• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attention, overworld sprite makers!

KingBoo1

The Pokémon Weaver
A Raikou dashes through a SerebiiForums city. Mounted on it is a Trainer with a briefcase. When he gets to the town hall, he opens the case to a crowd of many overworld spriters. He then shows them the new version of Pokémon Resources, and he says this:

Overworld sprite makers, you've sometimes had to hop from sheet to sheet. Now, we're taking the comprehensive Pokemon Resources, which has been on SerebiiForums before, to a new level. KB is releasing EIGHT (8) sorted, quality-checked sheets of sprites under the Pokémon Resources Diamond and Pearl Version name within the next three days! The sheets go down like this:

Sheet I: The sheet that started it all. Chock-full of custom sprites as well as regular ones, Sheet I is the original Pokémon Resources at heart. Highlights of the sheet include a few sprites from Gold and Silver Versions, Emerald overworld buildings, and more.
Sheet II: A modified version of new001's compendium of people, Pokémon, and objects. You won't believe how much is in this!
Sheet III: A new sheet; we've taken most of the vehicle sprites (again, a smattering from Gold/Silver/Crystal), along with Desgardes' custom cuts of Wes and Rui, a tricked-out badge set, Coronis overworlds, and the Mossdeep City rocket.
Sheet IV: A direct adaptation of an unknown spriter's work. Some material is not found in the other sheets that is in here.
Sheet V: Known as the JSV Sheet, this new introduction to the Pokémon Resources family features cuts from Project Platinum. I believe all sprites are in the public domain, thus my use of them.
Sheet VI: Brand new, sheet six contains some special stuff I picked up over the last few months, but have never shared. I don't even know what two of them are.
Sheet VII: NEVER RELEASED! The seventh sheet, formerly sheet 1, was the result of a split of Sheet I (which became Sheet 2).
Sheet VIII: The eighth sheet also found its way to SPPf in a past life, and is another heritage KB sprite sheet, remixed for a new forum. It is an additional library of overworld people.

To break it down:
Sheet I: Pokémon Resources Flagship/Compilation
Sheet II: Objects/People/Pokémon
Sheet III: Miscellanea
Sheet IV: Overworld Items (generic)
Sheet V: The JSV Collection/Project Platinum
Sheet VI: Misc. Johto Sprites
Sheet VII: Stuff We Couldn't Fit into Sheet I/The Lost Flagship
Sheet VIII: People and Protagonists

It's a new collection for new overworld spriters. This will give you access to the widest library of sprites I've ever seen, and that's rare for me as the compiler of Pokémon Resources for two years!

There are eight sheets, which is large enough to warrant a ZIP file. It will be coming soon, because I can't find a place to put it. If you have one, PM me immediately.

A bit of history about Pokémon Resources to those who don't know to cap off the post...

I started compiling a few sheets one could find on Spriters' Resource, and called them Pokémon Resources. It grew quickly, acquiring full support on the NSider Forums (the first release ground for the line). I didn't know it went here to SPPf at one point, and it continued. Eventually, it went to two sheets, with a third in the works. Then, I went on hiatus, working in secret. The number of sheets has skyrocketed with this release alone, being the first in nearly one year. Pokémon Resources, the one overworld spriters know as the one-stop shop, is now the biggest sprite library anywhere in the Pokémon fan community with this update. Overworld spriting is back, for good.

KB, The Raikou Spriter

Last edited:

krazyelements241

Wow! thanks this is rally helpfull .
K.E