• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attacks you think pokemon shouldn't learn V.2.

MidnightStorm

Well, just about every Pokemon can learn Rest except for like Weedle/Caterpie/Wurmple. Why? They deserve a Rest every once in a while.

Elequirrel

< next target
.....staraptor has no arms how dose it even use close combat?!?but in pbr it just tackles the opponet

i dont really like rapadashes move set in d/p tooo long just to get another good attack (bounce ect) it should learn flame thrower
edit:^ now that u put it like that ive never heard of a thunderbolt

Staraptor has a beak and claws...does'nt that make any sence to you?

Captain Murkrow

SACRE F-ING BLEU!

Well, it's actually weird that he can learn Bullet Seed (I mean, where are those seeds from?), but it's actually common sense if Raticate, for example, can learn Blizzard and Thunderbolt.

The reason it learns bullet seed, is because it's a little hint towards The Legend of Zelda (Octorok anyone?)

Why does Typhlosion learn Thunderpunch in G/S/C?

Arbok

aka Arbok
The reason it learns bullet seed, is because it's a little hint towards The Legend of Zelda (Octorok anyone?)

Why does Typhlosion learn Thunderpunch in G/S/C?

Because Charmeleon learned Metal Claw in LG/FR. Other words, it was needed to punish Water opponents, I guess.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Skuntank's explosion makes no sense. Or Flamethrower.

Skuntank's explosion makes no sense. Or Flamethrower.

It has gases in its body under high pressure...similar to weezing...thus it has explosion. And many gases that are poisonous have a tendency to be very flammable and ignite easily...thus flamethrower.

I fail to understand how Gyarados/Octillery can learn Fire attacks.

Gyarados' legend is the reason it learns fire attacks. As usual...I don't feel like explaining it in detail...but lets just say that in the legend it gained powerful strength and the ability to fly, but instead of flying it decided to misuse its powers to rampage and destroy cities...which is why it learns attacks like thrash, dragon rage, hyper beam, earthquake thunderbolt, and flamethrower.
Octillery is based on artillery *duh*...so it learns a lot of projectile attacks like bullet seed, signal beam, psybeam, bubblebeam, hyper beam, ice beam, and flamethrower. You can also look at it's tubular mouth and think of the actual flamethrower weapon.

Last edited:

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
I don't believe any pokemon but Grumpig, Spoink and maybe Politoed should learn bounce. I mean it bounces up into the sky and on the next turn attacks so it has to jump pretty high right. So then how do all the other pokemon learn it like Ponyta, finneon, buneary, Mantine and aipom use bounce.

Also, hoppip learns bounce, I mean what the, what damaged could hoppip do. Also, I feel sorry for any pokemon that a wailord uses bounce on. I mean it would get squished like a bug.