• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attacks you think pokemon shouldn't learn V.2.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Diglitt and Dugrio shouldn't learn Scratch or Slash or Suckerpunch for reasons that have not been pointed out to us yet.
Snorlax and Rhydon should not learn surf.

And that is all my head can think of right now D=

Snorlax is built for surf it is a big fat thing that floats.

Any time I see a Persian with Thunderbolt I'm mad.

Arbok

aka Arbok
how a dratini can use thunder,fire blast

Rattata can. Why not a 'powerfull' dragon?

But we never see it's body. It has to expose SOME part of it.

Wooper shouldn't learn Ice Punch, and Prinplup shouldn't learn Metal Claw.

Metal Claw fits Prinplup imo. The large fin claw things..

Diglitt and Dugrio shouldn't learn Scratch or Slash or Suckerpunch for reasons that have not been pointed out to us yet.
Snorlax and Rhydon should not learn surf.

And that is all my head can think of right now D=

Diglett has claws, ánd Sucker Punch was called Ambush in Japanese, it's just a random, bad translation.

Zangoose -_- holy crap that is one BIG movepool that it can't even use.

-Water pulse
-Ice beam
-Giga drain
-Solarbeam
-Thunderbolt
-Shock Wave
-Flamethrower
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast

It doesn't look like it could be capable of learning all those special moves, but it can. It can't utilize those special moves because it's special attack blows, but it can learn them.

And rhydon with surf and ice beam...makes total sense [/lies]

Arbok

aka Arbok
Little kids play Pokémon too. My lil nephew's Zangoose?

- Fire Blast
- Blizzard / Ice Beam (whatever it can)
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Solarbeam

Eh.

Alot normal Pokémon can use alot of those moves.

I really don't see zangoose as something like the cutie normal pokemon like clefable and wigglytuff and delcatty that learn all these special moves. It's a physical attacker with long sharp claws. The thing that makes me dumbfounded most is its ability to learn solarbeam and giga drain.

Prince_PJ

Infinity's got 23
I think EVERYONE has the wrong idea about Sucker Punch. And not just because it's Japanese name is Ambush, but that's only the beginning of understanding.

Sucker Punch isn't LITERALLY a punch. "But PJ," you will say, "It says punch, of course it's a punch!" No, it's just like... a figure of speech. All it means is that it's a surprise attack. Did nobody think of this? Is it so far fetched that "Sucker Punch" isn't a punch at all?

When you, "Sucker Punch," someone, you don't literally have to punch them. Nintendo didn't think it sounded cool (Or atleast, that wouldn't be the only reason), they knew it made sense, if you weren't retarded.

Now this part isn't logic, but a guess... I assume Diglett/Dugtrio scratch/slash with dirt. Sharp dirt? Yeah, it could hurt, so that's why it could learn moves like Aerial Ace and Fury Cutter and what have you.

And all the people bringing up Octillery... so very dumb. It's kinda obvious why it learns all those moves. Why bring types of moves into it, when it's obvious why it gets those moves?

In fact, I don't think Wailord should learn Bounce, except that it SHOULD, because it's ****ing hilarious. I still think Bounce would be a whole lot better if the damage it did was based off weight of the user, or possibley some equation involving the weight of the user versus the weight of the Pokemon recieving damage. Just IMAGINE. That'd be amazing.

I think EVERYONE has the wrong idea about Sucker Punch. And not just because it's Japanese name is Ambush, but that's only the beginning of understanding.

Sucker Punch isn't LITERALLY a punch. "But PJ," you will say, "It says punch, of course it's a punch!" No, it's just like... a figure of speech. All it means is that it's a surprise attack. Did nobody think of this? Is it so far fetched that "Sucker Punch" isn't a punch at all?

When you, "Sucker Punch," someone, you don't literally have to punch them. Nintendo didn't think it sounded cool (Or atleast, that wouldn't be the only reason), they knew it made sense, if you weren't retarded.

This is completely true, as sucker punch just means that you catch someone off guard and give them an unexpected blow...not necessarily a punch. Although...ambush made just as much sense as sucker punch and would confuse people much less.

Now this part isn't logic, but a guess... I assume Diglett/Dugtrio scratch/slash with dirt. Sharp dirt? Yeah, it could hurt, so that's why it could learn moves like Aerial Ace and Fury Cutter and what have you.

I don't understand why it is SO hard for people to imagine that diglet/dugtrio actually have claws. You can't see them because they never come out of the ground. How else do you think it digs? They are moles, moles have claws to dig. That's also why they learn slash. As for aerial ace, that attack is based off of the swift use of a sharp object...which is why pokemon with claws learn it.

And all the people bringing up Octillery... so very dumb. It's kinda obvious why it learns all those moves. Why bring types of moves into it, when it's obvious why it gets those moves?

Yes, even though its movepool seems very strange, it does learn those attacks for a reason. It learns projectile attacks because it is based on arTILLERY...and did anybody ever notice how remoraid looks like a gun?

In fact, I don't think Wailord should learn Bounce, except that it SHOULD, because it's ****ing hilarious. I still think Bounce would be a whole lot better if the damage it did was based off weight of the user, or possibley some equation involving the weight of the user versus the weight of the Pokemon recieving damage. Just IMAGINE. That'd be amazing.

They learn bounce because wailmer is a ball whale...like bouncing a ball. And wailord is a float whale...it is filled with a lot of air...which would obviously make it bouncy.

Comments in bold.

Last edited:

Prince_PJ

Infinity's got 23
Ah, righto. And I only assume the dirt thing for Diglett/Dugtrio because, although obviously they have claws and what-not for digging, I just assumed, since they've never been seen, they don't use them for slashing. But that's just my idea.

I didn't even think of the ball thing for bounce... still hilarious though.

Azelf of Cruxis

| Ancient Chaos |
If Giga Drain was a physical move, it's make more sence on Zangoose. Kabutops has scythes and it drains it's victims of fluids, why not Zangoose and it's claws?

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Um, well

tri attack on doduo
Close combat on staraptor

Azelf of Cruxis

| Ancient Chaos |
Staraptor's a very vicious predatory bird.. so I guess Close Combat kinda suits it. Plus, it's good for competitive play.

Doduo with Tri Attack. Huh. I thought it didn't learn that until it evolved.

galazyxe

High on Sugar!!
Also, why are the Thunder moves (Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave etc.) represented by electricity? Shouldn't they be represented by soundwaves, or else be Lightning moves?

its because Thomas Edison discovered that lightning IS electricity. thats why the thunders fall under the electric type. it makes perfect sense.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
Staraptor's a very vicious predatory bird.. so I guess Close Combat kinda suits it. Plus, it's good for competitive play.

.....staraptor has no arms how dose it even use close combat?!?but in pbr it just tackles the opponet

i dont really like rapadashes move set in d/p tooo long just to get another good attack (bounce ect) it should learn flame thrower
edit:^ now that u put it like that ive never heard of a thunderbolt

Masquerain

matching avatar ftw
Normal types learning T-Bolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam by TM. Literally ALL of them can, but it doesnt make much sense. T-Bolt and Thunder on Lapras as well.