• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attempt at a Hail Stall

I've gotten bored with Rain, Sandstorm, and Sun, so I decided to try and make a Hail Stall team since i've never done it before.

I've been pretty sucessful with this team on PO, I think i've Won about 8 times and Lost about 3. Not bad for just building it, right?

460.gif

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer

Obviously needed a pokemon to bring the Hail, so here's Abomasnow. Choice Scarf Set so it could revenge kill other Weather Inducers. Blizzard for STAB, HP [Fire] for Ferrothorn, Forretress, or any other grass or steel type, Earthquake for Tyranitar and or Ninetales, Wood Hammer for Politoed and Hippowdon, also STAB.

073.gif

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Hex

When making a hail stall team, I wanted a rapid spinner and something that could setup. So this is where Tentacruel comes in. Toxic Spikes to make Stalling more fun, Rapid Spin to get rid of other entry hazards, and Scald incase their immune to Toxic, and Hex to do some damage.

242.gif

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

I needed a Special Wall, so this is where Blissey comes in. Seismic Toss so it could do some damage, usually 28%-39% damage. Toxic so Chansey could stall. Stealth Rock to do a little damage. Softboiled to help stay alive.

472.gif

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

I needed a good Physical Wall, so this is where Gliscor comes in. Taunt for Ferrothorn, Reuniclus, or anything that its faster. Toxic if they're flying type or have Levitate, EQ for STAB, Ice Fang for coverage. Still messing with the EV Spread

579.gif

Reuniclus (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover

I needed a Sweeper of some sort, so this is where Reuniclus comes in. Reuniclus is great in Hail since it doesn't get damaged by it due to Magic Guard. Toxic Orb so it won't get paralyzed, frozen, or put to sleep. Calm Mind to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense. Psyschock over Psychic to do more damage to other CM Reuniclus running Psychic, other bulky Psychics, or Blissey/Chansey. HP [Fighting] over Focus Blast for accuracy because if Focus Blast misses, i'm screwed. Recover to help stay alive

561.gif

Sigilyph (M) @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

Needed quite a good Physical Wall, so this is where sigilyph comes in. With Flame Orb and Psycho Shift, it can cripple Physical types along with Cosmic Power to boost its Defenses and gets really annoying.

And that's my team.
Please Rate and help me out so I could make it better :)

Changes will be in BOLD

Last edited:

Chocolatepie2

I travel by TARDIS
If you're using hail, then all your pokes should be immune or at least have leftovers. Otherwise you're stalling at your own peril. So, maybe Blissey w/lefties over Chansey and give Milotic lefties. Quagsire does get recover if you want to use that.
Edit: Looks decent otherwise.

If you're using hail, then all your pokes should be immune or at least have leftovers. Otherwise you're stalling at your own peril. So, maybe Blissey w/lefties over Chansey and give Milotic lefties. Quagsire does get recover if you want to use that.
Edit: Looks decent otherwise.

I don't mind if they get hit my Hail, That's why Chansey has Softboiled and Milotic has Rest.

Quagsire has rest so it could get rid of status stuff like WoW or Toxic

Chocolatepie2

I travel by TARDIS
I don't mind if they get hit my Hail, That's why Chansey has Softboiled and Milotic has Rest.

Quagsire has rest so it could get rid of status stuff like WoW or Toxic
True, but is either Chansey or Milotic fast? They both risk being hit before they recover. Still, if you don't mind and it works for you killing yourself, just ignore my suggestions.

Thats why I usually bring in Chansey for Special Attacks and it usually survives it, and Milotic for Physical attacks, and it survives it

But, ill give Blissey a test for now, see which does better

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
NO! Don't have all your Pokemon immune to Hail because then you'll only have Ice Types, and they suck Defensively. My only suggestion is that you swap Spikes for Stealth Rock 'cause nobody's immune to it.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
This is a hail stall team? Where is Walrein?! Where's Tentacruel?!!

Huspoel

Maybe a Fire Absorber since you have two poke's with 4x Weakness to fire!?

Maybe a Fire Absorber since you have two poke's with 4[BANNER][/BANNER]x to fire!?
Tested the Blissey thing, didn't work out as well :/

But anyway:
I don't mind have 2 Pokemon 4x to fire. Aboma has EQ anyway and Forretress just needed to get toxic spikes down, and its ok to die, but i usually switch out to Chansey if its Ninetales or another SpAttacking fire type it Milotic if its a physical fire type.

CraZy RudOlF

disc: Ruben E#0316
I've gotten bored with Rain, Sandstorm, and Sun, so I decided to try and make a Hail Stall team since i've never done it before.

I've been pretty sucessful with this team on PO, I think i've Won about 8 times and Lost about 3. Not bad for just building it, right?

460.gif

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer

Obviously needed a pokemon to bring the Hail, so here's Abomasnow. Choice Scarf Set so it could revenge kill other Weather Inducers. Blizzard for STAB, HP [Fire] for Ferrothorn, Forretress, or any other grass or steel type, Earthquake for Tyranitar and or Ninetales, Wood Hammer for Politoed and Hippowdon, also STAB.

Since ur a badass staller why not make stall abomasnow :3 lol

Abomasnow @ leftovers
Calm 252 Hp 252 SpD 4 Def
Giga Drain
Blizzard
Leech Seed
Protect

205.gif

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

When making a hail stall team, I wanted a rapid spinner and something that could setup. So this is where Forretress comes in. Spikes and Toxic Spikes to make Stalling more fun, Rapid Spin to get rid of other entry hazards, and Volt Switch so I could do damage and switch out at the same time.

could be swapped for mamoswine as ur team only have 2 hail imunes :3 abomasnow also gets SR ._.

113.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled

I needed a Special Wall and something that could take a couple of Physical moves, so this is where Eviolite Chansey comes in. Seismic Toss so it could do some damage, usually 28%-33% damage. Toxic so Chansey could stall. Stealth Rock incase Forretress isn't alive and most of the time, Chansey usually sets up. Softboiled to help stay alive.

350.gif

Milotic (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Dragon Tail

I needed a good Physical Wall, so this is where Milotic comes in. Flame Orb to activate Marvel scale, boosting its Defenses to 381. RestTalk moveset so it can phaze with Dragon Tail. Scald to hopefully burn something, making their Physical pokemon useless against Milotic.

Maybe swap for altaria xPPPpp

579.gif

Reuniclus (M) @ Toxic Orb
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover

I needed a Sweeper of some sort, so this is where Reuniclus comes in. Reuniclus is great in Hail since it doesn't get damaged by it due to Magic Guard. Toxic Orb so it won't get paralyzed, frozen, or put to sleep. Calm Mind to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense. Psyschock over Psychic to do more damage to other CM Reuniclus running Psychic, other bulky Psychics, or Blissey/Chansey. HP [Fighting] over Focus Blast for accuracy because if Focus Blast misses, i'm screwed. Recover to help stay alive

195.gif

Quagsire (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 164 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stockpile
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Rest

I wanted a pokemon to bring in incase Milotic or Chansey dies, so this is where Quagsire comes in. Thanks to its new ability, Unaware, in can come in on any pokemon setting up and just laugh at them. Stockpile to boost both its Defense and SpDef, Waterfall for STAB, Toxic to stall, and Rest to get rid of any Status Ailments and to regain HP

And that's my team.
Please Rate and help me out so I could make it better :)

Changes will be in BOLD

.__________________________.

xbinox

Have you given mandibuzz a thought? it makes a great special staller, with the sub protect of a walrein... almost... but it also has access to roost, and knock off. Using overcoat it takes no damage from hail and can sub protect, then protect roost for I think 400% damage in hail? don't quote me on that, but if walrein with protect and sub gets 200% then Mandibuzz gets either 300 or 400 percent. I can't remember subs PP at the moment, but if it's 16 its gonna be able to get about 300% damage, if its 32 the 400% granted you play it right. Knock off gets rid of pesky lefties users and such, so good ol' mandi could possible take the slot over chancy, but it doesn't really need to seeing as chancy can do what mandi does, it just looses immunity to hail and is a bit more defensive. On one last note, you could give glaceon a try, it's stab blizard with max sp. attack is obscenely powerful :)

oh crap just realized with a couple of your pokes you're not UU which is what my suggestions were aimed at, still if you don't want to keep fortress... :3 anyways, there are a few good toxic spikers in uu as well and spikers, such as nidoqueen, and ... well spikers got shafted I can't think of any at the moment. Anyways best of luck to you :)

Last edited:
No hail is complete without walrein. ADD IT NOW

OFWGKTA

Nice Team :)
I think i might want to make a team like this.

and Weaviledarkrai, all hail teams dont have to be complete with Walrein..