• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attacks you think pokemon shouldn't learn V.2.

Clash

He's Back!
Togepi with Fire Blast. =\

Otter16

Leaf Storm
In DP they can't but in other gens Poliwrath and Politoad could learn iron tail.

Ridley

Rawr
Murkrow should learn Sucker Punch, but this move should have a different name something like Ambush, as in Japanese.

Is that really what it translates as? That makes a lot more sense then, since pokemon like Mightyena and Murkrow can learn it.

Cubed

You best believe it
Why not? It's a cursed bug, I'd let it do whatever it wants. Maybe the sand is summoned from the crack in the back of his shell...

It's more the fact that Nincada was part ground. I find Pokemon like Hitmontop learning Sandstorm creepier.

Arbok

aka Arbok
It's more the fact that Nincada was part ground. I find Pokemon like Hitmontop learning Sandstorm creepier.

Or Blissey.

But, I actually mentioned the Sandstorm thing because.. Shedinja just would kill itself. Heh, it's weird, but it's still not a problem that it learns sandstorm, though..

Sharpay Oak

EVAPORATE, NOOB!!!
Cubed said:
Lileep/Cradily shouldn't learn Stockpile and others. Where does it eat?

Well, I suppose they drain nutrients from the ground. Since they are Grass Pokemon that have roots.

damasta

da masta of them all
aggron being able to use surf. aggron is steel and rock type. not water type.

Arbok

aka Arbok
aggron being able to use surf. aggron is steel and rock type. not water type.

Rhydon can learn it too. It maybe has some kind of.. resistance because it's made of steel. Or something.

Weird that someone really can get attracted to a Feebas, though. And it's also weird that you can't attract the same gender. And it's also weird that you can't be attracted to genderless Pokémon like Voltorb.

j_hunter

Weedles in the sugar
I don't get how Surf works... where does the water come from?

And almost any Pokemon can learn Toxic. I don't get that. Also, why are the Thunder moves (Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave etc.) represented by electricity? Shouldn't they be represented by soundwaves, or else be Lightning moves?

Arbok

aka Arbok
I don't get how Surf works... where does the water come from?

And almost any Pokemon can learn Toxic. I don't get that. Also, why are the Thunder moves (Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave etc.) represented by electricity? Shouldn't they be represented by soundwaves, or else be Lightning moves?

How can you fly underwater? Pokémon isn't real. It all can happen there.

Ridley

Rawr

In almost all video games (Mostly RPGs like Final Fantasy) thunder, lightning, and electricity are interchangable. It's just become a convention in video games, probably because "thunder" is the shortest of the words, and many old games had limited character space.