• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attack on Titan Discussion Thread

xEryChan

Demon Child
There does not seem to be so I am creating one. Season 3, part 2 of AoT airs on April 29th in Japan, which is right around the corner, and I don’t know about you but I am very, very excited.

So, what are you guys looking forward to seeing in the new season of the series?

Genaller

Silver Soul
From what I know in the manga, I genuinely think the action sequences in the upcoming cour will be the best in the entire series! I’m looking forward to those. There are some major reveals that I’m not a fan of which will probably be adapted, but that comes after the awesome action stuff, so for now I’ll just focus on what I’m hyped about and address those reveals when we get to them. All in all I’m really looking forward to the anime adaptation of this part of the story ^_^ (or at least most of it lol).

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What a coincidence. Just saw an animated little short by a Pokemon animator doing his take on Attack on Titan today lol.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Great first episode, loved it thoroughly from the beginning to the end. Armin got some solid focus and spotlight here, which was nice to see as he's arguably the one with the most amount of character depth in the whole show apart from Eren and Krista.....he's kinda got the shaft in Season 3 Part 1. Eren (my 3rd most favourite anime character) also made his presence felt throughout the episode via his strong character for which we'all know him, even though his titan transformation failed for some reason. The episode got really intense towards the end with the Beast Titan attacking all-out with his fellow huge titan army, leaving us all really hyped and excited for the next episode.

From the preview of the 2nd episode, it seems like that there's gonna be a ton of intense/action fighting throughout. I hope that my #1 anime girl Mikasa finally gets some spotlight....more importantly some solid titan butt-wrecking badass moments.....I really did miss her not being in the spotlight in Season 3 part 1, but that was obviously understandable as it was necessary to give some extra insight into Levi and Krista's characters.

I'm fully expecting this season to be an absolute blast and to shake me up to the core.....I'm a huge AOT fan myself, it's my 2nd most favourite anime of all time. :)

Last edited:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I really loved this episode. There was a lot more action this episode than there was in the first. It was focused mostly on Erwin. He came up with the idea of using Eren as bait to lure Reiner away from the horses. That ending was awesome and I can’t wait for the next one to see if Reiner survives or not. Also, Bertoldt is coming back as well.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Welp.....RIP Reiner in all probability, that's all I can say.

5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwK8XzoFW-jIhA9KMU4Ix9l0
5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwKQH_0om8fMwXZFyKJTccYs

Episode was super-duper intense, Eren vs Reiner and Erwin's soliloquy which gave us a good insight into his backstory were the highlights of this episode.

Can't really now wait to see what actually happened to Reiner in the next episode....the episode sort of ended on a cliffhanger with Reiner screaming in agony and then exploding after being impaled through and through with those Thunder-Spears. The preview of the next episode looks really good and I'm eagerly waiting for yet another super intense episode of this brutally epic series. :D

xEryChan

Demon Child
Solid episode. This is my favorite episode of the Season 3, Part 2 so far. Bertoldt got a lot of development this week and I really liked that. We got to see how Marco died all the way back in the first season, which was quite sad.

Overall, I am loving this season so far and I’m looking forward to watching note.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
This season is just turning out to be really amazing....the sheer intensity and epicness is just shaking me up to the core, simply setting a completely new benchmark in terms of quality, that's all I can say. I am starting to wonder whether Attack On Titan will really start to give a strong challenge to FMA:B (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) for the spot of my #1 anime after this season is over. Oof, I kinda still have a hangover of the last episode! O.O

Is Erwin gonna die?!?!?!

5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwMXKTFhsMxJLAkma9Vo7O4w7t7z3JqTbCKFCAkn0AGKw

Last edited:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Just finished the latest AoT episode. Sad about Captain Erwin, he was great and easily one of my favorites. Mikasa is so irritating, she really got on my nerves in the last episode. Kind of felt bad for Bertoldt, I actually kind of liked him but he also had it coming.

Overall, that was a decent episode. I just don’t think I’ll agree with Levi using the syringe on Armin instead of Erwin.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oh, so you anime-only watchers are finally gonna learn exactly what's in that basement. This thread will get...interesting.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So Mikasa is apparently being hated because she was prioritizing Armin over Erwin and like Eren, badly wanted to save him? How was that unexpected even in the slightest considering the friendship she, Eren and Armin had shared since their very childhood? Levi, on the other hand, was understandably from his side prioritizing Erwin over Armin, since he did consider Erwin way more valuable to humanity compared to Armin, a.k.a. he was basically opposing Eren & Mikasa's last hope of saving their childhood buddy. If Levi used the syringe on Erwin, it would have meant at the moment R.I.P. Armin. How can you even in the slightest expect Eren and Mikasa to stand still and witness something that ensures the death Armin, after all they have been throughout in their life? Mikasa's attack on Levi (especially after Levi forcefully knocked aside Eren) was very much natural and justified considering the context and the whole scenario.

Mikasa haters just seem to need an excuse.

Anyway, this season has just been nothing sort of totally phenomenal and mindblowing as a whole, it has just completely set a new benchmark in terms of sheer quality, and it has expectedly left millions of viewers simply stunned so far.

Easily evident from how this series has made an unbelievable rise in the Top rankings of MAL, currently ranked #2 with an mean score of 9.15, only behind FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (which has been #1 there for ages). :)

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
@345ash-greninja People are extremely annoyed at Eren and Mikasa because they were basically throwing tantrums like petulant kids, and using no logic and were basically emotionally blackmailing Levi into saving Armin. In a literal post apocalyptic world, people should have to prioritise the best chances of survival, and Erwin was that option over Armin. Levi decided to use the syringe on Erwin instead, Eren started talking about his bs generic dream of wanting to see the sea with Armin, while Mikasa literally attacked Levi (who is lucky that Levi was injured, cause a healthy Levi would've beat her up 10x more than he did Eren in season 1 for that). Fact is, from Levi's PoV, Erwin was much more worth saving than Armin (who barring having occasional moments of strategy, was otherwise too much of a pussy and was a liability). Also, Eren only talks about that generic bs about wanting to see the sea with Armin, what about poor Erwin who wanted to see the basement and learn about the world? Learning about the world >>>> wanting to see the ****ing sea. Fact of the matter is, Armin didn't deserve being saved over Erwin, and it was only thanks to Erwin making peace with his death did Levi ultimately decide save Armin. If not, if anyone were in Levi's shoes, they would've definitely prioritised Erwin over that liability Armin.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
@345ash-greninja People are extremely annoyed at Eren and Mikasa because they were basically throwing tantrums like petulant kids, and using no logic and were basically emotionally blackmailing Levi into saving Armin. Once Levi decided to use the syringe on Erwin instead, Eren started talking about his bs generic dream of wanting to see the sea with Armin, while Mikasa literally attacked Levi (who is lucky that Levi was injured, cause a healthy Levi would've beat her up 10x more than he did Eren in season 1 for that). Fact is, from Levi's PoV, Erwin was much more worth saving than Armin (who barring had occasional moments of strategy, was otherwise too much of a pussy and was a liability). Also, Eren only talks about that generic bs about wanting to see the sea with Armin, what about poor Erwin who wanted to see the basement and learn about the world? Learning about the world >>>> wanting to see the ****ing sea. Fact of the matter is, Armin didn't deserve being saved over Erwin, and it was only thanks to Erwin making peace with his death did Levi ultimately decide save Armin. If not, if anyone were in Levi's shoes, they would've definitely prioritised Erwin over that liability Armin.

Did you really forget the enormous amount of valiance and sheer intellgence Armin showed against Bertold in just the preceding episode? He was the primary and the major reason that the seemingly unstoppable Collosal Titan was brought down. What he did there wasn't anything less valiant than whatever Erwin has done until date. Apparently Armin becomes a liability after all that.

Also how was it a generic BS lmao? Whatever Eren said was very much justified after what he, Mikasa and Armin have together been through their childhood and adolescence together, they both were showing their true and genuine feelings for their dear childhood friend.

Also another thing:

while Mikasa literally attacked Levi (who is lucky that Levi was injured, cause a healthy Levi would've beat her up 10x more than he did Eren in season 1 for that).

Lol no. Levi is stronger, but you're seriously underestimating Mikasa's strength. She's the 2nd most strongest warrior (apart from the Titan shifters) in AoT overall after Levi, and herself has wrecked countless Titans like chumps. In the 1st season, she was mentioned to be equal to a 100 soldiers, for your kind information.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The argument above this is going to be rendered hilarious next week

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
@345ash-greninja implying that Levi isn't equivalent to more than 100 soldiers. Also, about Armin, I did say that he has shown a few moments, but overall, he's proven to be more of a liability than he has proven to be useful. You seem to think that wanting to see the 'sea' was emotional, but completely seem to be forgetting the fact that Erwin too had a dream of his own, that was to see the basement.

Also
That Jordan gif is actually hillarious since its basically Jordan laughing at you instead. Armin after the timeskip does nothing of note, further proving that his saving was a waste over Erwin.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
@345ash-greninja implying that Levi isn't equivalent to more than 100 soldiers.
Obviously he is, even more than that, but a hypothetical matchup between Levi and Mikasa would be far-less lop-sided than what you seem to think, based on how strong Mikasa has proved to be on several occasions. I am referring to what you said here:
while Mikasa literally attacked Levi (who is lucky that Levi was injured, cause a healthy Levi would've beat her up 10x more than he did Eren in season 1 for that).

Also, about Armin, I did say that he has shown a few moments, but overall, he's proven to be more of a liability than he has proven to be useful.

His moment (more so his overall contribution in bringing down the Colossal Titan) was a very standout one indeed, and it's very hard to actually say that Erwin has actually done something more or even equal valiant and effective as that.

You seem to think that wanting to see the 'sea' was emotional, but completely seem to be forgetting the fact that Erwin too had a dream of his own, that was to see the basement.
Sure, not denying that, but it's certainly not unexpected or unnatural for Eren/Mikasa to show favoritism towards their own childhood friend Armin after all they have been through together.

Also
That Jordan gif is actually hillarious since its basically Jordan laughing at you for being a massive dumbass. Armin after the timeskip does nothing of note, further proving that his saving was a waste over Erwin.

But the decision to save Armin or Erwin was to be taken before all that (the timeskip), so Armin's massive contribution and display of sheer intelligence and valiance is something which was something also to be considered while deciding whether to save Armin or Erwin. So nope, it's actually Jordan laughing at you there.

*Anyways, I edited it out*

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Tried watching five episodes of this and got bored so I dropped it. Don’t even plan on continuing this! The art style isn’t to my liking (especially the eyes) and the overall atmosphere feels like a bit of a snooze fest to me. Same with that Eren person and Mikasa.

Dream Lad

Banned
Tried watching five episodes of this and got bored so I dropped it. Don’t even plan on continuing this! The art style isn’t to my liking (especially the eyes) and the overall atmosphere feels like a bit of a snooze fest to me. Same with that Eren person and Mikasa.

I dropped it once, but then tried it again, and enjoyed it. It has some insanely epic moments.

Honestly, having a quality anime that doesn't involve a high school in any capacity is just refreshing.