• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack on Lumiose Gym! The Clembot Forever!! (937)

SebastiaanZ

Steven showing up, well that was not really a surprise since he was involved in the Mega Evolution Special, was awesome. His Mega Metagross owned those Flare guys (though again I shouldn't expect anything less from a Champion). Shiny Mega Gyarados owning Ash's team was awesome in a weird way, showing Lysandre's power compared to them.

I'll admit this much, I was pretty pissed off about the ending to the League, but Alain and Ash fighting side by side against Lysandre and the Team Flare arc sofar, are awesome. Plus I really do hope Alain will show up at a later time again or at least get a few more special episodes in the future. I know that won't happen, but hey he is the first real badass rival since Gary.

hottom3rd

overall ok ep. emotional scenes were good.

LAWL at Gyrados, but he needs OP status to create tension.. Malva.. wait huh?

Noivern... Goodra... Talonflame... no comment..

Overall okay. Greninja needs a bigger role, and screw Alain's MCX, he clearly had mega energy influence in the finals. Hope the writers are smart enough to capitalize on that potential.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
overall ok ep. emotional scenes were good.

LAWL at Gyrados, but he needs OP status to create tension.. Malva.. wait huh?

Noivern... Goodra... Talonflame... no comment..

Overall okay. Greninja needs a bigger role, and screw Alain's MCX, he clearly had mega energy influence in the finals. Hope the writers are smart enough to capitalize on that potential.

Malva reddemed way too uickly and unrealistical, just like Alain

diakyu

Gotta agree with those who said the Bonnie and Zygarde scene will be an iconic one from this saga. I didn't expect it to be THAT good, top 5 XY moments hands downs.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
While, as a whole, this episode was pretty average, the emotional scenes are by far the best of the series.

thor94

Steven showing up, well that was not really a surprise since he was involved in the Mega Evolution Special, was awesome. His Mega Metagross owned those Flare guys (though again I shouldn't expect anything less from a Champion). Shiny Mega Gyarados owning Ash's team was awesome in a weird way, showing Lysandre's power compared to them.

I'll admit this much, I was pretty pissed off about the ending to the League, but Alain and Ash fighting side by side against Lysandre and the Team Flare arc sofar, are awesome. Plus I really do hope Alain will show up at a later time again or at least get a few more special episodes in the future. I know that won't happen, but hey he is the first real badass rival since Gary.
You means Alain is awesome, ash was mainly useless and his pokemon dropped like flies (MCX alone done more than ash entire team together).
the awesome guy in the episode were lysandre (for the villain side), steven, alain and bonnie. Serena and clemont doing pretty good job too.

Epicocity

You means Alain is awesome, ash was mainly useless and his pokemon dropped like flies (MCX alone done more than ash entire team together).
the awesome guy in the episode were lysandre (for the villain side), steven, alain and bonnie. Serena and clemont doing pretty good job too.

Um...Ash took out Pyroar. If anything, Alain's the one who hasn't done much of anything yet other than having Megazard X get slapped by a few attacks. He's used Dragon Claw twice and been pretty much unsuccessful both times...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What do you mean they were redeemed too quickly? Neither of them were evil to begin with. Of course they would help fight against team flare. What did you expect them to do?

Malva was involved with TF more in the games and she was cool with how the player knew about it. She wasn't in the least guilty about helping them out.

Here, she apparently turned over a new leaf with almost no buildup to it. She's practically Alain without the filler between Act IV and this moment.

Epicocity

Malva was involved with TF more in the games and she was cool with how the player knew about it. She wasn't in the least guilty about helping them out.

Here, she apparently turned over a new leaf with almost no buildup to it. She's practically Alain without the filler between Act IV and this moment.

To be fair for Malva, she was hardly in need of redemption. We have no real idea of the extent of her involvement with Team Flare, only that she wanted to change the world and agreed with Lysandre about that. Once it became clear that Lysandre equated changing the world to destroying it, she jumped ship. Even as early as XYZ 39, we saw that she was very surprised about Lysandre's actions. Outside of that, we never once saw her actually work with Team Flare itself, so...she wasn't exactly turning over a new leaf so much as showing more of the leaf she'd already been on.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To be fair for Malva, she was hardly in need of redemption. We have no real idea of the extent of her involvement with Team Flare, only that she wanted to change the world and agreed with Lysandre about that. Once it became clear that Lysandre equated changing the world to destroying it, she jumped ship. Even as early as XYZ 39, we saw that she was very surprised about Lysandre's actions. Outside of that, we never once saw her actually work with Team Flare itself, so...she wasn't exactly turning over a new leaf so much as showing more of the leaf she'd already been on.

Well, in that case, she didn't get enough screen time.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Oh, they got enough screen time, but the problem with them is they're killjoys. Basically the only thing they have is worrying about their trainers and battling.

Even Greninja's broness with Hawlucha technically disappeared, for one.

Yeah that's pretty much it they lacked screentiem that showed off their personalities outside of: "Battling Machine"

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
That awkward moment when Clembot got better and more significant development than his creator

Even tho I'm not much of a Clembot fan, I still kind of appreciated the irony of its death having a much bigger impact than its creator has ever had. Clemont was hyped as the star here in the summary, yet his role seemed quite small compared to the Clembot's. ^^;

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review (yes I know it's late):

[IMG300]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f6918b2d430598704dd6e061f69adb7b/tumblr_inline_od7hguVwn71tvvsht_500.gif[/IMG300]

You just know that if this was PG-13 that it would be Clemont dying and not his repairable robot.

Pros:

* "Zettai Akiramenai!" Based OP is based

* Ladies and gentlement, Steven ****ing Stone

* Holy **** that Mega Gyarados doing work

* Ash with the Samwise LOTR-esque hero speech

* Emotional reaction by Alain

* Meyer tanking the shot

* Bonnie singing the Squishy song was totally the cheesiest thing I have ever seen, but the emotion and music was pretty epic for Pokéanime standards

* Ayy Clembrot. You the real MVP!

Neutrals:

* Hoping more from Serena and Manon, but instead Steven ****ing Stone steals the thunder

Cons:

* Where the hell are the Gangster Malamar?!?? RIP subplot...

* "Ultimate Team" everyone. RIP Mr. Big and Reliable, Lucha, Barney, and Smogonbird...*slow claps*

* Oh c'mon, can't we have one evil E4? Lysandre and Malva v Ash and Alain showdown potential. What a waste...

Not perfect, but yet another solid entry to this climax.

8.5/10

Let me just put me going into this ep one week before like this

Me: ok so that ep was cool
Me: might as well check bulbapedia for the character list
Me: *looks up XY134*
Me: *stares at character list*
Me: ...praise lord arceus hes f**KING IN IT

Then when I watched it, roughly a week later, in my local park [in no particular order]:
Me: Damn Lysandre some sweep you're doin huh
Me: ...Damn Bonnie you're gonna make me cry in public stop
Me: Damn Mable you just almost killed them
Me: No. No Clembot. Don't make me embarrass myself in public. Nope. Nopenopenopenopeno-
Me: ....Jessie no he's my senpai
Me: Damn Ash, that "we all have a tomorrow" quote is actually powerful
Me: ....
Me: Holy
Me: F**king
Me: S**t
Me: .... Behold! A guy flying in on his mega shiny steel supercomputer to save two girls a professor and those two guys he blasted off one time who then proceeds to blast a wall KO four Pokemon in one move and (lol) psychic a bunch of fashion freaks onto the ceiling

BUT OH MY GOD THAT ENTRNCE WAS NAILED I MEAN COME ON ITS BEEN 13 YEARS SINCE A MAIN ANIME APPEARANCE, 10 MONTHS SINCE THE OVA AND THE FIRST WE SEE IF HIM HE HAS BECOME THE CHAMPION AND IS NOW FLYING IN ON A MEGA SHINY STEEL COMPUTER AND THEN PROCEEDS TO BLAST FOUR POKEMON AND A WALL OUT OF HIS WAY FOLLOWED BY USING PYCHIC ON THE FASHION FREAKS AND THEN IT ALL RESULTS IN HIM FINDING HIS MASSIVE MEGALITH-SENPAI WHICH HE HAS TO FIGHT AGAINST

Your move Cynthia

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Loved the dub of this episode; it seems like they kept the Bonnie/Squishy song theme and I think the scene was as emotional as the original. Clembot wiping his memory and self destructing is still funny to me. 8/10

PArnott

Banned
dub was poor, that's all i gotta say, honestly- the music replacements were everywhere outside of the bonnie song mentioned above, voice acting was subpar, and the dialogue was mediocre at best

if i have to watch this again, it's gotta be in Japanese, i'm sorry