring to watch or pay attention to.

But nothing was out of place, nothing was forced, IF you were paying attention. Sure if you just hopped into the Team Flare arc, I can imagine anyone feeling like nothing made sense.

But Puni Chan and Team Flare didn't just suddenly come out of nowhere. There were quite a few episodes.

The only thing I can think of which was rushed, was the lack of Sycamore doing any research on Puni-chan, but managed to magically crack open a "stupidly nonsense" explanation for Ash-Greninja, and therefore the scene of Sycamore swabbing Puni Chan had no purpose except to say "well there he's on the case.....but it won't matter because we'll suddenly change everything, no need for Sycamore to come to the conclusion its related to Zygarde, let's just hastily explain it through Olympia and Diantha and have Ash-Greninja battle against Diantha but the pieces won't be fully connected until the conclusion arc"

But in the end that doesn't matter. We weren't going to get twenty episodes of Zygarde destroying Lumiose City. We're not going to get some cliffhanger moments that'll be resolved by the next season.

Pokemon is a series based show more than any anime I can think of, IT has to have a conclusion or at least infinitely open ended storyplots like the GS ball.

We can't have a majority of the Kalos region in disrepair and then next week as is suddenly on a plane to the Alola region with Professor Oak's cousin.

Instead we can only get a city in disrepair and then Ash says goodbye.

Pokemon aren't going to have a LONG arc, they never have that long arc that other anime shows have or American Shows.

Instead the best we can get is episodes throughout the series, and then a big arc at the end of a few episodes.

So of course Puni Chan being controlled was going to be resolved really quickly, because there isn't enough time in Pokemon to have a few episodes of Zygarde destroying everything and then SUDDENLY Bonnie breaks through to Zygarde.

Instead given the bond Bonnie and Puni Chan HAD throughout the entire XY&Z it makes perfect sense why Bonnie reached Puni-Chan as quickly as it did.

It would make no sense, Pokemon-wise, for Bonnie to fail at getting through to Puni-chan just to extend the time, and then only when at a critical point, Bonnie screams out in pain just to break through to Puni-Chan.

All this instead points to Team Flare being idiots into thinking that people were just going to let it happen and not fight back, or for thinking that there wasn't an extreme stop gap measure preventing the destruction.

Shows how amazing people are when fighting for something they love. Not to mention letting Puni Chan stay with twerps, because of whatever stupid reason of "well we don't see Puni Chan....let's go and pretend it didn't exist" which obviously a bane to their plan.

Of course there's still two episodes left, so we know Lysandre in particular isn't DONE just because he can't use Zygarde.

That's a faulty argument since Bonnie didn't know that Clemont would've freed both Zygarde. It happened so that at the very least Puni Chan would be on THEIR side rather than Team Flare's destructive side. On top of that Bonnie wasn't just going to let Puni Chan be destructive and be on its merry way destroying things in HOPES that SOME magical event like Clemont/Clembot would resolve the situation.

13. Janovy

Janovy Banned

LOL@people using words like 'fake' and 'forced' to describe Bonnie/Squishy relationship.

It's like they haven't actually seen all of the episodes that depict Squishy slowly growing more attached to Bonnie and learning to trust humans and being sung that same one song so many times.

The only thing forced here are the arguments claiming the relationship was forced.

14. a couple hours after watching the episode i thought mega gyrados had taken down ash's kalos team from last to first in some weird way it would be coming full circle that ash saves kalos with the 2 pokemon he started in kalos with (froakie/greninja and pikachu)but no hawlucha got taken out before goodra ...tbh i thought mega gyrados blew everyone away when he knocked out goodra with hyper beam while everyone was behind and hyper beam went straight through

Sorry if it doesnt make sense its midnight nd really tired

15. Xenon Blue

Ok fine I admit defeat.

The moment still felt really cringy to me though, but whatever that's not an issue.

16. Cetra

Cetra Pokémon Master

The problem is that you are the one in denial but blinded to not see it. Also like most people you cannot lean back for more than 3 seconds to actually read and consider what someone said, think about the actual context and what is meant with it, ignoring when somebody actually agrees, rendering the entire discussion useless which results in not only a waste of time but a negative atmosphere between us so please join a discussion only if you are ready to consider things or it is not gonna help anybody. That is actually something everybody should go for but sadly most don't.
    I already did say I do not disagree with you about the ridiculousness of Pokédex entries. And yes, of course Team Flare is going to lose. That has nothing to do with the thing that you do not know what a fact per scientific definition is. You are calling an assumption a fact. Things being stated to do something and not doing something are no prove for them not being able to do something. Therefore you cannot say "I know it is a fact". I even told you multiple times by now that I totally agree about how stupid the entries can be but you are too busy missing the context. There is a significant difference between saying "yes I think so, too" and "yes, I know that, too". And here the first one is appropriate. You should only reply if you have actually understood that because "lol, noes something has not shown to do something therefore it can't" is no scientific explanation for discovering a fact and so incredibly flawed and missing so many things, I cannot even believe that I have to say that. I can do a lot of things to achieve something but sometimes still intend to go a way that people would not have chosen. That is also the reason why in fiction characters, beings or things can do stuff x instead of y while fans wonder "but he already said he could do y, so why did he do x instead". It is called "following an intention" and has nothing to do with being a fact that the other thing is not possible. And that, to repeat what you said, is what common sense is.
    It has nothing to do with "oh Gyarados can't do this" because I even say that yes, maybe he can't do this. However you are totally missing the difference by doing the same mistake so many people do and acting like you know it when in reality you don't. You are just using flawed logic that is rendered void through the higher will of an author. If I invent a story and give someone an ability x and let them do something y and you say "what, why did you even make him do that, obviously he cannot do what you stated first" it is not gonna change that he very well can do x. I just decided do let him do y instead. And why can he still do x? Because it is up to me to say that. That is why in Dragon Ball it would be (example) totally dumb to say "Cell could not have teleported behind Gohan to kill him with the final attack or he would have done that" - that is a claim and not a known fact. A possibility ignoring the capabilities of a character was ignored by the author in favour of the way he wanted to narrate.
    So do me a favour and either re-consider it or let's end our discussion because your last reply led the discussion in a direction that is not good for us. Again, no one ever said "it is a fact Gyrados can do that". I am talking about you treating it like a fact that he can't, which you can't as your explanation is obviously no way to conclude so.

EDIT: Keep clinging onto your delusions like 95% of people if you want. You still cannot call something a known fact while not knowing. Anyway, you are on my ignore now because you follow the exact same behavioural pattern than most people. Don't think I have never seen something like that. I have seen too many of such people.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  17. DS0308

DS0308 <--- Actually me

Oh by the way, I think one thing that's being forgotten about the healed Pokemon situation was that we had a small transition scene from post-battle to ceremony where all the XY characters were chilling with Ash and Alain was all "hey I won the League but I don't really care". It's entirely plausible that during of this period of time there was some healing done, although I personally don't feel like debating that subject seeing as the writers can do what they want with how much strength they can have left in these scenarios.

18. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

lol
    you wrote a bible just to say the same bs

I'll try to explain this to you using your silly analogy: Gyarados can do Y, but he fails at doing Z and he needs Z in order to get X . Z is the ability to beat Ash and his friends and X is the ability to beat everyone in the pokemon world. Z is part of X, because Ash and his friends represent a small percentage of everyone in the pokemon world. THAT'S A FACT.

19. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

In the dub, they better not ruin Clembots death scene by breaking the silence. This was such a emotional episode... This arc is something else

20. Markerz

Markerz Well-Known Member

On top of that, a couple of the screenshots for the next episode show Z2's distrust when Bonnie stretches its arm out. Z2 already had human trust issues, and even now after being freed from enslavement, it's still wary of the girl Squishy trusts. The contrast is clear.

As Clemont's crying and about to mash the button to overload the machine, he'll scream a memorable line from another series. It'll be the English voiced 'OBJECTION' from the Phoenix Wright games, in honor of the Japanese voice actor's role in the Japanese anime.