• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack on Titan Discussion Thread

With season 2 coming soon I thought I'd make a thread for this because I don't see one here. This thread's for both the manga and anime, it might be a good idea to put manga story in spoilers for anime only watchers because the manga is far ahead and it might spoil anime only watchers.

And also a question for everyone who wants to post here:

Did you like the Sub or Dub? And why?

Last edited:

ACEtrainer.Cedric..117

I prefer dub because I'm used to english i also like the subs but the dubs prevail. and I'm hyphed for season 2. I'd like to know what's in the basement and more of the backstory.
And thanks for making this thread.ill stick around here.ill check the trailer first i just checked the news and got here to find this.

Last edited:

Ominous Wind

Subs. If only because the Japanese Voice Actors give performances that I've never seen in a Dub.

As for this series, I need to catch up. Last time i read was when Levi faced Kenny at the bar.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I watched the show dubbed when it was airing on Toonami. I hadn't been interested in it when it was airing, but I made myself watch it when the dub was announced because I wasn't sure when else I was going to watch it. The first three episodes were a bit wonky simply because Bryce Papenbrook can't sound convincing as a child, but after the time skip, he was fine, so I have no qualms with him as Eren. My favorite voice actor is definitely Josh Grelle as Armin (although Jessica Calvello as Hange was great), but that's mainly because he stands out to me the most in memory since I honestly don't care too much for the anime. Despite that, I plan on watching the second season when it gets dubbed, which shouldn't take as long to pop up this time around. It'd be anywhere from three-to-five weeks, unless they go down the Space Dandy route and have the episodes air simultaneously, with no waiting at least three weeks for the dub of episode one. Because I'm sure they can totally do that, with or without Toonami.

I did watch Attack on Junior High as it was airing, however, and hadn't touched the dub, didn't see the need to. I thought it was alright, but I don't see why that spin-off was needed.

Attack on Titan was fun to watch, but I didn't care about the characters enough--I only remember, like, seven names off the top of my head--and the pacing was weird at times (it was easier to watch on DVD, though). I honestly preferred the movies over the anime, because the movies were self-contained and did more with the carnage than the TV series could. Also Hange's actress was a hoot.

ACEtrainer.Cedric..117

I've got a question. At some point in the manga eren finds out and talks to keith shadis about something about grisha.what was it that keith told him?

EDIT.got it!

Last edited:

Ampharosity

Electric Enthusiast
Sub. Sub is 99% of the time better than dub. There is no arguing with that statement.

kanrasan

Honestly, the AOT dub is not that bad. Some shows I actually prefer dubbed. you guys give the dub too much hate ;/

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Honestly, the AOT dub is not that bad. Some shows I actually prefer dubbed. you guys give the dub too much hate ;/

I'd have to agree with this statement. I could make an argument for dubs in general, but this isn't the place for that XD I will say that while I'm rather disappointed in the delay of season 2, it helps that I've been keeping up with the manga before season 1 ended. I can't wait to see it put into animation--it's gonna be great

uber gon

Accept Change
We go into the basement.
Grisha Jaeger confirmed for Illuminati.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I've read the first 20 or so chapters of the manga and I like the series, I just haven't caught up to current manga events yet. ^^; But the anime's great judging from the episodes of season one that I've seen. I prefer the subbed version.

uber gon

Accept Change
Well...... Grisha's life sucked.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Gotta feel for Grisha.