• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attacks you think pokemon shouldn't learn V.2.

Sharpay Oak

EVAPORATE, NOOB!!!
DeanoDance said:
They do. They're moles, they have claws hidden underground.

Dramatic Melody said:
Diglett/Dugtrio and Scratch/Slash.

What he said. I agree. Diglett and Dugtrio are moles, so they probrably have claws below the soil. But they just never show them, weird...

pkmn4eva said:
i dont think that so many pokemon should learn ice beam/thunderbolt/flamethrower and blizzard/thunder/fire blast

Actually, tecnically only most of the legendaries or Dragons can use it. But then again, as I said before, I can't imagine Gyarados summoning lightning from the sky. And how does it learn Flamethrower? How can it breathe fire? (OK, I know it's a sea serpent and all, but I really can't think of how it can actually spout fire!)

Octillery and it's moveset. >_<

Though it's fun having an octopus learn such a variety of attacks. ^_^

I think it learns a lot of line moves (Beams and such), and any "gun" or "cannon" like attack, such as bullet seed, ice beam, hyper beam, solarbeam, flamethrower, etc. It makes since, given that it's name happens to be "Octillery" as in Artillery.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
It's very weird some first staged little pokemonlearn EQ, ground and rock type who learn it by level it is some what acceptable, because they need EQ in thier level up, but pokemon like Teddiursa...it's very weird.

Redcell

Male version wanted
The Regis are robots?

Djura

99% chance to hit
The Regis are robots?
Yes. They are. The Regis ARE robots. In the 3D Pokémon games, Regice makes robot-like motions. Registeel has a cry similar to a robot. Regirock makes robot-like sounds in movie 8. And I'm not very sure if Regigigas is a robot.

Last edited:

Redcell

Male version wanted
that does not does not mean they are robots.and i thought their were no robot pokemon.oh that is off the subject.I think it is odd that Mew learns all moves and Arceus does not.is not he (it) the pokegod?

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
that does not does not mean they are robots.and i thought their were no robot pokemon.oh that is off the subject.I think it is odd that Mew learns all moves and Arceus does not.is not he (it) the pokegod?

Arceus can't learn all the moves because it can't physically do them e.g. the punching moves, but that in itself is quite weird since it's PokeDex Entry says it has 1,000 arms, hmm...T_T I hate contridiction...

...and I've always thought the Regis were Idols not robots...

John13wb

Earthbound Hero
Pikachu can learn Surf through Pokebox, but thats not cool.

Also, i find it hard to believe that Salamance can use Hydro Pump, but i'm not complaining.

Redcell

Male version wanted
how come mew learns everything though?Serously a mouse flying

Normal Pokemon (ones with no other types) Are amazing. They almost always have a cool variety of moves.

I found it odd that lunatone can learn shadow ball, charge beam and grass knot. Oo Same with solrock, except it learns solarbeam (which is kinda weird considering it 'absorbs the sun's power or whatever Oo)

Chimecho3000

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Normal Pokemon (ones with no other types) Are amazing. They almost always have a cool variety of moves.

I found it odd that lunatone can learn shadow ball, charge beam and grass knot. Oo Same with solrock, except it learns solarbeam (which is kinda weird considering it 'absorbs the sun's power or whatever Oo)
Psychic types can easily pull of a Shadow Ball, so it's not weird, as for Charge Beam, well it stores power/energy so it can use it, also osme like Kazam and Devoir learn Thunderbolt which is weirder thna Charge Beam, as for Grass Knot I can't explain it since it's weird for alot of pokemon, also Solrock isn't weird with Solar Beam, it's a solar rock, that absorbs sun light, so = solar beam.

ArcaneFlare

Shiny Team Builder
Why do Donphan have the ability to do Ice Shard? It's very effective, but Isn't that what Mamoswine is for?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Infernape knowing solarbeam and grass knot is kind of weird to me

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Why do Donphan have the ability to do Ice Shard? It's very effective, but Isn't that what Mamoswine is for?
Well I don't know how he can pull it off but I'm guessing because Donphan and Mamoswine are somewhat related (Elephant and Mamoth), also it's good for both Donphan and Mamoswine.

Redcell

Male version wanted
I just got proof that regice is not a robot!"It's body is made out of ice from the ice age"
Oh and about moves why does thunder have 10 pp instead of 5 like hydro pump,fire blast,and
blizzard?